Great for the larger family or a group of friends, Sea View has magnificent views over the sea; its garden leading directly on to the beach at Thorpeness. Booked in conjunction with The Pink House - the two properties are next door to one another - parties of up to 18 - 20 can be accommodated.
For the perfect beachside holiday, Sea View in Thorpeness, on the Suffolk coast, will be hard to beat. Situated on the sea front at Thorpeness, Sea View pre-dates the original development of Thorpeness at the beginning of the 20th century.
Upstairs there are six bedrooms and five bathrooms, three with superb views over the beach to the sea; downstairs there is a further bathroom, dining room and comfortable sitting room. The large dining room leads directly from the kitchen and has a large table (an extension can be added) to accommodate 18 comfortably (20 with a squash for Christmas lunch). There is a games room to enjoy as well making Sea View perfect for families and friends.
A good sized patio garden to the rear, parking for several cars and across the road a grassed garden leading down to the beach with a fire pit; perfect for long summer evenings and picnics.
Designed to be a refined seaside oasis for the middle classes, the village of Thorpeness was constructed so that the busy Edwardians could enjoy pleasures of the sea and beach in a garden oasis surrounded by the comfort and convenience of a country club. Every need has been catered for and Thorpeness, as well as being home to the famous folly, House in the Clouds, has an attractive Country club with tennis courts, superb 18 hole heathland golf course, an excellent pub and a village shop which sells both the essentials and a wide variety of delightful pre-prepared meals and culinary delicacies, as well as Thorpeness Meare, where you can sail, row or punt your way around the many little islands with their allusions to Peter Pan - try and find the crocodile!
Beyond the village, there are lovely heathland and seaside walks, with the opportunity for birdwatching at Westwood Marshes (RSPB) all a short walk away from the house. Nearby is Aldeburgh, home of the Aldeburgh Festival and home to several excellent restaurants. Also within easy reach are RSPB Minsmere, Dunwich and Southwold.
Sea View overlooks the beach with wonderful sea views from many rooms. The area around the house is gated and largely paved with table and chairs and space for bikes, barbecuing etc. and includes a parking area in front of the garage.
A few steps across the road is the fenced grassed garden which leads directly onto the beach; again great for barbecues and games. Lie in bed and watch the seabirds, or sit around the log fire listening to the waves crashing on the beach in winter, Sea View is a house for all seasons.
Ideal for any age group, Sea View has six good sized double/twin bedrooms and bathrooms on the first floor, whilst downstairs there is a kitchen and two lovely reception rooms overlooking the beach, utility room and ground floor bathroom, ideal for the youngsters just in from the beach. Young or old there is lots to entertain with sailing, rowing, canoeing, punting, tennis and golf all within a couple of minutes walk.
Golf Courses in and around Thorpeness:
Thorpeness Golf Club is a 5-minute walk away. Set amongst the Suffolk coastal heathland, the golf course offers a tough challenge for all levels of player. Designed by James Braid in 1922, this Suffolk golf course winds through silver birch, pine trees, gorse and heather and was described by the Sunday Telegraph Golfing Guide as "Reminiscent of the inland glories of Sunningdale and Woodhall Spa".
Aldeburgh Golf Club The original Aldeburgh Golf Club course was designed in 1884 by John Thompson from Royal Wimbledon and Open champion Willie Fernie from Felixstowe and later modified by J.H. Taylor and Willie Park Junior. Taylor's bunkers are visible today, recognisable by their sweeping banks which curve both vertically and horizontally. The new heathland course was officially opened in 1908 and has hardly changed since. There are some long holes to tempt the big hitter but plenty of holes that require careful attention. There is also a smaller nine-hole course. It is 1.5 miles from Sea View, Thorpeness.
- Sleeps 12
- 6 Bedrooms
- 5 Bathrooms
- 2 Well-behaved pets allowed
- WiFi available
- Friday changeover
- Open fire/woodburner
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Travel cot
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- No smoking
- Nearest shop 0.1 mile
- Nearest pub 0.1 mile
- 0.1 mile from the coast
- Ground floor bathroom
- A door from the porch leads into the Entrance Hall with a hall table and a couple of easy chairs and access to the main reception rooms and the inner hall where there is loads of space for coats and sandy shoes and of course tennis rackets and golf clubs
- The sitting room is on the right. With wonderful views over the sea there are sofas and comfy chairs, TV/DVD with Sky package, an iPod dock/radio, open fire and views over the sea.
- To the left of the hall is the dining room which includes a large table with seating for 12
- A door from the living room leads through to a small rear hall with doors to the games room with ping pong table
- Bathroom with bath and overhead shower, washbasin, bidet and w.c.
- A utility room with washing machine, dryer and drying racks, space for storage of sailing and swimming things
- The well equipped and kitchen which is to the rear of the dining room has a large gas hob and double oven (great for Christmas lunch for 12), dishwasher, microwave, larder fridge and freezer and separate drinks fridge and door leading to the paved garden where there is table and chairs and space for bikes etc
Stairs from the inner hall lead to the first floor
- A central landing leads to the six bedrooms, bathroom and shower rooms
- Bedroom one - with double bed, bedside tables, lamps and wardrobe
- Family bathroom with bath and washbasin
- Bedroom two with sea views. A double-bedded room with bedside tables, chest of drawers, hanging hooks with door to en-suite shower room with washbasin
- Bedroom three with sea views. A twin bedded room with bedside table and lamp, chest of drawers and hanging hooks. Door to en suite shower room which is also linked to bedroom four
- Bedroom four with sea view. A further twin room with bedside table and lamps, chest of drawers (access to shower room)
- Bedroom five - A master bedroom with double bed and bedside table, chest of drawers and wardrobe, easy chair by the window which once again has great sea view
- Bedroom six - A double bedded room with wardrobe and chest of drawers
- Separate w.c.
- To the front of the house there is a drive, parking for 1 to 2 cars, and large paved area. To the rear of the house is a really large fenced terrace with table and chairs. there is a large private grassed garden across the road with a large sheltered barbecue pit and sunbathing area, and direct gated access to the beach
- There is a parking space in front of the garage, whilst the garage has been converted into a games room with ping pong table.
- Heating, bed linen and towels are provided. Please bring your own beach towels. If using the travel cot, please provide your own bedding for it.
- In consideration of other visitors please do not smoke in the house
- A Good Housekeeping deposit of £250 is required with the full or final payment. This deposit is refundable as long as the terms of business are met.
- Immortalise your special occasion with A photo album of your holiday
- Looking for a special dinner, a relaxing lunch, a vintage high tea or simply a series of wonderful home made meals delivered to your door. See the Catering Options available at your holiday home. Catering arrangements should be made directly with the caterers.
- To arrange at fridge fill prior to your arrival please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- A wifi service is provided. Internet reception can sometimes be patchy and the connection provided should NOT be relied on for work use, games or downloading of films. Excessive use of the internet will be charged at cost.
- The Dolphin Inn - tel. 01728 454994. Please note some rural pubs have closed down in recent months with little or no notice - so please do check the status if this is a criterion for your choice of property
- Please note that logs are NOT provided for the log fire and guests are asked to provide their own.
|Band||Date Range||7 night price *|
|2nd June 2017 - 7th July 2017||£2,295.00|
|7th July 2017 - 1st September 2017||£3,102.00|
|1st September 2017 - 29th September 2017||£2,295.00|
|29th September 2017 - 20th October 2017||£2,010.00|
|20th October 2017 - 27th October 2017||£2,523.00|
|27th October 2017 - 22nd December 2017||£2,010.00|
|22nd December 2017 - 6th January 2018||£3,297.00|
* Please note: guide prices are based on the current year's prices and do not include optional items such as pet fees.
We all thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Sea View - the house had everything we needed, was warm and cosy and in an amazing location. Thank you!Ann D, Essex - 19th May 2015