DescriptionA modern detached holiday property with roomy accommodation within walking distance of a lovely dining pub, the Ufford Crown.
Hollybank Cottage, Ufford, Near Woodbridge, Suffolk
Woodbridge 3.5 miles, Snape 10 miles Orford 12 miles, nearest beach 10 miles,
House style: Beams, dormer windows and a lovely inglenook fireplace - but without any of the inconveniences of an ancient farmhouse. Hollybank has been a family home, and whilst the clutter which goes with family living is nowhere to be seen, the comfort and convenience of the modern home is all here to enjoy.
The rooms are spacious and very well appointed with comfortable sofas and armchairs, flat screen TV / DVD and freeview, and a large inglenook fireplace and woodburning stove, to supplement the already ample heating, you will be sure of a really comfortable stay whatever the weather. The dining room is large and whilst the table has seating for 8 people, there is space for several more. Beyond the dining area is a small sofa and TV area - great if you don't all want to watch the same programme.
The lovely kitchen is modern and well equipped and with a really large utility room next door, you can move all the mess of meal preparation next door, even if you have wet weather gear and children's toys stored in there. As well as a ground floor cloakroom Hollybank has three bathrooms upstairs so there should never be too much wait for the shower.
Setting: Well away from the road - Hollybank is up a private drive - the house has lawns to the front with a patio area with table and chairs and lawn and shrubs to the rear, as well as more seating. There is a BBQ.
Children: This is a house designed for the family and many children have passed through its doors over the years. There is a cot, high chair and microwave, excellent facilities for washing and drying and plenty of baby changing space. While some family games are provided you will need to bring children's toys.
Eating and Drinking out: The nearest pub, the Ufford Crown offers excellent food and is a few minutes' walk away.Down the hill in Lower Ufford is the village hostelry, The White Lionwhere you will enjoy a good locals' ambience. Do also go into Woodbridge where there is an excellent choice of pubsand restaurants.
Self Catering: Ideal for Christmas lunch or a birthday celebration, the house is well equipped for family meals or an adult dinner party. There is a Co-op in Wickham Market just up the road. There are excellentfood shopsin Woodbridge, just five minutes away by car. If you want to venture a little further both Orfordand Aldeburgh can also compete for your culinary arts (particularly fish).
Activities: An excellent choice of golf courses close by suitable for the beginner and the expert - the nearest,Ufford Park, about half a mile away has a driving range as well. Whilst we are on the subject of health and fitness, Ufford Park also has a spa and pool. This is a great area for cycling and there are many quiet lanes with wonderful views over the meadows, heaths (Sutton and Hollesley) and woodlands (Rendlesham Forest).
Woodbridge, an ancient market town, has numerous historic buildings including two mills open to the public, a windmill where flour is still occasionally milled and the old tide mill overlooking the Deben river - make time to walk along the riverside path - quite stunning.
Just a couple of miles from Woodbridge is Sutton Hoo, the most famous Saxon burial ground, which overlooks both the river and the Sandlings Heaths, well worth a visit for anyone with the slightest interest in birds. Cross the heaths to the pretty sandy beach at Bawdsey.
No visit to Suffolk is complete without a visit to the lovely seaside town of Aldeburgh - and whilst it might be following the herd (and certainly will include standing in line) you might like the fish and chips there - they are something else.
- Sleeps 8
- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- No pets
- WiFi available
- Saturday changeover
- Open fire/woodburner
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Travel cot
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- No smoking
- Nearest shop 3.7 miles
- Nearest pub 0.1 mile
- 3.7 miles from the coast
- Enter the cottage via the back door which leads directly into the utility room. A really good sized room with loads of cupboard space, washing machine, tumble dryer, airer, butler sink and loads of room for wet coats, boots, freezer and fridge
- A door from the utility room leads into the large kitchen / dining room. The kitchen itself has wooden flooring and is newly fitted with electric hob and extractor, double oven, fitted microwave, toaster, built in fridge and dishwasher and pull out larder cupboard. A breakfast bar with cupboards below separates the kitchen from the large dining room with table to seat 8, 2 seater sofa, large flat screen TV, DVD player and CD player
- The sitting room is of a really good size with two large sofas and several easy chairs, coffee and occasional tables, flat screen TV with Freeview, stereo and a large fire place with wood burning stove.
- There is a ground floor cloakroom with wash basin and wc
- An wide staircase leads to the first floor
- Master bedroom with double bed, bedside tables and overhead wall lights, wardrobe and chest of drawers. The en-suite bathroom has a large walk in shower, wash basin, w.c and heated towel rail.
- Bedroom 2, a twin bedded room with two full sized single beds, bedside table and light, wardrobe, chest of drawers and 2 seater sofa
- Family bathroom 1 has a bath, wash basin, w.c. and heated towel rail
- Bedroom 3, a double bedded room with bed side tables and lamps, wardrobe with drawer and large mirror
- Bedroom 4, a twin bedded room with two full sized single beds, bedside table and lamp, wardrobe, chest of drawers and mirror.
- Family bathroom 2 has a bath with overhead shower, wash basin, w.c. and radiator with towel rail above
- To the front of the property is a spacious drive (shared with Orchard Cottage), lawn and patio with table and chairs
- To the rear of the property is a further garden with garden chairs
- Full gas central heating throughout
- Bed linen and towels are provided, please bring your own beach towels. Most of the bed linen is synthetic. There is a hair dryer.
- Wi fi access available for your lap top. Now offering unlimited access
- Garden - lawned to front and rear with tables and chairs, BBQ and garden seating
- Parking - there is parking for 2-3 cars in the drive
- In consideration of other visitors please do not smoke in the house
- If you have 2-3 friends who want to stay nearby see Orchard Cottage sleeps 3.
- The Ufford Crown - tel. 01394 461030. Please note some rural pubs have closed down in recent months with little or no notice - so please do check the status if this is a criterion for your choice of property
This was our third visit to Holly Bank Cottage with 3 generations of the family. The cottage is spacious and well laid out, plenty of room for when the rest of our family join us. The garden is also big enough for children to play out or simply to sit. The cottage is well stocked with all items that were needed for feeding 8 or going out on picnics. The area is beautiful and even though we visit several times a year, we are never short of places to go. The parks, river walks and shopping in Woodbridge are excellent.Mrs Dunston - 5th September 2017
We were very pleased with Hollybank Cottage. We love our weekends in our Suffolk cottageSusan W, Ipswich - 18th March 2016
A home from home! We have all enjoyed our stay in such a lovely location. Hollybank is very well equipped and the welcome pack was very much appreciated!Newton family, Bedfordshire - 12th August 2011
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Spicers of Hythe Ltd 20% discount on Hampers of Distinction
A hamper of distinction from Spicers of Hythe adds a little luxury to any occasion. We offer 20% off a beautifully presented hamper of gourmet delights.
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Dineindulge Dineindulge - private dining service
Enjoy private dining in the comfort of your holiday property. Dineindulge offer a personal chef service with restaurant quality cuisine from only £23.95 per pe...
ACT Studios Family & Friends Photography
Make your special holidays last beautifully forever with a fun one hour professional photography session at the location you choose. We meet you there.
Sponge Sponge Cakes
Want to celebrate during your holiday? 15% discount on award winning handmade sponge cakes delivered to your holiday cottage.