DescriptionBeautiful refurbished house accommodating 8 in the heart of the quintessential English seaside village of Walberswick, with a stunning large south-facing balcony upon which to relax and take advantage of the delightful sea views.
SOUTHWOLD 8 miles (or 10 minutes walk across the footbridge over the River Blyth), DUNWICH (RSPB MINSMERE) 6 miles, ALDEBURGH 15 miles
About The Property
Sleeping 8 and with two sitting rooms and a dedicated nursery, Seaview is a perfect family holiday home. The large south-facing balcony has space and seating for everybody to enjoy, and the secure garden is great for children who want to be a little more active outdoors.
Just minutes' walk from the beach and with the other village amenities such as pubs, delis and small shops in easy walking distance plus only a short walk across the footbridge, or using the footferry, across the River Blyth to get to Southwold, you can park your car at the start of your holiday and not need to get in it again until you're sadly packing up to leave.
The mostly open-plan ground floor has a great kitchen for cooks, including a 4-oven AGA available in winter month only (with instructions for use for novices) and 2-ring induction hob, a four ring electric hob with two electric ovens and grill, large dining table plus a seating area with large squishy corner-sofa and flatscreen TV. The glass doors fold right back to welcome the outside in on pleasant days and there is a table with bench-seating just outside on the terrace area.
The ground floor also has a shower room - perfect for washing away the sand and salt after days on the beach.
The first floor has three bedrooms, a sitting room with woodburning stove and giant flatscreen TV, shared bathroom and a designated nursery. One of the bedrooms has French windows out onto the wonderful large balcony complete with sun loungers, table and sofa and gorgeous sea views.
The top floor provides a spacious and luxurious master suite, complete with shower room and walk-in wardrobe.
The garden is laid mainly to lawn, so great for youngsters wanting space to play. There is also a terrace area with a table and two bench-seats. A shed provides storage for a number of bicycles.
Parking is on the street but the 'no parking' sign on the garage door means you should be able to park one or two cars immediately in front of Seaview. Further parking is available toward the beach - just follow the signs. Approximately 5 minutes' walk.
Sleeps 8 in one superking, two doubles and one twin. There is also a designated nursery with a fixed cot and travel cot.
This property is ideal for
One or two families or a group of friends. It really is in a superb location! Walk to the pub, to the beach, to Southwold, plus lovely walks and bike rides further afield from your door.
Three nights, except for the main School Holidays (Summer, Easter, Christmas & New Year, May and October half-terms) when it is a week. Changeover during these periods is a Friday.
No smoking, and sorry, no pets.
Self-catering Eating & Drinking
There is a small but well-stocked Co-op on your way into Walberswick, with the independent Black Dog Delijust beyond it. If you're travelling in up the A12 you'll pass a variety of wonderful farm and local-food shops, including the Marlesford Farm Cafe, Friday Street Farm Shop and the Darsham Hamper. Nearest supermarkets - Waitrose and Tesco - can be found at Saxmundham. Fresh fish can be bought in Church Lane or from the Southwold side of the quay (just a quick skip across the footbridge).
For a meal out you've got the well-regarded Anchor Innjust down the road from Seaview, and The Bell Inn just a little further round the corner. You can easily walk across the footbridge into Southwold from Seaview to get to its many great pubs and restaurants, so a walk there and taxi back shouldn't add too much to the evening's festivities. A quick look at the Visit Southwold - Eating Out guide should help with your decision-making.
All hardware such as highchair and cots are supplied for your use at Seaview for the family holiday. The garden is a good size and, with the beach almost on your doorstep, and the world-famous crabbing areas even nearer, there is plenty of space to be explored by the kids. Good job there is plenty of space in the entrance hall for muddy boots and rain coats!
You've got the beach practically on your doorstep but, should the weather not be conducive to outdoor fun, Seaview has two flatscreen TVs with Sky+ boxes and DVD players, along with a selection of DVDs and some board games.
Beachwear, obviously, buckets and spades, plus some crabbing kit (lines and nets) as Walberswick was long the home of the British Open Crabbing Championships (it only had to move as it was proving too popular for this tiny village to cope with!) This part of the country is good for cycling, and there is a shed you can store bikes in if bringing them. Walking is good around here too - not too arduous - so do bring some walking gear if you like to explore on foot. There are numerous RSPB sites and reserves in the locality - Dunwich Heath, Minsmere, Dingle Marshes and Hen Reedbeds very close by, and the likes of North Warren, Havergate Island and Boyton Marshes an easy drive away - so if there's a keen birdwatcher in the party Seaview will be ideal.
- Sleeps 8
- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- No pets
- WiFi available
- Friday changeover
- Open fire/woodburner
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Travel cot
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- No smoking
- Nearest shop 0.2 mile
- Nearest pub 0.1 mile
- 1.5 miles from the coast
- Ground floor bathroom
- Large entrance hall with hanging hooks, cubby holes for shoes, understairs cupboard and dresser
- Open plan kitchen-diner. The well-equipped kitchen has a 4-oven AGA available during the winter months, complete with Mary Berry's "AGA Cookbook" (which also has instructions for use), a 2-ring induction hob, a large four ring electric hob with two electric ovens and grill, extensive storage, large fridge-freezer, dishwasher, microwave, and island/breakfast bar. There is a dining table with chairs for 8 (plus 2 further upstairs), a sitting area with large corner-sofa, wall-mounted flatscreen TV with SKY+HD (not movies or sports) DVD player and radio with iPod dock. Wide folding doors open onto the garden.
- Utility room, where you will find the boiler, highchair, iron & ironing board, washing machine, tumble dryer, water softener and sink.
- Shower room with Aqualisa walk-in shower, wc and washbasin
- Bedroom with twin beds, chest of drawers, wardrobe, bedside unit and lamp, chair
- Bedroom with double bed, two bedside units and lamps, wardrobe, chair
- Sitting room with two generous sofas (each seating 3-4 people), woodburning stove, large flatscreen TV with Sky+HD and DVD player. Selection of DVDs.
- Nursery with cot, changing table, travel cot and wardrobe. Sea view.
- The family bathroom has a bath with handheld shower attachment, separate shower cubicle with Aqualisa shower, wc, washbasin, and large heated towel rail
- Sea view bedroom with double bed, two bedside units and lamps, chest of drawers, built-in wardrobe, doors to large balcony
- Large balcony overlooking the garden, with wonderful sea view, sunloungers, table and chairs
- Stairs leading up to the second floor are quite steep and narrow
- Spacious master suite featuring a superking bed with two bedside units and lamps, walk-in wardrobe, en-suite shower room with Aqualisa shower, wc and washbasin. Sea view.
- South-facing garden laid mainly to lawn. Terraced area with table and bench seating. There is also a charcoal barbecue.
- There is parking for one or two cars immediately in front of the property. Please do not park in front of the bins.
- Central heating, bed linen and towels are included. Please bring your own beach towels and bedding for the cot if using it.
- In consideration of other visitors please do not smoke in the house
- Wifi is provided but reception in the area can be patchy and the connection provided should not be relied on for work use, and is unsuitable for the downloading of games and films.
- Additional items supplied include: iron and ironing board, stairgate, hairdryer and hoover.
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Spicers of Hythe Ltd 20% discount on Hampers of Distinction
A hamper of distinction from Spicers of Hythe adds a little luxury to any occasion. We offer 20% off a beautifully presented hamper of gourmet delights.
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Dineindulge Dineindulge - private dining service
Enjoy private dining in the comfort of your holiday property. Dineindulge offer a personal chef service with restaurant quality cuisine from only £23.95 per pe...
ACT Studios Family & Friends Photography
Make your special holidays last beautifully forever with a fun one hour professional photography session at the location you choose. We meet you there.
Sponge Sponge Cakes
Want to celebrate during your holiday? 15% discount on award winning handmade sponge cakes delivered to your holiday cottage.