DescriptionA delightful Regency manor house; its large rooms totally refurbished to create a boutique-style holiday property just right for a group of friends or family get-together. With large garden and superb covered terrace with hot tub it's a great retreat at any time of year.
HALESWORTH 2.8 miles (4.5 km), SOUTHWOLD 11.5 miles (18.5 km), WALBERSWICK 6.7 miles (10.7 km), DUNWICH 6.8 miles (10.9 km)
Style: Red-brick Regency manor house, newly refurbished with fab boutique style interior.
Setting: Village setting yet with large and extremely private gardens, and super covered terrace with hot tub. The Manor House is just a minute's walk from the Queen's Head (Suffolk pub of the year) in the Suffolk Coast and Heaths Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Interior: The owner has restored this beautiful old manor house creating a new boutique splendour. Care has been taken to ensure each room has a unique decorative feel and with loads of space for family and friends you can get on with your individual activities - work or play - without disturbing each other. Lovely little touches like iPod docks, Playstation 3 and flatscreen TVs, mean all the family will be entertained no matter what the weather. Be careful not to bump your head, some of the original door frames are a little low!
Grounds: A large fenced garden of around a third of an acre with long meandering gravel drive leading down from the 5-bar gate, the lawn is surrounded by mature trees and shrubs. Over by the house is a large covered terrace with outdoor sofas and table and a hot tub - just the spot for an evening glass and nibbles. There is a charcoal BBQ and outside table and chairs for al fresco dining.
Sleeps: 10 + 2 in 3 king-sized doubles, 1 pair of twin beds, 1 pair of bunk beds and 1 daybed with pull out section to make a double.
Ideal for: 3 couples (with or without children) wanting time away together in luxurious self-catering accommodation close to the Sandling heaths and the coast. The village is on the edge of the common which runs cross country to Wenhaston and east towards the coast and Southwold - The Sandlings. Gorse and heather create a perfect habitat for a number of rare ground nesting birds, colourful butterflies and excellent grazing for deer. Just a few miles from Dunwich, Minsmere, Walberswick and Southwold, this is an area of wide skies and breath-taking landscapes. Walkers, cyclists and bird watchers will be in their element. There are various boat trips available both in the Blyth Estuary and from Southwold Harbour. Theatre lovers should check out The New Cut Arts Centre in Halesworth, where there is a year round programme of entertainment.
Eating and Drinking: Just a couple of minutes walk takes you to the Queen's Head, both a great Adnams pub, and well known for its excellent food. Also in Bramfield village, and just 100 yards around the corner from The Manor House, is K.W. Clarke butchers, which also functions as the general store for the village. The New Cut at Halesworth does great food and there are several excellent organic food shops as well as a large supermarket. Also the Angel at the top of Thoroughfare has an Italian restaurant. If you are looking for really fresh fish then wander down to Southwold Harbour, where you can buy fresh fish or go to the fish restaurant for some lovely shell fish. The Harbour Inn does great fish and chips. The Anchor at Walberswick is also excellent.
Self Catering: There is no shortage of places to shop for local foods and delicacies. Try Emmetts in Peasanhall for a real treat but do watch your budget, or take a trip down to Darsham and try Emmerdale's farm shop.
Children: A child's paradise! On the top floor of the house is a great play room with bean bags, games, toys, blackboard, table football, TV, DVD and Nintendo games machine with further games and toys downstairs where there is a lovely breakfast room adjoining the kitchen, good for youngsters meals and for playing and drawing. Each bathroom has a child's step for reaching the basin or the bath and there are stair gates and a high chair.
Outside in the garden there is a trampoline, a tree den, swing and more games and hidden areas to explore.
Music: In the sitting room there is a large flatscreen TV with DVD player and freeview with basic SKY package and Playstation 3, all fitted with surround sound. There are iPod docks in the sitting room, kitchen and the three double bedrooms.
Provided: Toiletries for the bath and shower. Wood for the fire. Games and books.
Packing tips: Beachwear and walking boots. Golfing shoes, as there is an 18 hole and a 9 hole pay and play golf course half a mile up the road in Halesworth. Binoculars of course for nearby Dunwich Heath and RSPB Minsmere. Also the house is close to North Manor Equestrian Centre which offers riding lessons and hacking, but must be booked in advance.
- Hot tub
- Sleeps 10
- 5 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- No pets
- WiFi available
- Open fire/woodburner
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Travel cot
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- No smoking
- Nearest shop 3.1 miles
- Nearest pub 3.1 miles
- 10.2 miles from the coast
- Ground floor bathroom
- A stable door opens into the kitchen which is newly refurbished and fully fitted with butler sink, dishwasher, washer/dryer, microwave, American style fridge/freezer with full ice maker, coffee grinder, large Range Master electric coooker with ceramic hob, double oven and plate warmer, sandwich maker and lots of pots, pans, serving bowls etc
- The breakfast room is separated from the kitchen by a breakfast bar. There is a table and six chairs, a large window overlooking the garden and a porthole window
- The rear hall has a traditional brick floor, large cupboards for cleaning equipment etc, boot rack and loads of hanging space
- There is a good sized shower room with corner shower, wash basin and w.c.
- A door from the hall leads to the small sitting room with large sofa, with coffee table, computer, large flat screen wall mounted TV
- The sitting room has large windows on two sides making it very light. There are sofas, coffee and occasional tables, book case and side board, a log burning stove, large flat screen TV, iPod player, DVD player, freeview, Playstation 3
- The dining room has a dresser with games and cookery books, a display cabinet with china and glasses, large dining table with 10 chairs and french doors leading out to the garden. There is an open unused fire
- The master bedroom has a 4 poster bed (king), bedside cabinets and lamps, with radio iPod player, chest of drawers, hair dryer, wardrobe, easy chair and door to
- En suite bathroom with square bath with hand-held and overhead shower, wash basin, w.c. and heated towel rail
- Bedroom 2 with king sized sleigh bed, bedside cabinets and lamps, radio iPod dock, chest of drawers, hair dryer, wardrobe
- Bedroom 3 with king sized sleigh bed, bedside cabinets and lamps, radio iPod dock, chest of drawers, hair dryer, wardrobe
- Bedroom 4 has full sized bunks with fixed ladder to the upper bunk, reading lights and wardrobe with shelves and hanging space
- Family bathroom with roll top bath, hand-held and overhead shower, wash basin, w.c. and heated towel rail
- Bedroom 5 with full sized twin beds, bedside chests with reading lamps, wardrobe
- A playroom with day bed (can be expanded to create a double bed), window seat, bean bags, table top football, nursery table and chairs, storage boxes with games. TV, DVD, Nintendo games console.
- Parents may wish to supervise children on the steep stairs to and from the second floor - there are stairgates for both the bottom and top of the stairs
- A large covered terraced area with hot tub, lighting, outdoor sofa seating and large drinks table. There is a large bbq (charcoal) and table and seating for al fresco dining
- The garden is largely laid to lawn mainly with fencing, shrubs and mature trees to the perimeter, a trampoline and swing and garden lighting
- There is parking for 4 to 5 cars on the gravel drive
- Stairgates, high chair, toddler steps and microwave, loads of toys and games will make holidaying with children a lot easier
- Bed linen and towels are provided - please bring your own beach towels. If using the travel cot please provide your own bed linen for it.
- Oil fired central heating with log burning stove in the sitting room and open fire in the dining room
- In consideration of other visitors, please do not smoke in the property
- Wifi internet link is available for your laptop
- A broadband / wi fi service is provided. Please be aware excessive use of this service may be charged at cost.
- Looking for a special dinner, a relaxing lunch, a vintage high tea or simply a series of wonderful home made meals delivered to your door. See the Catering Options available at your holiday home. Catering arrangements should be made directly with the caterers.
- The Queens Head - tel. 01986 784214. Please note some rural pubs have closed down in recent months with little or no notice - so please do check the status if this is a criterion for your choice of property
A beautiful house and a real pleasure to stay in. A perfect location to spend time with the family . Mrs Kinnari Patel - 8th January 2018
Fantastic weekend with friend at The Manor House, very child friendly. Playroom was great although the stairs a little steep! Beautiful garden, had great weather so could enjoy being outside. Would definitely recommend to friends. Thank you.The Rippons, Sykes and Horncastle family - 18th July 2016
What a lovely house for our family to get together to celebrate my husband's 65th birthday. Our 3 grandchildren thought the house was amazing! Our older granddaughter (7) thought it was like a castle! They particularly enjoyed the hot tub and trampoline. Trips to Southwold pier, brewery, Lighthouse and shops were a big hit. Our boat trip to Oulton Broad was interesting but we did get cold! Trips to Sole Bay for a seafood lunch (Southwold) was excellent also Aldeburgh, Walberswick, Blythburgh church and White Hart pub and of course - Minsmere. Forgot to mention Dunwich beach and fish and chips at the Flora Tearooms - fab. What a pity the weather was disappointing. Something you can't organise! Thank you.The Howes Family - 18th September 2015
The house exceeded our expectations. Very clean, good information and the house had everything you could possible need for a 3 families.Samantha H, Essex - 28th August 2015
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Emma Crowhurst - Private Chef Cookery Workshop and Entertainment
Have fun and learn some new skills with a cookery workshop from local chef Emma Crowhurst
Discover Newmarket Discover Newmarket Tours
Once the sporting playground of royalty, the historic home of horseracing celebrates a heritage dating back over 350 years. The area has loads to offer with Dis...
Nomad Sea Kayaking Nomad Sea Kayaking Adventure
Get active with an adventure sea kayaking experience. See a different view of Suffolk’s waterside landscape and wildlife, on one of these truly memorable tr...
Emma Crowhurst - Private Chef Private chef to cook your dinner
For a truly relaxing holiday, why not treat yourself to a private chef to cook for you. Bespoke dining experiences courtesy of local chef Emma Crowhurst
Prosecco O'Clock Private Prosecco Party
Whether it is to celebrate an anniversary, special birthday or just ‘because’, there’s always an excuse for a sparkling celebration with a Private Prosecc...
Ufford Park Health & Spa Two for One Fire and Ice Spa Day at Ufford Park Spa
Treat yourself and a partner to the ultimate indulgent day of relaxation at The Thermal Suite, Ufford Park Spa, plus enjoy 25% discount on treatments.
Cretingham Golf Club Unlimited Golf Packages - Cretingham Golf Club
We are delighted to be able to bring you this exclusive offer from one of the county’s most picturesque golf courses. The 18-hole parkland course is...
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Spicers of Hythe Ltd 20% discount on Hampers of Distinction
A hamper of distinction from Spicers of Hythe adds a little luxury to any occasion. We offer 20% off a beautifully presented hamper of gourmet delights.