At the very North of Suffolk sits the delightful Fenacre. Formerly two properties, the cottage has been lovingly converted to provide three bedrooms and spacious reception rooms downstairs for all of the family to enjoy. The thatched roof and exposed timbers reflect the cottage's past; it is thought that Fenacre dates back to the 1650's. Outside, there is a lovely lawned garden with patio, decked area and pond which is home to a variety of wildlife. It provides the perfect spot to soak up the sun, dine alfresco or simply enjoy a morning cuppa.
The owners have gone the extra mile to ensure that holidaymakers have a truly relaxing stay in this northerly part of Suffolk. The TV in the sitting room shows both FreeSat and SKY, meaning that you can catch up on the latest movie releases and music videos from the comfort of a sofa! The kitchen too has been equipped to ensure you can cook up a host of culinary delights including an ice cream maker and a bread machine! Dream of long afternoons spent in the conservatory... With views out to the garden you can look forward to relaxing with a good book or simply take in the view. Bliss.
The bedrooms are accessed from two staircases - one in the entrance hall and one in the dining room. You will also find a wet room style shower room on the first floor, complete with underfloor heating, as well as a jack and jill bathroom with roll top bath.
Ideal for: Family or friends looking for a homely base to explore the surrounding area of North Suffolk and South Norfolk.
Sleeps: 7 in 2 kings, 1 double and 1 single.
Exploring: There is plenty to explore within a short distance of Fenacre. The closest town is Diss. A traditional market town on the Suffolk/Norfolk border you can find a plethora of shops, a mere, play park, swimming pool and of course the weekly farmers market. Children will love a trip to Banham Zoo or Bressingham Steam Museum - both are equally worth a visit and have plenty of picnic points to enjoy a family lunch. For picturesque walking routes, look no further. With a good variety of paths available straight from the doorstep; holidaymakers will also enjoy a visit to Redgrave and Lopham Fen; be sure to take a camera with you. Of course, why not visit Norwich? You can reach the city in around 40 minutes by car or take the train in Diss and arrive in 20 minutes.
Eating and Drinking out: Your closest pub is The White Hart in the village of South Lopham, serving a good selection of pub favourites. You'll also find a selection of other eateries in nearby Diss and Eye - just take a scenic drive and you'll be sure to stumble across a gem!
Self catering: Most big name supermarkets will deliver to Fenacre - but Diss offers a selection of supermarkets including a Tesco superstore. And of course, not forgetting the weekly farmers market, where you can select from a wide variety of locally sourced produce.
For more information on what to do in the area, head to our sister site Visit North Suffolk.
- Sleeps 7
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- No pets
- WiFi available
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- No smoking
- Enclosed garden
- Nearest shop 4.5 miles
- Nearest pub 1 mile
- 36 miles from the coast
- Ground floor bathroom
- The front door opens onto the Entrance hall with a staircase leading to bedrooms 1 and 2.
- Sitting Room with a selection of comfortable seating, FreeSat TV and SKY with access to music and films and iPod dock.
- Conservatory with comfortable seating.
- Cloakroom with w.c. and hand basin.
- Dining room with dining table and chairs. A spiral staircase from here leads to Bedroom 3.
- Kitchen with electric cooker, electric ceramic hob, fridge, microwave and dishwasher.
- Utility room with microwave, washing machine and bread and ice cream makers.
- Shower room with large wet room shower cubicle, double washbasin, w.c. and underfloor heating.
- Second cloakroom with w.c. and hand basin.
- Bedroom 1 with king sized bed.
- Bedroom 2 with king sized bed.
- Jack and Jill Bathroom with freestanding roll top bath, hand-held shower attachment, hand basin, shaver point and w.c.
- Bedroom 3 with double bed and single bed. Please note that this bedroom is accessed from the rear staircase directly and has no door.
- Pretty lawned gardens surround the house. The gardens are fully enclose and include a decked area, patio with furniture and a small, netted pond.
- There is a garage with tumble dryer, fridge and chest freezer.
- Off street parking for 2-3 cars. The large double garage is suitable for storing bicycle.
- Central heating is included.
- Bed linen and towels provided, but please bring your own beach towels if you are planning a trip to the coast.
- Please do not smoke in Fenacre.
- Wifi is provided.
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Nomad Sea Kayaking Nomad Sea Kayaking Adventure
Get active with an adventure sea kayaking experience. See a different view of Suffolk’s waterside landscape and wildlife, on one of these truly memorable tr...
Emma Crowhurst - Private Chef Private chef to cook your dinner
For a truly relaxing holiday, why not treat yourself to a private chef to cook for you. Bespoke dining experiences courtesy of local chef Emma Crowhurst
Ufford Park Health & Spa Two for One Fire and Ice Spa Day at Ufford Park Spa
Treat yourself and a partner to the ultimate indulgent day of relaxation at The Thermal Suite, Ufford Park Spa, plus enjoy 25% discount on treatments.
Cretingham Golf Club Unlimited Golf Packages - Cretingham Golf Club
These fabulous value packages provides unlimited golf for either 3, 5 or 7 days during your holiday. Prices from £65.
- £65.00 - £130.00
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Open Top Touring Classic Sports Car Hire & Tour
Take in the sights of Suffolk in true style with a day’s self-drive tour in a open top classic sports car. Prices from £135 to £155.
Charlotte Atkinson Nordic Walking Experience with British Nordic Walking qualified instructor.
Learn the basics of Nordic Walking - an activity for everyone with multiple benefits for your health!
Southwold Golf Club Unlimited Golf Packages at Southwold Golf Club
Enjoy unlimited golf at this lovely seaside golf course with our exclusive packages from only £49 per person.
Valley Farm Vineyards Vineyard Tour and Tasting
Take a tour of this charming Suffolk vineyard, meet the owner and enjoy a bottle of their latest vintage and a picnic amongst the vines..