DescriptionSuffolk Cottage Holidays is delighted to announce that Oak Hill Granary, Fressingfield is once again available for letting. Oak Hill Granary is located in the centre of the pretty rural village of Fressingfield. To one side is the village stream, to the other a delightful 3 acre vineyard topped by an ancient oak tree (at least 500 years old). Oak Hill Granary has been completely redecorated and includes a number of lovely new features. Set in the centre of Fressingfield, the village boasts an excellent village store and two great pubs. Oak Hill Granary has won an historic building conservation design award and is set within its own vineyard!
EYE 9.5 miles (15.28 km), DISS 11 miles (17.7 km), BUNGAY 12 miles (19.31 km), HALESWORTH 10 miles (16km), SOUTHWOLD 22.4 miles (36km), NORWICH 23.5 miles (37.8km).
This wonderful light, airy and modern barn is a former granary within the grounds of Oak Hill Vineyard. Having won a Conservation Award for its sympathetic restoration, the accommodation has plenty of charm and character with flint walls and huge oak beams, yet it has all the comforts of modern living with luxury leather sofas and a bespoke kitchen with modern appliances.
This Suffolk Cottage Holidays Property is completely self-contained, with kitchen/dining room, bathroom and double bedroom on the ground floor and the galleried sitting room on the first floor. The outside table and chairs are in a lovely walled garden and guests are free to wander, sit or picnic in the 3 acres of grounds, including the Vineyard and wildflower meadows. Please note the stairs are not gated and there is a galleried sitting room - so not ideal for a toddler.
Fressingfield is one of Suffolk's most celebrated villages and in 2010 was crowned Mid-Suffolk Village of the Year for its picturesque setting and superb amenities. The Granary is just a few minutes walk from the Village pub, The Swan, which serves excellent pub food and local ales. A few minutes further brings you to the Fox & Goose Restaurant featured in the Michelin Guide and famous for turning away Johnny Depp when fully booked!
Oak Hill Granary is in the centre of the village, surrounded by picturesque oak-beamed cottages and close to the village church which dates to the 1300s. The church interior is well worth viewing, especially the pew ends.
The village shop sells an excellent selection of fresh produce from local farmers and excellent shops, cafes, pubs and galleries can also be found in the nearby market towns of Harleston and Bungay. Fressingfield is the ideal location from which to visit the Suffolk coast, countryside and The Broads.
There are so many activities throughout the year in this part of Suffolk, some of which can be researched on the Visit Suffolk Countryside website or indeed the Visit Suffolk Coast website. Locally, the parish council website has information on events such as garden festivals, carol concerts and the ever popular Fressingfield Music Festival.
- Sleeps 2
- 1 Bedroom
- 1 Bathroom
- 1 Well-behaved pet allowed
- WiFi available
- Friday changeover
- Open fire/woodburner
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Travel cot
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- No smoking
- Nearest shop 0.3 mile
- Nearest pub 0.1 mile
- 19.6 miles from the coast
- Ground floor bathroom
- Ground floor bedroom
- A large double glazed patio door opens into the hallway and the spacious kitchen with high-vaulted, beamed ceiling.
- The kitchen is hand-crafted and comprises an electric oven and hob, dishwasher, microwave, toaster, pine table and 4 chairs and highchair, iPod doc and radio. A separate fridge/freezer is housed in the larder in the kitchen.
- Along the corridor is the bathroom with mixer shower over bath, wash hand basin and WC. Separate storage cupboard housing washer/dryer.
- Double Bedroom with bedside table and lamps, full-length cheval mirror, built-in wardrobes with loads of hanging space and cupboard with extra shelf space containing hairdryer, iron and ironing board. A travel cot is also available.
- Leading from the hallway is a wooden staircase with handrail to the sitting room which occupies almost all of the first floor with a gallery (overlooking the kitchen below) along with an antique church pew.
- The sitting room includes two leather sofas, an armchair, coffee table, book shelves with selection of books, Radio, large flat screen TV and DVD with CD and BluRayplayer with wide selection of discs.
- This spacious room is extremely bright with windows on both sides overlooking the garden, outdoor eating area and courtyard.
- A selection of groceries and a complimentary bottle of Oak Hill Wine is provided on arrival. Oak Hill Wine is available to buy at wholesale prices and gift- packs are available as presents from your holiday.
- Travel cot and high chair
- Bedlinen and towels are included. Please bring own beach towels
- In consideration of other visitors, please do not smoke in the Granary
- Electric heaters throughout.
- A broadband / wi fi service is provided.
- There are two lovely pubs within a short walk of the cottage - The Swan and The Fox and Goose - both serve food and offer al fresco dining in the summer
- Off-street parking is available in front of the Granary for two cars..
- A sunny south-facing garden area is available directly in front of the Granary with a table, chairs and BBQ for exclusive use of Granary guests.
- Guests are also free to wander, sit or picnic in the 3 acres of grounds including the vineyard and wild flower meadows.
- Bikes can be hired locally for cycling in Suffolk's peaceful country lanes, and guests' own bikes can be stored in a secure barn close to the Granary..
- Fold-up chairs and wind-breaks are also available for visits to the beach - Southwold is just 40 minutes away.
- There are many beautiful walks in the vicinity or further afield - OS maps can be provided and the owners have recommendations for walks of any distance (with pubs en route)
- The Vineyard is named after an ancient oak tree- one of the oldest in the Country - under which is a seat and table to enjoy a glass of wine while watching the sun go down.
- At the top of the vineyard is a fenced-off area with a large duck pond and woodland habitat - home to rabbits, ducks, hedgehogs and other wildlife..
A lovely cottage with lots of special touches. Good walks in the countryside and on the beaches. Very friendly locals - both villagers and pub. We have had a busy yet relaxing break. Thank you. Mr and Mrs Tingey - 9th October 2017
We have had a thoroughly enjoyable stay at your cottage. Enjoyed walking Monty round the vineyard and surrounding areas. Thanks for your bottle of wine, it was much appreciated.Mr and Mrs Waine - 26th September 2017
Beautiful cottage and very well equipped. We've enjoyed our first visit to Suffolk and found lots of interesting places.Mr and Mrs Millward - 23rd September 2017
As travel writers, we've stayed at many self-catering properties in the last twenty years & this is without doubt one of the finest...Cath & Bob T from Plymouth - 12th March 2016
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Cretingham Golf Club Unlimited Golf Packages - Cretingham Golf Club
These fabulous value packages provides unlimited golf for either 3, 5 or 7 days during your holiday. Prices from £65.
- £65.00 - £130.00
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Spicers of Hythe Ltd 20% discount on Hampers of Distinction
A hamper of distinction from Spicers of Hythe adds a little luxury to any occasion. We offer 20% off a beautifully presented hamper of gourmet delights.
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Open Top Touring Classic Sports Car Hire & Tour
Take in the sights of Suffolk in true style with a day’s self-drive tour in a open top classic sports car. Prices from £135 to £155.
Dineindulge Dineindulge - private dining service
Enjoy private dining in the comfort of your holiday property. Dineindulge offer a personal chef service with restaurant quality cuisine from only £25 per perso...