- £461 per week
- £66 per night
- 3 Guests
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- 1 Pet
- Open fire or woodburner
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 double bed
- 1 single bed
- 1 bathroom
- Towels provided
- Family friendly
- Travel cot
- Ground floor bath/shower room
Important - Please note
- Check in: 4.00pm
- Check out: 10.00am
Charming cottage facing the village green and only 8 miles from the sandy beaches at Southwold. Friendly and comfortable with an open fire, the cottage is ideal for breaks year round and your Dog can stay for Free.
HALESWORTH 1.4 miles (2.2 km) SOUTHWOLD 8 miles (12.5 km) WALBERSWICK 7.7 miles (12.3 km) MINSMERE 10.7 miles (17.3 km)
The property: One Well Cottage was built in 1800, now lovingly restored to retain its original features, situated in the picture postcard village of Holton. Merely 7 miles from the coast at Southwold and surrounded by some of the prettiest countryside, One Well Cottage is a friendly and comfortable cottage and with a wood burning stove, one to enjoy all year round. Quietly situated in a row of traditional Suffolk cottages, this charming property overlooks the small village green.
The landmark and symbol of Holton is the fantailed post-mill that overlooks the village. Parts of the mill date from the 17th Century and a mill has been there since medieval times. There is a pleasant walk up the hill where you can view the mill at close quarters. St Peters, a Norman church, has a rare round tower, one of the tallest in Suffolk, and a double roof is reputed to have been used by smugglers who brought their booty up the River Blyth.
This property is ideal for A couple or a family of 3, who want to be by the Suffolk coast, but not amongst the high season crowds and your Dog can stay Free of Charge,
Winter breaks at One Well Cottage will be very snug, and having the pretty market town of Halesworth with its pedestrianised shopping thoroughfare just five minutes drive away, you will never be far from good local amenities.
Exploring: For theatre, music, art and film lovers a trip to The Cut is definitely recommended. An excellent venue for local art exhibitions, concerts, and film showings, The Cut relies heavily on the local community to keep it going.
Walkers and those interested in nature are ideally situated to explore the RSPB Minsmere nature reserve. Deer, Exmoor ponies, otters and over 100 resident bird species (not to mention the migratory visitors), are just some of the treasures waiting to be discovered at Minsmere. Alternatively, try one of our circular walks around Buss Creek and Town Marshes Southwold.
For more information on things to do and places to visit in the area, please see our websites Visit Suffolk Coast and Visit Southwold.
Grounds: One Well Cottage has a small, enclosed garden which offers guests a secluded space in which to relax. Garden furniture and a BBQ are provided for alfresco dining as well as a chimnea.
Parking: Can be found on the quiet village street.
Sleeps: Three in one double and one single bedroom
Minimum Hire: Three nights, except in high season when it is a week.
Self catering eating and drinking: Halesworth is home to a good butcher, fishmonger, and two good greengrocers. There is also a Co-op Rainbow Express, which is open until late, and other small convenience stores. The Holton Road garden centre is a short walk from One Well Cottage and comes complete with a good farm shop which stocks local meats, vegetables, cakes and lots more including a cafe serving traditional breakfast, lunches and cream teas. You will pass this on your right hand side as you travel from Halesworth into Holton.
A farmer's market is held at the Adnams Cellar and Kitchen, Cafe and Store courtyard every Friday, selling a mouth-watering selection of local produce, including freshly-caught fish and locally-reared meats. The colourful fruit and veg stalls will certainly lure you into not going home empty-handed. Try some Brampton Wild Boar, reared and fed on a natural diet with no additives or GM foods, and offered as steaks, roasting joints, ham, or a hot-smoked haunch that's glazed with the farm's own damson jam.
Eating and drinking out:There is a pub within twenty minutes easy walk away. Halesworth offers an excellent choice of pubs and restaurants including Cleones Italian Restaurant at The Angel, offering delicious homemade pizzas straight from the oven and generous portions of homemade pasta. All vegetables and meat are sourced locally. Booking necessary to avoid disappointment. The pub also serves a good traditional menu.
If you are a fan of Thai food you must try Singtong Neeyom in Halesworth. Run by a husband and wife team, this friendly restaurant comes highly recommended by locals. The food is to die for, and a takeaway service is also available.
Entertainment: Flat screen TV and DVD player and a selection of books and games.
Packing tips: Bring a pair of binoculars to make the most of Minsmere. Don't forget a good warm coat for brisk walks on Dunwich beach.
- Entrance hall with a lovely brick floor
- Living room with sofa, chairs, TV showing Freesat, dvd, stereo system and inglenook fireplace containing wood burning stove
- Kitchen, fully fitted with gas cooker, fridge-freezer, washing machine and microwave, door to patio and lawned garden
- Dining area with table and chairs
- Bathroom with bath and free standing shower, w.c. and wash hand basin
- Double bedroom with double bed, double aspect
- Single bedroom Large single bed (N.B. this bed is quite high off the ground and therefore not suitable for anyone with mobility problems)
- Gas central heating, linen and towels included
- Parking on the quiet street
- Guests are asked to consider other holidaymakers and not smoke in the cottage
- Nearest internet cafe and library offering internet connection: Halesworth (1 mile)
- For babies: Travel cot, high chair, changing mat, electric socket covers, cot side for single bed, permanent stair gate at top of stairs. If you require any of these items please advise us in your booking notes. If using the travel cot, please provide your own bedding for it.
- An unlimited wi-fi service is provided. Internet reception can be patchy in Suffolk and the connection provided should NOT be relied on for work use and is unsuitable for games or downloading of films.
- An iron and ironing board are also provided as well as a hairdryer and hoover.
- Is quite small but private and a lovely suntrap
- Garden furniture including table and 4 chairs, parasol, chiminea and bbq (please bring your own charcoal)
Beautiful cottage, very high standard of cleanliness, well equipped and comfortable.
Lovely stay in One well Cottage-beautifully clean and well equipped. Appreciated the welcoming touches-hot cross buns and Easter eggs! Wonderful!
Lovely cottage. Felt at home instantly. Will definately (sic) come back!
Thank you so much for our homely plus cosy stay. Great to have a fire and feel in your own world for a bit-away from the city. Try Dunwich heath and Southwold beach.
Lovey cottage in a beautiful area. having the baby stuff on hand so helpful.
We had a great time, it's a pity the pub in the village has closed.We would definitely come back again.
Thank you for a lovely stay. Sad to be going home. Lovely cottage, so cosy, lovely neighbours, so friendly. Wish we could stay longer,hopefully back next year.
A beautifully appointed cottage and a very relaxing stay
Thank you so much for a wonderful stay. Lovely little cottage.
Thank you so much for a wonderful stay. Lovely little cottage.
Lovely comfortable cottage, we hope to return
Lovely cottage - weather improved as week went on. Thanks for Biscuits!
Beach walks and just chillin in front of the fire in your lovely cottage, thank you