Reduced Occupancy Offer - This listing is for 10 people, using 5 bedrooms only. For full use, please see ref: SFBE14 where Becks Green Barn can be booked for 14 people.
An extensive and beautiful barn conversion in the heart of rural Suffolk. Set in attractive countryside surrounded by delightful farm and woodland walks and bridleways, this is an ideal setting in which to unwind.
BECCLES 4 miles (6 km), BUNGAY 4 miles (6 km), HALESWORTH 7.5 miles (12 km), SOUTHWOLD 14 miles (22.5 km)
Surrounded by beautiful Suffolk countryside, Becks Green Barn is truly spectacular, recently converted to a high standard. Spacious inside and out, creature comforts are the priority. On an arable farm, views from the barn look out over the paddocks, where horses and ponies graze. There is something for everyone here.
Walk the miles of farm and woodland paths or have a swim in the heated pool (available to holidaymakers by arrangement with the owners). Lead-rein pony riding and accompanied hacks for current Pony Club members with Pony Club D Test or above are available by arrangement with the owners. You can even bring your own horses and ponies by prior arrangement.
Overview: A large vaulted drawing/dining room with stunning picture windows enjoys views over the fields, with a large fire and a flat screen TV. Above is the attractive master suite, again with great countryside views. The majority of bedrooms are on the ground floor, where there is also some wheelchair access (making this property suitable for those with walking difficulties). As well as a bedroom to suit the frail or elderly there is a great children's room and en-suite accommodation well situated for a nanny or mother's help.
Highlights: A spectacular rural Suffolk setting. Beautifully converted barns with a vaulted ceiling in the drawing room and a large wood burning stove - magnificent. An all-weather hard tennis court, ponies and horses with accompanied rides.
A combination of beautiful antique furniture with contemporary fixtures and fittings. Lovely bathrooms.
Situation: A popular area for horse riding and cycling, with quiet country lanes and attractive bridleways. The ancient Broads towns of Beccles and Bungay are also close by, with some fine ancient buildings, fascinating shops, museums and opportunities for boating and lovely riverside walks.
Hidden away in a largely undiscovered area of countryside close to Southwold and Beccles, Ilketshall St Andrew (just a few minutes walk up the lane) is a tiny hamlet with little more than a village green, a large pond where local fishermen while away the hours, and some traditional Suffolk cottages.
Nearest pub: The Huntsmen and Hounds Pub, Spexhall (3.5 miles) and several great pubs in Beccles.
- Sleeps 10
- 5 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- No pets
- WiFi available
- Open fire/woodburner
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Travel cot
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- No smoking
- Nearest shop 21 miles
- Nearest pub 24.1 miles
- 24.2 miles from the coast
- Ground floor bathroom
- Ground floor bedroom
A picket fence surrounds the front of the property and leads up to the covered wooden veranda with bench seats either side; log and welly storage
- The large entrance hall has a table with drawers, chairs and area for coats and boots
- A door leads to a cloakroom with wash basin, w.c. and towel rail
- Beside the cloakroom is a shower room with wash basin and w.c.
- Bedroom 1: With double bed, bedside tables and lamps, chest of drawers and hanging space and easy chair (outside door allowing wheelchair access)
- Bedroom 2: A twin bedded room with bedside table and lamp, wardrobe with shelving and chaise longe
- To the other side of the hall is the sitting room.
- Sitting room with double height ceiling, and enormous bay window overlooking the farm and fields, window seat, sofas, coffee tables and chairs, flat screen TV and DVD; there is a large woodburning stove
- The dining area has a long refectory style oak table, bench seating and chairs to seat 10 people
- From the dining area a staircase leads to the first floor master suite
- The kitchen is fully fitted and well equipped with hob, electric oven, double sink, dishwasher, fridge, freezer, microwave and loads of cupboards.
- A door from the kitchen leads to a wide hallway with drinks/storage cupboard and double doors to the large veranda
- Bedroom 3: A large bedroom with double bed, bedside table and lamps, chest of drawers and hanging cupboard. Views over the veranda and the paddocks and fields beyond
- Bedroom 4: Double bed, bedside tables and lamps, chest of drawers, wardrobe and views over the veranda and the fields and paddocks beyond
- Bathroom 2: With bath and overhead shower, washbasin and w.c. , heated towel rail
- A wooden staircase leads up to the master bedroom suite
- Hall way with desk with comfy chair and view over the drawing room
- Master bedroom with double bed, bedside tables and lamps, wardrobe and chest of drawers
- Bathroom with bath, wash basin, w.c. and heated towel rail
- The covered seating area and garden with outside table and chairs is surrounded by a picket fence making this a great space for younger children to play, as well as for barbecues - using the large gas-fired Outback barbecue - and al fresco eating
- There is a large gravelled parking area with parking for around six cars
- Becks Green Barn is a barn conversion on a working farm. Well separated from the farm house, the barn has its own private drive, garden and parking area. Parents with youngsters are advised to keep children away from farm machinery and animals; however all farming activity, stables etc are fenced off and whilst horses and ponies can be seen in the nearby paddocks the area around the barn is gated giving younger children an area in which to play
- With views over the surrounding farmland there is access to farmland walks and bridleways and lots of opportunities for cycling
- There is an outdoor heated swimming pool which visitors may use on Thursday afternoons during the summer months (end of May to beginning of September) and an all year round hard surface tennis court
- Oil central heating throughout and large log fire in the drawing room
- Bed linen and towels are included. Please bring own swimming towels. If using the travel cot please provide your own bed linen for it.
- Washing machine and dryer located in family bathroom
- In the interest of other holidaymakers, visitors are requested not to smoke in the house
- Riding is available on the farm but please note accompanied hacks are only available to current Pony Club members with D+ test or above. Leading rein rides available, children to be accompanied by an adult
- Looking for a special dinner, a relaxing lunch, a vintage high tea or simply a series of wonderful home made meals delivered to your door. See the Catering Options available at your holiday home. Catering arrangements should be made directly with the caterers.
- A limited broadband / wi-fi service is provided. Internet reception can be patchy and the connection provided should NOT be relied on for work use and is unsuitable for games or downloading of films. Please bring connection cables as you may have to attach your laptop to the router. Excessive use of the internet will be charged at cost
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Emma Crowhurst - Private Chef Cookery Workshop and Entertainment
Have fun and learn some new skills with a cookery workshop from local chef Emma Crowhurst
Discover Newmarket Discover Newmarket Tours
Once the sporting playground of royalty, the historic home of horseracing celebrates a heritage dating back over 350 years. The area has loads to offer with Dis...
Nomad Sea Kayaking Nomad Sea Kayaking Adventure
Get active with an adventure sea kayaking experience. See a different view of Suffolk’s waterside landscape and wildlife, on one of these truly memorable tr...
Emma Crowhurst - Private Chef Private chef to cook your dinner
For a truly relaxing holiday, why not treat yourself to a private chef to cook for you. Bespoke dining experiences courtesy of local chef Emma Crowhurst
Prosecco O'Clock Private Prosecco Party
Whether it is to celebrate an anniversary, special birthday or just ‘because’, there’s always an excuse for a sparkling celebration with a Private Prosecc...
Ufford Park Health & Spa Two for One Fire and Ice Spa Day at Ufford Park Spa
Treat yourself and a partner to the ultimate indulgent day of relaxation at The Thermal Suite, Ufford Park Spa, plus enjoy 25% discount on treatments.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Spicers of Hythe Ltd 20% discount on Hampers of Distinction
A hamper of distinction from Spicers of Hythe adds a little luxury to any occasion. We offer 20% off a beautifully presented hamper of gourmet delights.
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.