- 10 Guests
- 5 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- No Pets
- Open fire or woodburner
- Tennis court
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 4 double beds
- 2 single beds
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- 3 bathrooms
- 1 WC
- Towels provided
- En-suite bathroom
- Travel cot
- Private parking
- Ground floor WC
- Ground floor bedroom
- Ground floor bath/shower room
Reduced Occupancy Offer - This listing is for 10 people, using 5 bedrooms only. For full use, please see ref: SFBE14 where Becks Green Barn can be booked for 14 people.
An extensive and beautiful barn conversion in the heart of rural Suffolk. Set in attractive countryside surrounded by delightful farm and woodland walks and bridleways, this is an ideal setting in which to unwind.
BECCLES 4 miles (6 km), BUNGAY 4 miles (6 km), HALESWORTH 7.5 miles (12 km), SOUTHWOLD 14 miles (22.5 km)
Surrounded by beautiful Suffolk countryside, Becks Green Barn is truly spectacular, recently converted to a high standard. Spacious inside and out, creature comforts are the priority. On an arable farm, views from the barn look out over the paddocks, where horses and ponies graze. There is something for everyone here.
Walk the miles of farm and woodland paths or have a swim in the heated pool (available to holidaymakers by arrangement with the owners). Lead-rein pony riding and accompanied hacks for current Pony Club members with Pony Club D Test or above are available by arrangement with the owners. You can even bring your own horses and ponies by prior arrangement.
Overview: A large vaulted drawing/dining room with stunning picture windows enjoys views over the fields, with a large fire and a flat screen TV. Above is the attractive master suite, again with great countryside views. The majority of bedrooms are on the ground floor, where there is also some wheelchair access (making this property suitable for those with walking difficulties). As well as a bedroom to suit the frail or elderly there is a great children's room and en-suite accommodation well situated for a nanny or mother's help.
Highlights: A spectacular rural Suffolk setting. Beautifully converted barns with a vaulted ceiling in the drawing room and a large wood burning stove - magnificent. An all-weather hard tennis court, ponies and horses with accompanied rides.
A combination of beautiful antique furniture with contemporary fixtures and fittings. Lovely bathrooms.
Situation: A popular area for horse riding and cycling, with quiet country lanes and attractive bridleways. The ancient Broads towns of Beccles and Bungay are also close by, with some fine ancient buildings, fascinating shops, museums and opportunities for boating and lovely riverside walks.
Hidden away in a largely undiscovered area of countryside close to Southwold and Beccles, Ilketshall St Andrew (just a few minutes walk up the lane) is a tiny hamlet with little more than a village green, a large pond where local fishermen while away the hours, and some traditional Suffolk cottages.
Nearest pub: The Huntsmen and Hounds Pub, Spexhall (3.5 miles) and several great pubs in Beccles.
A picket fence surrounds the front of the property and leads up to the covered wooden veranda with bench seats either side; log and welly storage
- The large entrance hall has a table with drawers, chairs and area for coats and boots
- A door leads to a cloakroom with wash basin, w.c. and towel rail
- Beside the cloakroom is a shower room with wash basin and w.c.
- Bedroom 1: With double bed, bedside tables and lamps, chest of drawers and hanging space and easy chair (outside door allowing wheelchair access)
- Bedroom 2: A twin bedded room with bedside table and lamp, wardrobe with shelving and chaise longe
- To the other side of the hall is the sitting room.
- Sitting room with double height ceiling, and enormous bay window overlooking the farm and fields, window seat, sofas, coffee tables and chairs, flat screen TV and DVD; there is a large woodburning stove
- The dining area has a long refectory style oak table, bench seating and chairs to seat 10 people
- From the dining area a staircase leads to the first floor master suite
- The kitchen is fully fitted and well equipped with hob, electric oven, double sink, dishwasher, fridge, freezer, microwave and loads of cupboards.
- A door from the kitchen leads to a wide hallway with drinks/storage cupboard and double doors to the large veranda
- Bedroom 3: A large bedroom with double bed, bedside table and lamps, chest of drawers and hanging cupboard. Views over the veranda and the paddocks and fields beyond
- Bedroom 4: Double bed, bedside tables and lamps, chest of drawers, wardrobe and views over the veranda and the fields and paddocks beyond
- Bathroom 2: With bath and overhead shower, washbasin and w.c. , heated towel rail
- A wooden staircase leads up to the master bedroom suite
- Hall way with desk with comfy chair and view over the drawing room
- Master bedroom with double bed, bedside tables and lamps, wardrobe and chest of drawers
- Bathroom with bath, wash basin, w.c. and heated towel rail
- The covered seating area and garden with outside table and chairs is surrounded by a picket fence making this a great space for younger children to play, as well as for barbecues - using the large gas-fired Outback barbecue - and al fresco eating
- There is a large gravelled parking area with parking for around six cars
- Becks Green Barn is a barn conversion on a working farm. Well separated from the farm house, the barn has its own private drive, garden and parking area. Parents with youngsters are advised to keep children away from farm machinery and animals; however all farming activity, stables etc are fenced off and whilst horses and ponies can be seen in the nearby paddocks the area around the barn is gated giving younger children an area in which to play
- With views over the surrounding farmland there is access to farmland walks and bridleways and lots of opportunities for cycling
- There is an outdoor heated swimming pool which visitors may use on Thursday afternoons during the summer months (end of May to beginning of September) and an all year round hard surface tennis court
- Oil central heating throughout and large log fire in the drawing room
- Bed linen and towels are included. Please bring own swimming towels. If using the travel cot please provide your own bed linen for it.
- Washing machine and dryer located in family bathroom
- In the interest of other holidaymakers, visitors are requested not to smoke in the house
- Riding is available on the farm but please note accompanied hacks are only available to current Pony Club members with D+ test or above. Leading rein rides available, children to be accompanied by an adult
- Looking for a special dinner, a relaxing lunch, a vintage high tea or simply a series of wonderful home made meals delivered to your door. See the Catering Options available at your holiday home. Catering arrangements should be made directly with the caterers.
- A limited broadband / wi-fi service is provided. Internet reception can be patchy and the connection provided should NOT be relied on for work use and is unsuitable for games or downloading of films. Please bring connection cables as you may have to attach your laptop to the router. Excessive use of the internet will be charged at cost