Looking for the ultimate family friendly getaway? You'll find everything you need and more at The Cottage, Scole. Completely refurbished throughout in 2017, this deceptively spacious property sits on the Suffolk/Norfolk border with plenty to entertain any self catering party. With off-street parking, an enclosed garden, and a train station within 2 miles - this should be your next cottage retreat!
About the property: So warm and welcoming as soon as you enter the door, the owners of The Cottage have gone over and above to make sure you won't have to pack the kitchen sink on holiday. With 3 large reception rooms the property is so perfect for family parties who may wish to 'spread out'. The entrance hall leads into the sitting room with exposed wooden beams and cosy wood burning stove - we could think of nowhere better to spend a cold winter's evening. Leading off from the sitting room is the light and airy garden room; complete with sitting area and garden access - it is warm year round, making it the perfect place for board game competitions or merely an afternoon nap in the sun. As if it couldn't get any better further still is the playroom / teenage den. With bean bags, sofa and armchair adults and children alike can retreat from here for rest and solitude. The large Smart TV has a DVD player so it's bound to keep them quiet! You can access Netflix with your own Netflix account details.
If you're a budding cook then the kitchen/diner will certainly not disappoint. This room is light and modern yet with a cottage feel. There is a large fridge/freezer for storing goods and a selection of cooking utensils to get you started. Open the back door and keep an eye on your four legged friends - or simply admire the charming garden as you cook up a culinary storm.
Sleeps: 6 in 2 doubles and 1 twin.
Parking: There is off-street parking for 2 cars in the driveway.
This property is ideal for: Families or couples looking to get away from the stresses of city life. There is so much to do within the surrounding area that you really will not be bored! The closest town is Diss, a mere 2.5 miles by car or a short walk on foot. Packed full of independent shops and eateries it really is worth a visit. One of its' most popular features is its' Mere and gardens - very picturesque. Diss also has the benefit of a train station, with connections to London arriving every 30 minutes. This also means that can easily explore the nearby city of Norwich within 20 minutes (a shoppers paradise!).
For children you are incredibly close to Banham Zoo and Bressingham Steam Museum and Gardens - both are equally worth a visit. The whole family will love getting out and about at nearby Thornham Walks which has paths suitable for pushchairs. Dogs on leads are welcome too.
The Cottage, Scole is easily situated within reach of five popular wedding venues including Yaxley Hall and Abbey Hall, making it the perfect solution for accommodating guests.
Self-catering eating and drinking: Most big name supermarkets will deliver to The Cottage, Scole but if you prefer to browse in person Diss has both a Morrisons and a Tesco store. There is also a small Co-Op store in nearby Eye, just 10 minutes by car.
A traditional market is held at Diss every Friday from 9.30 am, with the Diss Farmers Market also visiting on the second Saturday of every month - a great way to pick up locally sourced goods in addition to browsing the independent food shops within the market town itself. Eye, too, also holds a Country Market in the Town Hall on Wednesdays.
Eating and drinking out: The closest pub to The Cottage is the Crossways Inn, just a 2 minute drive up the road. Known for its' family friendly atmosphere it serves a variety of dishes which can be enjoyed in the main dining area or the beer garden.
Diss has a selection of eateries, including a vegetarian restaurant - Eye too has a couple of restaurants including three pubs.
For more information of what to do, where to go and where to eat, head to our sister site Visit North Suffolk.
- Sleeps 6
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 1 Well-behaved pet allowed
- WiFi available
- Open fire/woodburner
- Towels provided
- Travel cot
- Washing machine
- No smoking
- Enclosed garden
- Nearest shop 2.5 miles
- Nearest pub 2.5 miles
- 27.7 miles from the coast
- Ground floor bathroom
- The front door opens into the entrance hall with coat hooks and boot storage.
- Sitting room with sideboards and lamps, two sofas, coffee table, Smart TV showing Freeview, speaker with AUX point, wood-burning stove, floor lamp and telephone for emergency calls.
- Fully fitted, good sized kitchen/diner with plenty of cooking equipment, utensils and storage, electric oven and 4 ring hob, large fridge/freezer, microwave, 4-slice toaster, kettle, radio with AUX point, dresser, table with seating for 8. A stable door leads to the garden. You will also find an iron, mop and bucket and a selection of children's crockery in the kitchen.
- Shower room with corner shower unit with rain and power shower head, basin, w.c., heated towel rail and washing machine. You will also find an ironing board, clothes horse and child's step in the shower room.
- Large conservatory/garden room with open, decorative bookcase, 2 sofas, coffee table and nest of tables. A door leads out to the fenced outdoor patio dining area.
- Playroom/teenage den with 2 beanbags, sofa, armchair, bookcase with a selection of books for varying ages along with a pack of playing cards, and a large Smart TV with DVD and access to Netflix if you have your own Netflix acount. Stairs from the playroom lead to the first floor with fixed stair-gate at the top.
- The stairs lead to the large, long landing with wardrobe and chests.
- Master Bedroom with double bed, bedside drawer units and lamps, digital clock radio, dressing table with stool and mirror, wardrobe and free-standing drawer unit.
- Twin Bedroom with two full sized single beds, small bedside drawer unit with bedside lamp and clock radio, chest of drawers and clothes rail.
- Double Bedroom with double bed, bedside drawer units with bedside lamps and clock radio, free-standing drawer unit.
- Family Bathroom with roll-top, claw foot bath and hand held shower, basin, w.c. and heated towel rail.
- There is a gorgeous cottage garden with decorative well to the front, with a path leading to the drive.
- To the rear is a good sized garden with equal areas laid to lawn and patio. There is a bench to admire the plant-life, as well as a fenced al-fresco dining patio area with outdoor furniture. A shed provides the perfect place for bike storage.
- Off-street parking for 2 cars.
- Central heating is included.
- Bed linen and towels provided, but please bring your own beach towels if you are planning a trip to the coast.
- Please do not smoke in The Cottage.
- Wifi is provided.
- For parents with young children there is a stairgate at the top of the stairs, a travel cot, high chair, baby bath and children's crockery provided. There is also a washing machine, iron and ironing board.
- Wood is provided for the fire.
- There are hairdryers in each bedroom.
Quaint cottage, with excellent quality furnishings. Very high standard of accommodation. Comfortable beds, all rooms fully equipped. Local amenities for all our needs. Would return without a doubt.J Mason-Douglas - 21st August 2018
Very good - definitely one we would recommend to friends and family.Mrs Liz Bellwood - 7th August 2018
Home from home with an additional touch of luxury. Sun room was perfect compensation for a rainy day. Thank you very much most enjoyable!!Miss Sarah Liversage - 15th April 2018
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Discover Newmarket Discover Newmarket Tours
Once the sporting playground of royalty, the historic home of horseracing celebrates a heritage dating back over 350 years. The area has loads to offer with Dis...
Nomad Sea Kayaking Nomad Sea Kayaking Adventure
Get active with an adventure sea kayaking experience. See a different view of Suffolk’s waterside landscape and wildlife, on one of these truly memorable tr...
Emma Crowhurst - Private Chef Private chef to cook your dinner
For a truly relaxing holiday, why not treat yourself to a private chef to cook for you. Bespoke dining experiences courtesy of local chef Emma Crowhurst
Ufford Park Health & Spa Two for One Fire and Ice Spa Day at Ufford Park Spa
Treat yourself and a partner to the ultimate indulgent day of relaxation at The Thermal Suite, Ufford Park Spa, plus enjoy 25% discount on treatments.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Spicers of Hythe Ltd 20% discount on Hampers of Distinction
A hamper of distinction from Spicers of Hythe adds a little luxury to any occasion. We offer 20% off a beautifully presented hamper of gourmet delights.
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price