A pretty Suffolk self-catering cottage in a delightful, rural village close to Halesworth and the coast at Southwold.
HALESWORTH 1.9 miles (3km), SOUTHWOLD 10 miles (17km), MINSMERE 13.5miles (21.7km), WALBERSWICK 11.3miles (18.2km)
"Wissett seems to lull asleep all ambition. Don't you think they have discovered the secret of life?" So said Virginia Woolf after the Bloomsbury artists and aesthetes spent a few months of 1916 in this glorious little Suffolk village; it remains much as it was then. An ideal location for walking, cycling and exploring the magical coastline of north Suffolk, with Southwold, Walberswick, Dunwich Heath and RSPB Minsmere all close by. Close to the cottage is a pretty Saxon church of St Andrew's with one of East Anglia's earliest treasured round towers.
Self catering eating and drinking:
Nearby Halesworth has an excellent range of shops, including fishmongers, butcher and greengrocers. There is also a Rainbow Co-op Express, that stays open till late, with a customer car park.
Eating and drinking out:
Halesworth offers an excellent choice of pubs, restaurants and tearooms including: Cleones Italian Restaurant at The Angel Halesworth. Offering authentic Italian food, including delicious homemade pizzas straight from the oven and generous portions of homemade pasta. All vegetables and meat are sourced locally. Booking necessary to avoid disappointment. The pub also serves a good traditional menu.
If you are a fan of Thai food you must try Singtong Neeyom in Halesworth. Run by a husband and wife team, this friendly restaurant comes highly recommended by locals. The food is to die for and a takeaway service is also available. N.B.: Singtong Neeyom is closed on a Monday so do not get caught out.
For lots more information on places to visit the area, please go to our own online guide Visit Southwold.
- Sleeps 2
- 1 Bedroom
- 1 Bathroom
- 1 Well-behaved pet allowed
- No private parking
- WiFi available
- Saturday changeover
- Open fire/woodburner
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- No smoking
- Nearest shop 1 mile
- Nearest pub 0.01 mile
- 10 miles from the coast
- Living room with dining table and 2 chairs, beautiful old fireplace with ornate, coal burning, parlor stove, sofa and armchair, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD player and music centre, bookshelves with excellent range of books, a mirror and front windows over delightful cottage garden
- Brick floored and hand crafted kitchen with washing machine, dishwasher, electric cooker, microwave, butler sink, fridge with freezer compartment, radio coat hooks, back door and staircase to:
First Floor Landing
- Large double bedroom with king size bed and bedside tables, lamps, good sized cupboard, chest of drawers and more book-filled shelves, lovely views across fields, CD player and radio
- Bathroom with airing cupboard, bath with electric shower over, wash hand basin, w.c, mirror and heated towel rail
- Electric storage heating, lighting, linen and towels included
- Heating by storage heaters
- Off road parking at front of house
- Guests are asked to consider other holidaymakers and not smoke in the cottage
- 1 well behaved dog allowed
- Please note some rural pubs have closed down in recent months with little or no notice so please do check the status if this is a criterion for your choice of property
- A delightful sunny fenced garden, with garden furniture, to the front of the cottage spans the width of Wren Cottage and the neighbouring cottage, and is shared with them (though the neighbours are rarely there, and very pleasant when they are!)
- Parking for one small car on roadside pull-in at front of cottage; unrestricted parking in road
- Courtyard garden at back with fresh herbs to pick at your leisure
It's a very sweet cottage.Ms Antonia Merrill - 27th July 2016
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Cretingham Golf Club Unlimited Golf Packages - Cretingham Golf Club
These fabulous value packages provides unlimited golf for either 3, 5 or 7 days during your holiday. Prices from £65.
- £65.00 - £130.00
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Spicers of Hythe Ltd 20% discount on Hampers of Distinction
A hamper of distinction from Spicers of Hythe adds a little luxury to any occasion. We offer 20% off a beautifully presented hamper of gourmet delights.
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Open Top Touring Classic Sports Car Hire & Tour
Take in the sights of Suffolk in true style with a day’s self-drive tour in a open top classic sports car. Prices from £135 to £155.
Dineindulge Dineindulge - private dining service
Enjoy private dining in the comfort of your holiday property. Dineindulge offer a personal chef service with restaurant quality cuisine from only £25 per perso...