DescriptionThe Apple Store has been imaginatively transformed to create a delightful and characterful single-storey cosy cottage, overlooking Westleton's delightful village green. Featured in English Gardens magazine, the property is surrounded by beautiful, lush gardens - just stunning. A family-friendly property sleeping up to 4, all accommodation is located on the ground floor. The property also benefits from being just a short drive away from the sandy beaches at Southwold - a convenient location for day trips and exploring.
SOUTHWOLD 9 miles (14.5 km), ALDEBURGH 8.5 miles (14 km), DUNWICH 2 miles (4 km), ORFORD 18 miles (29 km), WOODBRIDGE 20 miles (33 km)
About the Property: This quirky property is set in a traditional Suffolk village, perfect for families wanting to be within short distance of the coast. The real benefit of The Apple Store of course is that all accommodation is on the ground floor, perfect for those who may find stairs difficult. The comfortable bedrooms sleep 4 in 1 double and 1 twin. Carefully furnished, there is everything you could possibly need here, ideal for a relaxing getaway. The excitement continues into the garden, a real joy. Landscaped perfectly, the stunning layout has featured in the English Gardens magazine - you may even spot the odd sculpture or two.
This property is ideal for: Anyone who enjoys walking, bird watching, cycling or simply exploring Suffolk's fine beaches. Surrounded by ancient heath land in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Westleton has something for everyone. Well known for its Barrel Fayre and open-air screening of a classic film on the green, it is just a couple of miles from the world famous RSPB Minsmere as well as Dunwich's heath, beach and "lost" city.
Southwold, Aldeburgh and Snape (home of the Aldeburgh Festival) are about eight miles away. Walberswick, renowned for its National Crabbing Event with its long sandy beach, is just 10 minutes by car.
Westleton is typical of the best of Suffolk villages; it lists large a village green with duck pond, beautiful mature trees, picture postcard cottages and a fine old coaching inn amongst its features. The thatched church, built in 1340, is well worth a visit. The village also boasts an excellent local shop and post office and a fascinating second hand bookshop. There is a large outdoor playground for children of all ages within walking distance of the cottage.
With Darsham and its railway station (London in two hours) within a couple of miles and loads of country lanes and byways to explore, The Apple Store makes for a superb base.
Self Catering: Most well known supermarkets will deliver to Apple Store, but for quality local food do head to local Peasenhall and of course Southwold for a vast range of independent food shops.
Eating and Drinking out: The Anchor, a local pub, serves fine seasonal food and great wine. Just a short walk from the house is The Crown and across the road, The White Horse - both lovely Adnams Pubs selling top quality pub food. Westleton also boasts an excellent restaurant and a rather nice tea shop. The village shop is 'TARDIS' like and certainly sells everything you could want for your holiday.
Dunwich has another excellent pub - The Ship Inn - and a great fish and chip shop. Southwold, Halesworth, Yoxford and Aldeburgh all have lovely pubs and excellent restaurants. Fresh fish can be purchased from the fishermen's huts at Aldeburgh, Dunwich and Southwold. There are two supermarkets in nearby Saxmundham - Waitrose and Tesco - and a Co-op in Leiston.
For more information on the area please look at our own online guide Visit Southwold.
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- No pets
- WiFi available
- Friday changeover
- Open fire/woodburner
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Travel cot
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- No smoking
- Nearest shop 6.2 miles
- Nearest pub 0.1 mile
- 9 miles from the coast
- Ground floor bathroom
- Ground floor bedroom
All accommodation is on the ground floor
- Double french doors open from the garden into the sitting room with sofa, chairs, occasional tables, lights, writing desk and flat screen TV with FreeSat and DVD and radio CD player and iPod dock
- There is a dining table and four chairs and a second writing desk to the left of the french doors
- Two steps take one into the kitchen, newly fitted with large fridge / freezer, electric oven and hob, washing machine / tumble dryer, dishwasher, microwave, toaster and electric kettle
- A further two steps from the kitchen take you to a hall off which is a twin bedded room (the twin beds can be made into a double by prior arrangement), bedside table and lamp, hanging cupboard and chest of drawers
- The walk in shower room has shower, wash hand basin and w.c.
- The double bedroom is located to the right of the sitting room and has double bed, bedside table, chest of drawers and wardrobe
- Beside the bedroom is a bathroom with bath, overhead shower, wash basin and w.c.
- Between 1st December and 28th February the art deco drawing room is available, with sofas and chairs, occasional tables, lamps and open fire
- From the village green a wooden gate opens into a large walled garden which has been designed to provide a very private sunny patio enclosed with scented planting and a lawn. The main path dividing with one branch leading to the owner's house, the other to the Apple Store
- Garden table, chairs and charcoal barbecue
- Full central heating
- Bed linen, towels, heating etc included in the price. If using the travel cot, please provide your own bedding for it
- In the interests of holidaymakers, visitors are asked not to smoke in the cottage
- There is ample parking in the lane to the front of the cottage and space for one vehicle at the rear of the cottage
- An unlimited wifi connection is provided
- The Westleton Crown - tel. 01728 648777. Please note some rural pubs have closed down in recent months with little or no notice - so please do check the status if this is a criterion for your choice of property
- This property has Sammy's Seal of Approval for being a family friendly property. On your arrival you will find a Sammy toy for the children to take on adventures and a story book, Sammy the Suffolk Seal - the perfect introduction to the wonders of this region and places to visit
- Other equipment provided includes: iron and ironing board, hairdryer and a hoover
The property was an absolute gem to find. Having the Village Green on its doorstep was an added bonus as the kids could spill out onto it to play football etc.Mr M Magyar - 14th August 2017
Wonderful relaxing place to holiday, beaches super, I come here every year.Mrs Ann McKillop - 2nd August 2017
The property was clean, warm and comfortable and the owners delightfully hospitable and friendly.Jane B, Norfolk - 11th August 2016
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Spicers of Hythe Ltd 20% discount on Hampers of Distinction
A hamper of distinction from Spicers of Hythe adds a little luxury to any occasion. We offer 20% off a beautifully presented hamper of gourmet delights.
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Dineindulge Dineindulge - private dining service
Enjoy private dining in the comfort of your holiday property. Dineindulge offer a personal chef service with restaurant quality cuisine from only £25 per perso...
ACT Studios Family & Friends Photography
Make your special holidays last beautifully forever with a fun one hour professional photography session at the location you choose. We meet you there.
Sponge Sponge Cakes
Want to celebrate during your holiday? 15% discount on award winning handmade sponge cakes delivered to your holiday cottage.