Down a quiet country lane, this lovely holiday cottage was once the stables for the Suffolk farmhouse next door. Beautifully converted, the Old Stables have now been transformed to create wonderful self-catering accommodation for anyone who loves the coast and countryside of Suffolk.
The Old Stables, Pettistree, Near Woodbridge:
The Property: A beautiful farm setting surrounded by lovely Suffolk countryside, the Old Stables has been thoughtfully converted without compromising the proportions of the original building. Light floods in through the Velux windows set into the vaulted ceiling and the floor to ceiling glazed doors. The Old Stables will suit two couples as well as a family of four. All accommodation is on the ground floor.
Grounds: French doors from the dining area lead to the very private patio area with table and chairs and parasol. Set amidst 1800 acres of farmland, there is easy access to a number of lovely circular paths and bridleways, ideal for birdwatchers and walkers alike.
Setting: Surrounded by 1800 acres of farmland criss-crossed with lovely country paths, just a short walk from the delightful traditional Suffolk village of Pettistree - excellent pub and attractive old church. Read more about the walks here.
Sleeps: 4 in 1 king and 1 twin beds.
Ideal for: Outdoor-loving couples who enjoy country walks and bird watching. One of the enjoyable features of Pettistree is its wonderful network of footpaths, and circular walks. The village church, St. Peter and St. Paul is a delight and with the Public House next door creates the typical English village scene. In spring and early summer Yellow Hammers and Whitethroats are often your companion in the hedgerows with Blackcaps and Willow Warblers singing in copses and plantations. As early summer progresses Swifts, Swallows, and House Martins circle the clear broad East Anglian sky. Wickham Market is just a short walk away, where there are shops, restaurants and post office. The ancient market town of Woodbridge which overlooks the Deben river and Sutton Hoo is just a short drive away, as are the coastal towns of Orford and Aldeburgh.
Eating and Drinking out: Pettistree has a lovely pub The Greyhound- with an excellent menu, great wines and beers and fantastic atmosphere. Just down the road is the Ufford Crown - not open Tuesdays - which is well worth going to for a fine meal. Or for a friendly pub evening do try the White Lionin the charming village of Lower Ufford.
Self catering: Just a mile or so down the road is Wickham Market - supermarket, prize winning butchers, chemist, post office and several good restaurants and tea shop. Local fresh fish can be bought from the fishermen on the beach at Aldeburgh and Orford (where there are two great smoke houses as well).
Children: The Old Stables is close to the farm but much of the surrounding land is used for breeding game birds so there is not a lot of farm machinery etc. around. A wonderful area for walking and cycling and close to the coast, this property would certainly suit youngsters as well as adults.
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- Sorry, no pets
- WiFi available
- Friday changeover
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Washing machine
- No smoking
- Enclosed garden
- Nearest shop 1.6 miles
- Nearest pub 1.6 miles
- 5.7 miles from the coast
- Ground floor bathroom
- Ground floor bedroom
All accommodation is on the Ground Floor
- Entrance door to living room with sitting room to the left with two sofas, coffee tables, flat screen TV , DVD, Sky box and broadband connection. There is a small library of DVDs and books. The dining area leads through french doors to the patio area. The dining table seats six people
- The kitchen is well equipped with ceramic hob, large oven, fridge (with small freezer compartment), microwave, toaster, kettle and dishwasher and a good supply of saucepans and casseroles and plenty of cupboard space.
- Bedroom 1 has a twin beds with bedside tables and lamps, wardrobe and chest of drawers, bedroom chair
- Bedroom 2 has a king size bed with bedside tables and lamps, chest of drawers, and walls hooks and hangers
- There is a large bathroom with roll top bath, double size walk in shower, wash basin and w.c., large heated towel rail and free standing bathroom unit
- There is a large walk in cupboard with washing machine, drying rack, ironing board etc
- To the front of the cottage is a large area of shingle drive with adequate parking for several cars
- To the rear of the cottage is a good sized paved patio with table, chairs and parasol. It is fully fenced and very private
- Broadband for your laptop
- Centrally heated with underfloor heating in the living room.
- Bed linen and towels are provided. Please bring your own beach towels
- In consideration of other visitors, please do not smoke in the property
- There is plenty of space for bikes etc if you would like to bring them with you
- A limited broadband / wi fi service is provided. Internet reception can be patchy and the connection provided should NOT be relied on for work use and is unsuitable for games or downloading of films. Please bring connection cables as you may have to attach your laptop to the router. Excessive use of the internet will be charged at cost.
- The Greyhound Inn - tel. 01728 746451. Please note some rural pubs have closed down in recent months with little or no notice - so please do check the status if this is a criteria for your choice of property
|Date Range||7 night price *|
|21 Jul 17 - 1 Sep 17||£711|
|1 Sep 17 - 29 Sep 17||£603|
|29 Sep 17 - 20 Oct 17||£525|
|20 Oct 17 - 27 Oct 17||£603|
|27 Oct 17 - 22 Dec 17||£471|
|22 Dec 17 - 6 Jan 18||£711|
|22 Dec 17 - 6 Jan 18||£711|
|6 Jan 18 - 9 Feb 18||£485|
|9 Feb 18 - 23 Feb 18||£540|
|23 Feb 18 - 23 Mar 18||£485|
|23 Mar 18 - 13 Apr 18||£620|
|13 Apr 18 - 25 May 18||£540|
|25 May 18 - 1 Jun 18||£730|
|1 Jun 18 - 15 Jun 18||£620|
|15 Jun 18 - 22 Jun 18||£690|
|22 Jun 18 - 13 Jul 18||£620|
|13 Jul 18 - 20 Jul 18||£690|
|20 Jul 18 - 7 Sep 18||£730|
|7 Sep 18 - 14 Sep 18||£690|
|14 Sep 18 - 21 Sep 18||£620|
|21 Sep 18 - 19 Oct 18||£540|
|19 Oct 18 - 2 Nov 18||£620|
|2 Nov 18 - 21 Dec 18||£485|
|21 Dec 18 - 6 Jan 19||£730|
* Please note: The prices displayed are guide prices and do not include optional items such as pet charges.