The living accommodation seats 10 adults comfortably, Quill Farm has sleeping accommodation for up to 13.
If you would like to bring a dog please contact us prior to booking.
Located down a private road off a quiet country lane, Quill Farm Barn is an old detached two storey barn with wonderful views across lawned gardens to a large lake, beyond which is the Deben River. The property boasts over an acre of land, as well as a full sized tennis court - perfect for a group of friends or extended family.
WICKHAM MARKET (2 miles), SNAPE (5 miles), ORFORD (7 miles), ALDEBURGH (10 miles), WOODBRIDGE (7miles), FRAMLINGHAM (7 miles)
About this Suffolk barn: A super conversion of a large and imposing Suffolk barn. This new barn conversion has been designed to make full use of its wonderful space and height to create a delightful open plan living area, oozing comfort, warmth and homeliness. The majority of the windows look west over the large lawned garden (around 1 acre) and over the lake to woodland in the distance. Well separated from the owner's farmhouse, the barn has been converted into a holiday home for up to 13 people (10 adults, 3 children). Great care was taken to retain the double storey area which has been transformed into a warm and very comfortable raised living area with feature sloping stone floor (with wheelchair access) leading to the kitchen and living room. Sleeping accommodation is spread over three areas with three bedrooms, a bathroom and cloakroom on the ground floor, a further three bedrooms, a bathroom and cloakroom on the mezzanine floor and a master suite on the first floor, making the barn perfect for a group of friends or extended family.
The double height barn doors to the front and back have been replaced by glass doors giving maximum light for the living area throughout the day as well as ensuring that no one will miss out on the fantastic views and lovely Suffolk sunsets. The entrance is at ground level where there is an open stone floored hall area which leads to the west side of the building. From here the floor slopes gently upwards creating an unusual and very attractive walkway to the open plan kitchen and living area. The kitchen is well equipped and great to cook in, but within viewing and chatting distance of the living area - the designated cook need not miss out on the conviviality of the party.
In addition to the master suite (accessed by its own staircase), there are ground floor bedrooms (with wheel chair access), state of the art bathrooms and a further three bedrooms and bathrooms on the mezzanine floor, where there is also a sunny galleried seating area.
The Grounds: Doors open on to a large raised terrace where there is space for both a hot tub and outdoor table and chairs (a hot tub can be hired for your stay). Step down from the terrace to a sheltered patio, with comfortable deck chairs provided for sunbathers. To the side of the patio is an attractive outhouse where outside chairs and bikes can be stored. There is a second fridge freezer for groups who want to self cater throughout their stay.
To the far west of the barn is a large roofed area, again with table and chairs and a door leading to an outside cloakroom and spacious utility room. There is a full sized tennis court for sole use of guests.
Quill Farm Barn has its own private entrance and the garden is fully fenced (the lake being the other side) for the safety of children. There is a public path running along the boundary of the grounds which eventually leads to a second lake abutting the River Deben.
This Suffolk property is ideal for: A large family gathering or group of friends wanting a relaxing holiday in the heart of rural Suffolk. The very private large garden, tennis court and hot tub (booked separately) are extremely attractive and will appeal to youngsters and adults alike. Under a mile from the nearest railway station, Quill Farm Barn is the perfect setting for a family or friends get together and with Snape Maltings Concert Hall, the fascinating ancient market town of Woodbridge and the coast at Aldeburgh all within a 20 minute drive, there will be plenty for everyone to enjoy what ever time of the year you plan to visit.
Walking, cycling, golf, horse riding, music, art and great places to picnic are all on your door step.
Parking: There is parking for at least 6 to 7 cars in the private drive.
Eating and Drinking: Right on your doorstep is The Dog and Duck in Campsea Ashe, with a menu highly influenced by the coast and countryside of Suffolk. For more good pub food, pop down to The Ship at Blaxhall or the Plough and Sail at Snape Maltings.
Self Catering: The Snape Maltings complex which has a food hall and a regular farmers market is only 10 minutes by car and is well worth a visit for the craft and art shops, tea rooms and lovely walks along the River Alde. Wickham Market is a 5 minute drive away with a Co-op superstore and the famous family butcher, Revetts & Son serving their award winning sausages.
The market town of Woodbridge is also just a 15 minute drive away and has a Co-op supermarket, open from 7am until 10pm daily. For locally produced goods there are independent grocers, a butcher and a fishmonger, and once a month there is the Woodbridge farmers' market. Alternatively, all major supermarkets offer home delivery to this address.
For more information on the area please look at our online guide, Visit Snape.
- Sleeps 13
- 7 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- 1 Well-behaved pet allowed
- WiFi available
- Friday changeover
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Travel cot
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- No smoking
- Nearest shop 0.6 mile
- Nearest pub 0.6 mile
- 7.2 miles from the coast
- Ground floor bathroom
- Ground floor bedroom
- The entrance to Quill Farm Barn is via double height glass doors which open on to a ground floor hall area, which in turn leads to the back of the property where there are further double height glass doors leading to the raised terrace and garden. A stunning feature of the barn is the gently sloping floor (wide enough for wheelchairs) which takes you left past the raised living area to the kitchen. The raised living space is surrounded by a wrought iron balustrade
- The living area includes sofas, four easy chairs, coffee tables and a games table which doubles nicely as an occasional dining table if a large party of guests are eating together. There is a 50 inch wall-mounted TV showing Freeview (which can be watched from the sitting room or the galleried seating area), an iPod dock, a selection of children's games and a collection of books both for children and adults
- Directly behind the living area is the large dining table with permanent seating for 10
- The newly fitted kitchen includes an electric hob and oven, microwave, kettle, Nespresso Coffee Machine, (capsules can be ordered from here), toaster, fridge and separate freezer as well as a dishwasher. There is plenty of space for storage and food preparation
- A corridor leads from the hall to the ground floor bedrooms and bathrooms
- Cloakroom with w.c., basin and mirror, heated towel rail
- A double bedroom with storage drawers below, bedside drawer unit with lamp and to the other side bedside table and lamp. This bedroom has views across the garden to the tennis court
- Large bathroom with wheelchair access, large walk in shower, washbasin, w.c., mirror and bath, heated towel rail
- A double bedroom. Again the bed has storage drawers below, with a bedside table and chest of drawers, hanging unit and views over the garden to the lake
- Single bedroom, again the bed has storage drawers below, with a bedside drawer unit with lamp and hanging unit. Once again lovely views of the garden and lake
- The whole of the ground floor is wheelchair accessible
- 8 steps to the left of the living area lead to a galleried seating area with easy chairs and table. A corridor leads to bedrooms and bathroom
- Family bathroom, with large walk-in shower, washbasin, mirror, w.c. and heated towel rail
- Twin bedroom with two full sized single beds with under bed storage drawers, a chest of drawers, mirror and open wardrobe
- A double bedroom, again the bed has storage drawers below, with bedside drawer unit with lamp and to the other side bedside table and lamp. There are views of the lovely garden and lake from the windows
- Second twin bedroom with two full sized single beds with under bed storage drawers, a chest of drawers, mirror and open wardrobe
- There is a second toilet with washbasin, mirror, w.c. and heated towel rail.
- Stairs from the right of the living area lead to the Master Bedroom complete with queen sized bed, built in cupboard with hanging space, bedside tables and lamps. Wonderful views over the garden
- The master bedroom has an en-suite bathroom with bath and hand-held shower attachment, w.c., washbasin and heated towel rail
- Reached via a path from the back door is a storage outhouse with second fridge, freezer, sunbeds. There is space in here for bikes, outside toys, buggies etc
- Adjoining the main house is a utility room with washing machine, tumble dryer and sink and separate cloakroom with washbasin, w.c., towel rail and electric heater.
- Hot tub hire available - please see booking form
- New instant heat electric heating throughout
- Bed linen and towels provided. Please bring your towels for the hot tub and the beach. If using the travel cot, please provide your own bedding for it.
- A hard tennis court - please bring your own rackets, balls and appropriate footwear if playing tennis
- A gas barbecue, tables and outside seating
- An unlimited WiFi connection is provided
- Also provided is a stair gate, iron and ironing board and hoover
|Band||Date Range||7 night price *|
|A||21st April 2017 - 4th May 2017||£1,764.00|
|B||5th May 2017 - 25th May 2017||£1,908.00|
|C||26th May 2017 - 1st June 2017||£2,457.00|
|B||2nd June 2017 - 6th July 2017||£1,908.00|
|C||7th July 2017 - 31st August 2017||£2,457.00|
|B||1st September 2017 - 28th September 2017||£1,908.00|
|A||29th September 2017 - 19th October 2017||£1,764.00|
|B||20th October 2017 - 26th October 2017||£1,908.00|
|A||27th October 2017 - 21st December 2017||£1,764.00|
|D||22nd December 2017 - 24th December 2017||£2,703.00|
* Please note: guide prices are based on the current year's prices and do not include optional items such as pet fees.
The barn exceeded my expectations. It's a beautiful setting and the barn is furnished to a high standard. 10 out of 10. I hope we can return.Laura B, London - 21st August 2016
House was exactly as described (well actually the pictures didn't even do it justice!) It was all really great; the equipment was very extensive, the living area was nice and open. It was a nice touch to have Christmas decorations around the house as well. Thanks!Jess R, London - 2nd January 2016
We have had 6 holiday weekends in Suffolk and this was, without doubt, the best accommodation we have ever experienced during these years.Margaret P, Norfolk - 23rd September 2015
The layout of the property is excellent. Bathrooms are plentiful and beautifully appointed. All spaces are generous. Immaculately clean. The tennis court was a great hit and the grounds were generous. A super weekend.Marion A, Hertfordshire - 17th May 2015
We thoroughly enjoyed our time away for my friends 30th birthday surprise. The entire group had a lovely time, even though the location is rural, there are a lot of places to go & explore. The Sammy Seal toy & book was a great addition; the kids loved it!. The barn is beautiful & very spacious. We would most certainly consider staying again.Laura A, Norfolk - 19th April 2015