DescriptionA collection of barns, beautifully converted to create an extraordinarily spacious and light family living area, playroom and gym, three generous bedrooms all with en-suite bathrooms and with over two acres of private lawns.
WOODBRIDGE 7 miles, FRAMLINGHAM 9 miles, SNAPE 16 miles, ORFORD 19 miles, ALDEBURGH 20 miles, LAVENHAM 24 miles, BURY ST EDMUNDS 28 miles
Location: The quiet village of Otley sits 8 miles west of the market town of Woodbridge and is surrounded by open countryside, mostly agricultural. The village Church, St Mary's, dates from the 13th century and boasts a rare total immersion font. An award winning village store and post office is the hub of Otley with lots of local information on events in the village and surrounding area.
About the property: Vine Barn is most deceptive. Concealed from the lane by an established laurel hedge, the traditional feather-board black barn is actually a collection of buildings seamlessly linked by wide hallways and stairs to give a wonderfully spacious, contemporary holiday home with three luxurious bedroom suites. Vine Barn sits in extensive grounds and the owners live in the adjacent cottage. They are sometimes seen attending the garden but guests do have full use of the grounds.
The ground floor comprises; a twin bedroom with dressing room and full bathroom; a majestic super king bedroom with sitting room, separate dressing room or baby suite and a full bathroom; an open plan sitting room and kitchen with floor to ceiling glass doors along two walls giving access to the patio, acres of lawn and beautiful pastoral view. The kitchen overlooks the sitting room, being raised by a few steps, and is fully fitted with stylish white units, an island dining bar and cooking station, two double ovens and a utility annex.
The first floor is entirely occupied by the third bedroom suite with a super king size bed, leather sofa and 42" flat screen TV, full bathroom and access to the private roof top terrace with stunning views over the lawns to the valley beyond. Parents and grandparents can relax as Vine Barn is extremely child friendly with a large playroom, a hoard of toys and games, and space too for some serious gym equipment.
Sleeps: Sleeps 6 in one twin bedroom with en-suite bathroom, two super king size bedrooms both with full en-suite shower and bathrooms.
Parking: Up to three cars on private driveway.
This property is ideal for: Great for a family holiday with plenty to entertain all generations without even leaving the grounds. Multi-gym, snooker bar, mini cinema size TV plus acres of enclosed lawn for the children to play. However, it would be a shame not to explore the area as the A12 and A14 pass equidistant to the east and west making Vine Barn ideal for discovering Suffolk's Heritage Coast to the east or the wool towns of Long Melford, Lavenham and Bury St Edmunds in the west. A must trip if you are staying at the right time, is Otley Hall, reputedly the oldest house in Suffolk to have survived intact.
Orford, Woodbridge and Felixstowe are within 30 minutes' drive. Children will enjoy crabbing off the quay at Orford, playing in the grounds of the castle keep or a river trip. There are some fine places for lunch too, especially if you are a fan of fresh seafood and the award winning Pump Street Bakery and cafe also serves the most amazing pastries.
Woodbridge is also great for all the family with a leisure pool, traditional cinema and a great outdoor playground at Kingston Playing field. The Thoroughfare is lined with coffee shops, some chic independent boutiques and galleries and there is plenty of parking space at the quayside railway station.
Framlingham Castle and Easton Farm Park are both a short drive and it's worth checking the website for seasonal events and family activities. The quiet lanes and footpaths are perfect for cycling and walking which is the best way to enjoy this beautiful rural region.
Entertainment: There is a separate Humax FreeSat box with each TV giving each room independence and the TV in the sitting room has a DVD player and HDMI port.
Eating and drinking out: The White Hart, Otley is a family-run pub serving classic homemade dishes in a friendly atmosphere with live music, pub quiz and poker, depending on which evening you visit. The Moon and Mushroom in neighbouring Swilland is extremely popular with an interesting menu which changes regularly but is consistently great. A gastro pub worth visiting is the Grundisburgh Dog, just four miles from the cottage. Nice food and good local beers.
A little further afield is Woodbridge with numerous eating venues from formal dining at The Riverside or Crown Hotel to family favourite Prezzo and trendy dining at the East Coast Diner.
Self Catering: There are several good farm shops a short drive away, the closest and one of the best being Grange Farm Shop, Hasketon. The Otley village store and post office stocks all the essentials including a selection of wines and is a short, pleasant walk away. Woodbridge and Wickham Market are the closest towns for shopping; Woodbridge offers a good selection of independent bakeries, butcher and fishmonger alongside the Co-op food store and Budgens supermarket. All of the major supermarkets will deliver an online order to this area, the closest being Tesco at Martlesham Heath. Click here for local Food Suppliers close to Woodbridge and Framlingham.
For lots of information on the area please look at our own online guides - Visit Woodbridge and Visit Framlingham
- Sleeps 6
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- 1 Well-behaved pet allowed
- WiFi available
- Friday changeover
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- No smoking
- Nearest shop 0.1 mile
- Nearest pub 0.1 mile
- 6.7 miles from the coast
- Ground floor bathroom
- Ground floor bedroom
- The covered porch leads into a lobby area with room to remove wellies and coats before stepping down into the entrance hall.
- Off the hallway is a twin bedroom with an oriental theme, matching 3' single beds, integral wardrobes and a separate dressing room with traditional table and mirror. The en-suite bathroom has classic black and white tiles, white washbasin, bath with glass screen and overhead shower and a heated towel rail.
- The double bedroom suite has a superking sized bed with bedside units and wall mounted lights. There is a dressing table/writing desk, chair and beautiful carved wooden storage unit. Flat screen TV with Freesat and views from the east-facing French windows across the lawns. Step up to the spacious dressing room which has a full size cot, baby changing facilities and leads to the en-suite bathroom. A full sized bath, twin washbasins, w.c. and enclosed shower room with glass pivot door and supersized panhead power shower all styled in a warm brown travertine.
- The hallway leads through to the open plan sitting room, dining area and kitchen, on split levels. The sitting area has two large black leather sofas, a gas log effect fire in the style of a wood burning stove and white coffee table. A 50" flat screen TV with Freesat, DVD player and HDMI port, positioned on a low wall, partitions the kitchen.
- Two steps lead up to the modern well equipped kitchen with large island breakfast bar incorporating a Bosch ceramic induction hob. There are two Neff built-in double ovens, under counter fridge, dishwasher, Tassimo pod coffee machine, family size toaster and Sony music system. The utility annex, off the kitchen, has a larder style fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer and microwave oven.
- The gym and playroom are accessed from the sitting area and also have east-facing French windows to the lawn. A multi-gym, Leebox treadmill, punchbag and exercise ball are all available for guests to use. A selection of toys and games for younger children is provided. Please be aware that children under 12 years should not use the gym equipment unless supervised by an adult.
- Stairs, from the hall, lead to the master bedroom suite, with a superking sized bed, bedside storage, drawer unit and built in wardrobe. A cream leather sofa and 42" flat screen TV with DVD and Freesat. Private access to the east-facing roof top terrace.
- The extensive fenced grounds include a covered veranda and patio, overlooking the lawns, with outdoor furniture, Outback 4 burner gas barbecue. Two acres laid to lawn. For the children there is a small goal posts set, and a Pitch and Putt 2 holes with golf clubs for the adults amusement.
- A detached barn has been converted into a snooker room
- 4 loungers and cushions, 2 chairs, 1 large garden table and parasol, 1 bench.
- Central heating is provided
- Parking for up to three cars on private drive
- Linen and towels provided - Please bring your own beach/sports towels. There are two hair dryers available.
- Full size cot with bed linen and a highchair are provided. A second travel cot can be provided on request but please bring bedding for the travel cot. Other equipment provided includes: an iron and ironing board, stairgate, hairdryer and hoover.
- Hi Speed Broadband Infinity has recently been installed so good connection to the net.
- In consideration of other holidaymakers please do not smoke in the house
- * One well-behaved dog is welcome at the property. Additional dogs may be allowed subject to arrangement with the owners and a further charge of £10.00 per dog per night. IF ADDITIONAL CLEANING IS REQUIRED TO CLEAR UP DOG HAIRS ADDITIONAL CLEANING TIME WILL BE CHARGED AT COST
- The White Hart, Otley - tel. 01473 890312, closed on Sunday nights and ALL DAY Monday. Please note some rural pubs have closed down in recent months with little or no notice - so please do check the status if this is a criterion for your choice of property
We have had a lovely time staying here. Matthew, Hannah and Bella have enjoyed the garden enormously! The facilities were brilliant, very well equipped. How to see you again! Mrs Finch - 1st September 2017
Fabulous place with a lovely welcome. We really appreciated the Christmas decorations too. We had a wonderful few days seeing out the old year and ringing in the new in this comfortable and warm house. We especially enjoyed the space, all the little luxuries and big, comfortable beds, as well as the peaceful location. We didn't make much use of the gym but did enjoy trying our hand out on the full-size snooker table. We will remember Vine Barn if we're ever in Suffolk again and would warmly recommend this lovely place, thank you! Mr Frost - 2nd January 2017
We've enjoyed a very relaxing week in Otley - catching up with the family and meeting up with old friends celebrating 'significant' birthdays. Vine Barn served us very well - warm, spacious, comfortable, well-equipped and plenty of bathrooms. Snape Maltings and The Red House in Aldeburgh have been on our list of 'must visit' for a long time - neither disappointed, both highly recommended. We will definitely be returning to enjoy the parts we've missed! Thank you!Mr Copp - 28th October 2016
Fantastic stay with lovely facilities and added extras; wonderful way to start 2016 in a relaxed setting. We are very grateful for your hospitality, you have provided us with some happy memories to start the new year!Thomas - 5th January 2016
We had a wonderful time. The snooker table went down a storm and the beds were the best we have ever slept in!A previous customer - 10th October 2015
We all had a wonderful holiday, beautiful property and plenty to do around. The dog loved the 2 acres of lawn and the owners are extremely nice and nothing is to much trouble. The property just had the wow factor for us.Claire T, West Sussex - 12th August 2015
A wonderful house and facilities and the welcome pack was a lovely unexpected extraA previous customer - 11th August 2015
It was an excellent place in a good location. It was spotlessly clean, very well equipped, including toys that the 3-year old loved.Anne F, Lincolnshire - 18th June 2015
Thank you for a wonderful Easter break in your beautiful cottage. We enjoyed our basket of goodies! Hope to be back in the near future.A previous customer - 11th April 2015
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Spicers of Hythe Ltd 20% discount on Hampers of Distinction
A hamper of distinction from Spicers of Hythe adds a little luxury to any occasion. We offer 20% off a beautifully presented hamper of gourmet delights.
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Dineindulge Dineindulge - private dining service
Enjoy private dining in the comfort of your holiday property. Dineindulge offer a personal chef service with restaurant quality cuisine from only £23.95 per pe...
ACT Studios Family & Friends Photography
Make your special holidays last beautifully forever with a fun one hour professional photography session at the location you choose. We meet you there.
Sponge Sponge Cakes
Want to celebrate during your holiday? 15% discount on award winning handmade sponge cakes delivered to your holiday cottage.