Reduced Occupancy Offer - This listing is for 4 people, using 2 bedrooms only. For full use of the house, please see ref: SFWBB where Wheat Barn can be booked for 8 people.
A delightful barn conversion with access to both a swimming pool and tennis court, Wheat Barn, Bawdsey is the perfect retreat for families and couples year round. Surrounded by beautiful countryside, Wheat Barn has the benefit of ground floor facilities. Ideal for those with a love of walking or bird watching, don't forget to bring the dog too!
WOODBRIDGE 11 miles (17.5 km), ALDEBURGH 26 miles (42 km), SNAPE 14 miles (22.5 km), SOUTHWOLD 35 miles (56 km)
This Suffolk Cottage Holiday Property: One of several barn conversions integrated with some old farm buildings, recently developed as stunning holiday cottages to make the very most of their superb panoramic views over the Deben estuary and the surrounding Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Wheat Barn is a deceptively spacious barn conversion. The large, open-plan living area is perfect for entertaining year round, with sliding French doors adding extra light during the summer months. In winter, cuddle up by the fire with a good book and a glass of wine after days spent exploring the area. With the benefit of a ground floor bedroom, bathroom and enclosed garden, Wheat Barn caters for all party types who are looking for a holiday on the Suffolk coast.
For families, a range of general interest books and DVD's are provided, as well as plastic cups for little ones.
The Grounds: A long private drive leads through the countryside surrounding Wheat Barn. There is plenty to explore along the network of footpaths, including one leading to the River Fleet, complete with picnic tables. Remember to bring your bikes and cycle through the surrounding countryside and country lanes.
During the summer be sure to make use of the shared outdoor swimming pool with changing rooms and showers (heated to 28 degrees from April - September/October). Watch the kids as you lie back on one of the sun loungers. Of course, there is even a hard tennis court for endless matches.
Sleeps: There are 2 doubles and 2 twins at the property - please specify at time of booking which two rooms you would like.
Parking: There is parking for 2 cars outside the property.
This Property is ideal for: Families, or friends wanting to explore the glorious countryside; the area has something to offer everyone; sailors, walkers, fishermen, cyclists, birdwatchers, music and art lovers, those interested in history and food, or simply anyone wanting to relax! Just a mile from Bawdsey Quay where the Deben Estuary meets the sea, breathtakingly beautiful, is a darling sandy beach, great for young children, and a sailing school which runs courses throughout the summer holidays.
If you like boats but strictly as a passenger you will love the foot ferry which sails back and forth across the Deben to Felixstowe Ferry. In the other direction is Sutton Hoo, burial ground of the first Saxon king and a couple of miles further on Woodbridge. Follow the coast road in the other direction and you will find yourself in Orford.
Self-catering eating and drinking: For local produce and some excellent homemade take away visit the village shop at Alderton just a half mile down the road. The Swan Pub is just across the road where you can purchase Indian curry - the real thing - to eat in or take away.
At Bawdsey Quay you will find The Boathouse Caf? - great cakes, light lunches and in the summer early supers. Take the foot ferry across the Deben and you will find an excellent fresh fish shed on the beach, an ice cream stall and another riverside cafe which sells good fish and chips. Just a few yards from the quay is The Ferry Inn for fine ales and meals.
For more information about the area, visit our sister site Visit Woodbridge.
- Sleeps 4
- Swimming pool
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 1 Well-behaved pet allowed
- WiFi available
- Open fire/woodburner
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- No smoking
- Enclosed garden
- Nearest shop 1.2 miles
- Nearest pub 1.2 miles
- 2.7 miles from the coast
- Ground floor bathroom
- Ground floor bedroom
- Entrance hall with space for leaving shoes, wellies and umbrellas. Doors lead off to the Utility Room, Double Bedroom and Living Area.
- Utility room with fully fitted units, butler sink, plenty of cupboard space, boiler, mop and bucket, washing machine/dryer, clothes airer, broom, iron and ironing board. Hooks to hang coats and belongs.
- BEDROOMS - PLEASE SPECIFY WHICH TWO BEDROOMS YOU WOULD LIKE MADE UP AT TIME OF BOOKING. Double Bedroom with full sized antique style double bed, bedside chests and lights, full length free-standing mirror, wardrobe with hanging space and exposed beams. A door leads to the En-suite with w.c., wash hand basin, bath with overhead shower and heated towel rail.
- Open plan living area with plenty of exposed wooden beams and high ceilings giving a spacious feel. Sliding French doors open out into the walled garden and add a cool breeze in the summer. Kitchen area with fully fitted country-style kitchen with fridge, freezer, Rangemaster oven with 5 ring hob, 3 slice toaster, kettle, microwave, dishwasher, cafetiere and Roberts radio. Dining table with seating for 8. Sitting area with feature fireplace with log burning stove, flatscreen TV with Freeview, DVD player, iPod dock (with AUX cable), 2 sofas, 2 easy chairs and occasional tables. A selection of general interest books and DVDs are provided. A door leads to the second hall way and stairs.
- Second hall way with doors leading to the Family Bathroom. Wide easy staircase bending to the right with hand rail leading to the Master Bedroom.
- Family Bathroom with wash hand basin, w.c., heated towel rail and claw foot bath with hand held shower.
- Two ground floor twins are also available with chest of drawers and two full sized single beds.
- Shower room with heated towel rail, w.c., wash hand basin, bathroom cabinet and double width shower.
- Master Bedroom with full sized double bed, bedside tables and lamps, hairdryer, full length free-standing mirror, occasional chairs, built in double wardrobe with hanging and shelving space.
- Private walled garden with some border planting and patio area. Guests are welcome to bring disposable BBQs but please clean away after use. Garden furniture is provided in the summer months.
- Shared swimming pool heated to 28 degrees from April/May - September/October. Please note that children under 14 must be supervised. Outside shower facility and seating.
- Shared full sized hard tennis court. Guests are welcome to use the tennis rackets and balls at Wheat Barn.
- Off-street parking for two cars in a designated parking space.
- Bed linen and towels are provided, please bring your own beach and pool towels.
- In consideration of other guests, please do not smoke inside the property.
- Oil central heating throughout. Logs for the fire are provided.
- A limited WiFi connection is provided. This may be slightly slower than what you are used to and should not be relied on for work purposes or for the downloading of films.
Over from Germany for a family Christmas and reunion filled with walks with the dog and the family, walks around the Estate, the local countryside and a great afternoon singing karaoke at the local pub (The Swan). Our family Christmas was wonderful in a cosy, comfy surrounding in this beautiful house. We spent our evenings wining, dining and playing games. Thank you for these wonderful memories - we will treasure them forever.The Scowens - 1st January 2016
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Nomad Sea Kayaking Nomad Sea Kayaking Adventure
Get active with an adventure sea kayaking experience. See a different view of Suffolk’s waterside landscape and wildlife, on one of these truly memorable tr...
Big Sky Yoga Private Yoga Session
Relax into your Suffolk holiday with a private yoga session in the comfort of your holiday cottage or garden from leading yoga instructor Angie Lee-Foster.
Ufford Park Health & Spa Two for One Fire and Ice Spa Day at Ufford Park Spa
Treat yourself and a partner to the ultimate indulgent day of relaxation at The Thermal Suite, Ufford Park Spa, plus enjoy 25% discount on treatments.
Cretingham Golf Club Unlimited Golf Packages - Cretingham Golf Club
These fabulous value packages provides unlimited golf for either 3, 5 or 7 days during your holiday. Prices from £65.
- £65.00 - £130.00
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Spicers of Hythe Ltd 20% discount on Hampers of Distinction
A hamper of distinction from Spicers of Hythe adds a little luxury to any occasion. We offer 20% off a beautifully presented hamper of gourmet delights.
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price