DescriptionOn Orford's pretty village green, halfway between the Quay and Orford's fascinating Norman church, this charming Grade II listed timber framed cottage has been tastefully refurbished to create a really lovely holiday cottage for up to 4 people. The finish is utterly contemporary, the kitchen a delight - all this without losing any of the cosy cottage feel. Perfect for a break on the Suffolk coast at any time of year.
About the property: A traditional Suffolk cottage located on Orford's pretty village green on Quay Street, just yards from the estuary, Lismore Cottage has all the ingredients for a perfect seaside holiday for the family or a couple of friends, for the winter there is lovely log burning stove and full central heating, whilst summer visitors will enjoy the large terrace with table and chairs and the pretty fenced garden - there is even a summer house where you can store your bikes.
Totally refurbished for letting in 2014, Lismore Cottage has a charming sitting room with oak flooring, a log burning stove, Smart TV, wi fi and a good selection of books and games. There is a modern feel throughout the kitchen, utility room (with washing machine and dryer) and luxurious bathroom which includes both a lovely large bath and large and lovely walk in shower. Upstairs there are two lovely bedrooms, the really spacious double includes a king sized bed.
This Suffolk Holiday Cottage is ideal for: A great holiday and just 200 yards from Orford's attractive quay, with its constant attraction of small sailing crafts and yachts, and boat trips to Havergate Island and Orford Ness, there is lots to see and do whatever your age or interest.
Perhaps one of the most attractive coastal villages on the East coast, Orford retains both a fascinating 12th century castle and church. Well provided with village shop, a butchers, a fresh fish stall, craft shops, excellent restaurants and traditional pubs everything is on your doorstep.
On the banks of the Ore, Orford is protected from the sea by a fascinating shingle bank,Orford Ness, which runs from Aldeburgh to the sea. Accessible by ferry, Orford Ness is now managed by the National Trust; here you can find out about this strange and ever changing landscape, the many ground nesting and sea birds nesting here or trace the mysterious history of the area's war time occupation both for secret development of radar and munitions and in the defence of Britain. From Orford Quay one can take a boat trip to Havergate Island, the first RSPB reserve and home of the avocet.
Orford is within easy access of both Snape and theSnape Maltings Concert Hall and the seaside town of Aldeburgh, where the Aldeburgh Festival began life some fifty years ago.
The market town of Woodbridge is within half an hours drive along pleasant rural lanes and has plenty of interesting historic buildings, galleries, a quayside theatre and restaurant, a picturesque river walk and a great selection of pubs and tearooms.
Eating In: Orford General Stores stocks almost everything and the staff are friendly and really helpful. Next door is the award winning Pump Street Bakery, with an amazing and tempting selection of pastries and artisan bread, made by hand, using traditional methods and natural ingredient. Alternatively, the nearest Waitrose and Tesco are 10 miles away in Saxmundham and will deliver to this address.
Eating out: There are two fine pubs -The King's Head and The Jolly Sailor- and two great restaurants - The Trinityand The Butley Orford Oysterage- within 2 minutes walk of Lismore Cottage. A short drive away, or cycle ride, is the village of Chillesford and The Froize Inn, which is rustic, charming and has an excellent menu.
For lots of information on the area please look at our own online guide Visit Orford.
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- 2 Well-behaved pets allowed
- No private parking
- WiFi available
- Open fire/woodburner
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Travel cot
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- No smoking
- Enclosed garden
- Nearest shop 0.1 mile
- Nearest pub 0.1 mile
- 0.1 mile from the coast
- Ground floor bathroom
- The front door opens into the hall where there are coat hooks and a boot box, wall mirror.
- The sitting room has oak flooring with rugs, side and coffee tables, sofa, arm chair and easy chair, log burning stove, Smart TV showing Freeview, wi fi and Blue Ray DVD player, book case with books and games. A starter basket of logs. There is also an iPod Docking Station to use.
- The kitchen has a tiled floor and underfloor heating. A L shaped row of fitted cupboards, with washing machine with dryer facility, fridge with freezer compartment, dishwasher, large electric range cooker, sink and granite work surfaces. There is plenty of china and cutlery, saucepans, casseroles etc. There is an oak table and 4 chairs
- There is a utility room with more cupboards and kitchen equipment including a microwave. There is also an iron and ironing board.
- The lovely bathroom has underfloor heating, a free standing bath with hand held shower attachment, large walk in shower, wash basin, w.c. and heated towel rail
- The stairs to the 1st floor are cottagy and therefore relatively steep; there is a handrail to one side. The landing has a table and mirror
- Bedroom 1: A large double bedroom with king sized bed, bedside tables and lamps, chest of drawers with mirror, wardrobe and easy chair
- Bedroom 2: The twin bedroom has 2 full sized single beds, a bedside table and lamp, chest of drawers and lamp and hanging hooks. The room goes into the eaves and headroom is limited to the far side of the beds.
- The rear garden is fully fenced and includes a large patio area with table and chairs, lawn and planting. There is a summer house at the end of the garden for tools and bike storage, there is also a Kettle BBQ please provide your own coal.
- Bed linen and towels are provided. Please bring your own beach towels. If using the travel cot, please provide your own bedding for it. All duvets, pillows etc are microfibre. There is a hair dryer. Other equipment provided includes iron and ironing board and a hoover.
- 1 to 2 small well behaved dogs are welcome at the property and a dog basket and water bowl are provided.
- Electric central heating throughout. There is a log burning stove and a basket of logs is provided to get you started. Further logs can be purchased in Orford from Friends Garage or Orford Stores.
- An unlimited Wi fi connection is provided and there is a phone for incoming and emergency calls
- Parking is on Quay Street, opposite the property.
- This property has Sammy's Seal of Approval for being a family friendly property. On your arrival you will find a welcome postcard from Sammy the Suffolk Seal, a Sammy toy for the children to take on adventures and a picture book, Sammy the Suffolk Seal written by local author (and Cambridge graduate) Lucy Stone and illustrated by Jenny Duke (Cambridge School of Art), for the children (and parents or grandparents) to read during your stay - the perfect introduction to the wonders of this region and the places youngsters and families can visit. If you would like your own copy or Sammy toy to take home with you, they can be purchased at the Suffolk Cottage Holidays shop on 152 High Street in Aldeburgh, IP15 5AQ. Or call Suffolk Cottage Holidays on 01394 389 189 to order a copy by post.
Lovely property; garden in particular is a beautiful spot and very well planted and maintained. This is a cosy, yet light property which is comfortable; the very good quality bedlinen and good shower are particularly noteworthy! Lounge and main bedroom are very good sizes for the cottage and add a sense space. Ms Yasmin Ahmed - 4th June 2018
Lovely warm cottage, dog friendly with pretty garden. Would be happy to visit againMrs Joyce Crawford - 9th November 2017
LOVELY! Hope to be back soonMrs Eileen Turner - 25th September 2017
A delightful cottage in appearance and comfort, with a great location and access to good food locally, and to some wonderful local activities, scenery and walks in the countryside and along the river banks.Mr Geoff Walker - 8th August 2017
Another lovely stay in this delightful cottage. Thank you!A previous customer - 4th March 2016
We really enjoyed our few days here and couldn't bare to leave. A very warm and inviting cottage with bags of charm and character. We will be back. - 1st January 2016
We have enjoyed our stay in this beautiful cottage very much. We come to Orford every year, having such a lovely base (and garden) to unwind in has been fantastic. Thank you so much for the thoughtful touches - eggs, flowers, dog biscuits and cake! It was truly a warm welcome.A previous customer - 28th August 2015
Lovely cottage and beautiful garden, we have enjoyed our stay very much. Thank you for making us so welcome, our dogs too! We have been holidaying in Orford for 12 years and Lismore is the loveliest and most comfortable cottage we have stayed in - a real 'home from home' with lovely personal touches and extras. Look forward to staying again.A previous customer - 31st July 2015
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Nomad Sea Kayaking Nomad Sea Kayaking Adventure
Get active with an adventure sea kayaking experience. See a different view of Suffolk’s waterside landscape and wildlife, on one of these truly memorable tr...
Cretingham Golf Club Unlimited Golf Packages - Cretingham Golf Club
These fabulous value packages provides unlimited golf for either 3, 5 or 7 days during your holiday. Prices from £65.
- £65.00 - £130.00
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Spicers of Hythe Ltd 20% discount on Hampers of Distinction
A hamper of distinction from Spicers of Hythe adds a little luxury to any occasion. We offer 20% off a beautifully presented hamper of gourmet delights.
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Open Top Touring Classic Sports Car Hire & Tour
Take in the sights of Suffolk in true style with a day’s self-drive tour in a open top classic sports car. Prices from £135 to £155.