In the heart of Orford and just a couple of seconds from the famous Pump Street Bakery, The Lobster Pot should be your next go-to self catering cottage in Suffolk. Lovingly refurbished throughout to retain its original Victorian features, it is also packed to the brim with all the mod-con's a 21st century holidaymaker could possibly need.
Completely refurbished in 2016, the cottage owners have retained The Lobster Pot's historic features while seamlessly incorporating the best of contemporary design. The ground floor has been opened up to create a spacious sitting room, dining area and kitchen which is both really well equipped and great to cook in. The original flooring has been retained in the sitting room and kitchen with its distinctive old Suffolk white brick.
In the sitting room the homeowners have added curved screen 4K Smart TV holiday makers can access their own Netflix, Amazon prime accounts, iPlayer, ITV Hub, digital radio stations etc. A brand new wood burning stove with warmer above has also been added in this room - perfect for heating up Pump Street Bakery croissants. Top of the range electric radiators throughout makes The Lobster Pot perfect for winter breaks.
Why we love this property: Cleverly refurbished this property offers modern features and fittings whilst still keeping some of the traditional features which make this cottage so special.
Sitting room: Log burning stove with food warmer above, sofas, games, books, 4K Smart TV with access to Netflix, amazon prime and catch up TV.
Kitchen: Fully fitted with 4 ring electric hob and oven, fridge and freezer, microwave, table and four chairs.
Cloakroom/Utility room: WC, basin, washing machine, dishwasher, heated towel rail.
Bedroom 1: Double bed, built in wardrobe, Victorian feature fireplace.
Bedroom 2: Single bed, Victorian feature fireplace, built in wardrobe, radio.
Bathroom: Large walk-in corner shower with rain shower head and hand held shower head, basin, WC, heated towel rail.
Garden: Patio area with table and chairs. The newly converted Bake House provides for a place to store bikes/pram or a place to get away from those in the Cottage!.
Notes: Bed linen, towels and Wi-Fi provided.
Heating: Electric heating throughout. A basket of logs, kindling and firelighters are provided to get you going. There are additional logs in the log store outside and an honesty box for donation towards the cost on the entrance table.
Orford is an attractive small town, dominated by the remains of a 12th Century castle keep - you may like to climb to the top to enjoy the panoramic views over the town and marshes. It is also famous for Orford Ness National Nature Reserve and Havergate Island, both a delight for ornithologists and nature lovers. Sailing and boat trips are available on the River Ore, there are several walks/cycle rides from Orford detailed in the welcome pack as well as brochures of what is available nearby. It is only nine miles from the beach at Aldeburgh, with the historic towns of Framlingham and Woodbridge and the world-famous Snape Maltings Concert Hall also within easy reach.
- Sleeps 3
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- 1 Well-behaved pet allowed
- No private parking
- WiFi available
- Open fire/woodburner
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Travel cot
- Washing machine
- No smoking
- Enclosed garden
- Nearest shop 0.1 mile
- Nearest pub 0.1 mile
- 0.1 mile from the coast
The Ground Floor
- The front door opens directly into the sitting room which includes a log burning stove with food warmer above, basket of logs, sofa and armchair, large foot stool wall cupboard with games, book shelves and books, curved screen 4K Smart TV, access to your Netflix, Amazon prime account, iPlayer, ITV Hub, digital radio stations etc. There are lamps, a coffee table and a further free standing sideboard with local interest information
- The large kitchen includes a circular table (with extension) and 4 chairs. Brand new the kitchen includes a fully fitted with 4 ring electric hob and oven, fridge and freezer, microwave, kettle, toaster and cafetiere. Further cupboards house an iron and ironing board, hoover, mop and bucket, broom and dustpan and brush.
- There is a ground floor cloakroom and utility room with w.c., butler sink, washing machine, dishwasher, w.c., heated airing rail and heated towel rail. There are also coat hooks and space for storing boots and shoes.
- There is a door to the stairs which have a rail to one side
- The double bedroom includes a double bed, built in wardrobe with hanging and shelving space, book shelves with books, wall mounted reading lamps, Victorian feature fireplace and hairdryer.
- There is a second bedroom with single bed, Victorian feature fireplace, wall mounted reading light, built in wardrobe with hanging and shelving space, hairdryer and Roberts radio.
- The bathroom has a large walk-in corner shower with rain shower and hand held shower head, wash basin, w.c., heated towel rail, mirrored bathroom cabinet and hot water bottle. There is a full length mirror on the landing.
- Directly outside the back door is a patio area surrounded by planting with table and chairs and parasol.
- There is a store room, ideal for bike storage
- Bed linen and towels provided but please bring your own beach towels. If using the travel cot, please provide your own bedding for it.
- In consideration of other visitors, guests are requested not to smoke at The Lobster Pot
- Electric heating is provided throughout and a supply of logs can be found in the log store in the garden
- Local pubs within walking distance: The Kings Head - tel. 01394 450271, The Jolly Sailor - tel. 01394 450243.
- A wi fi service is provided. There are also two hairdryers at the property.
We loved our stay at the Lobster Pot. If there is a better small cottage to rent in Orford, I would be amazed. Central location is wonderful and the standard of fixtures & fittings is exceptional for a holiday rental property.Mr David Mitchell-Innes - 26th September 2018
A super cottage, very well refurbished and comfortable. Good kitchen equipment allowing excellent self-catering. Secure for dogs and very well catered for with blankets etc. Good bike storage and a lovely garden to enjoy the sunshine in. Bed comfortable and clean with good pillows and duvet. Bathroom well equipped with storage and excellent shower.Mr Roger Loxley - 2nd September 2018
A lovely cottage, with a wonderful warm feel. Well thought out and just about everything a visitor could want.Mr Mark Lloyd - 26th August 2018
The property was the nicest cottage we have ever stayed in. Beautifullly decorated with so much attention to detail. Exceptionally clean and everything we needed. Ali Franks - 12th August 2018
One of the best we stayed in suffolk Mr John Cooper - 17th June 2018
The property was gorgeous and the quality of the interior and back garden met with our expectations as shown in the online photos. We were very grateful for coffee and the gift candle, a very nice touch. We would thoroughly recommend staying there - it's a little gem. Mrs M Ross - 7th April 2018
A wonderful property, it's been done up so well and it was extremely cosy! Mrs K Stears - 25th March 2018
Lovely cottage with good facilities. Great location. Mrs Anne Stevens - 13th February 2018
The Lobster pot is lovely & the location is perfect!!Mrs Anne Appleby - 1st November 2017
Lovely holiday, beautiful cottage, friendly area and great weather. Thank you! Fiona and David - 25th August 2017
Lovely cottage, beautifully renovated in a great location. First time to Orford and will definitely return. Denise and Mary - 18th August 2017
This is a truly wonderful cottage. We have had a lovely holiday in particular crabbing for the first time down at the quay - such fun! Our nephew loved walking to the bakery to collect the fresh bread and croissants each morning - such a treat when you are 11 years old! We did some great walks and even though we had quite a bit of rain, it was such a comfort to return back to the comfort of the wonderful Lobster Pot. We shall return!! Karen and Oliver - 11th August 2017
Our fourth visit to Orford and this is by far the best cottage we have stayed in. It has obviously been renovated with a lot of care and attention to detail and it shows. A very relaxing fews days in a lovely location.The Buckles - 11th May 2017
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay; it was lovely to have a note to welcome us and have some basic essentials already supplied. A little haven in a beautiful location.Mrs Katy Ellis
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Discover Newmarket Discover Newmarket Tours
Once the sporting playground of royalty, the historic home of horseracing celebrates a heritage dating back over 350 years. The area has loads to offer with Dis...
Nomad Sea Kayaking Nomad Sea Kayaking Adventure
Get active with an adventure sea kayaking experience. See a different view of Suffolk’s waterside landscape and wildlife, on one of these truly memorable tr...
Big Sky Yoga Private Yoga Session
Relax into your Suffolk holiday with a private yoga session in the comfort of your holiday cottage or garden from leading yoga instructor Angie Lee-Foster.
Ufford Park Health & Spa Two for One Fire and Ice Spa Day at Ufford Park Spa
Treat yourself and a partner to the ultimate indulgent day of relaxation at The Thermal Suite, Ufford Park Spa, plus enjoy 25% discount on treatments.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Spicers of Hythe Ltd 20% discount on Hampers of Distinction
A hamper of distinction from Spicers of Hythe adds a little luxury to any occasion. We offer 20% off a beautifully presented hamper of gourmet delights.
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price