- £601 per week
- £86 per night
- 3 Guests
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- 1 Pet
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 double bed
- 1 single bed
- 1 WC
- Towels provided
- Open fire or woodburner
- Washing machine
- Family friendly
- Travel cot
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Ground floor WC
Important - Please note
- Check in: 4:00pm
- Check out: 9:00am
To give our cleaners enough time to complete the additional cleaning and sanitising that is currently needed to keep our guests safe, check-in and check-out times at the majority of our properties have been temporarily revised. The revised times for this property are reflected above.
In the heart of Orford and just a couple of seconds from the famous Pump Street Bakery, The Lobster Pot should be your next go-to self catering cottage in Suffolk. Lovingly refurbished throughout to retain its original Victorian features, it is also packed to the brim with all the mod-con's a 21st century holidaymaker could possibly need.
Completely refurbished in 2016, the cottage owners have retained The Lobster Pot's historic features while seamlessly incorporating the best of contemporary design. The ground floor has been opened up to create a spacious sitting room, dining area and kitchen which is both really well equipped and great to cook in. The original flooring has been retained in the sitting room and kitchen with its distinctive old Suffolk white brick.
In the sitting room the homeowners have added curved screen 4K Smart TV holiday makers can access their own Netflix, Amazon prime accounts, iPlayer, ITV Hub, digital radio stations etc. A brand new wood burning stove with warmer above has also been added in this room - perfect for heating up Pump Street Bakery croissants. Top of the range electric radiators throughout makes The Lobster Pot perfect for winter breaks.
Why we love this property: Cleverly refurbished this property offers modern features and fittings whilst still keeping some of the traditional features which make this cottage so special.
Sitting room: Log burning stove with food warmer above, sofas, games, books, 4K Smart TV with access to Netflix, amazon prime and catch up TV.
Kitchen: Fully fitted with 4 ring electric hob and oven, fridge and freezer, microwave, table and four chairs.
Cloakroom/Utility room: WC, basin, washing machine, dishwasher, heated towel rail.
Bedroom 1: Double bed, built in wardrobe, Victorian feature fireplace.
Bedroom 2: Single bed, Victorian feature fireplace, built in wardrobe, radio.
Bathroom: Large walk-in corner shower with rain shower head and hand held shower head, basin, WC, heated towel rail.
Garden: Patio area with table and chairs. The newly converted Bake House provides for a place to store bikes/pram or a place to get away from those in the Cottage!.
Notes: Bed linen, towels and Wi-Fi provided.
Heating: Electric heating throughout. A basket of logs, kindling and firelighters are provided to get you going. There are additional logs in the log store outside and an honesty box for donation towards the cost on the entrance table.
Orford is an attractive small town, dominated by the remains of a 12th Century castle keep - you may like to climb to the top to enjoy the panoramic views over the town and marshes. It is also famous for Orford Ness National Nature Reserve and Havergate Island, both a delight for ornithologists and nature lovers. Sailing and boat trips are available on the River Ore, there are several walks/cycle rides from Orford detailed in the welcome pack as well as brochures of what is available nearby. It is only nine miles from the beach at Aldeburgh, with the historic towns of Framlingham and Woodbridge and the world-famous Snape Maltings Concert Hall also within easy reach.
The Ground Floor
- The front door opens directly into the sitting room which includes a log burning stove with food warmer above, basket of logs, sofa and armchair, large foot stool wall cupboard with games, book shelves and books, curved screen 4K Smart TV, access to your Netflix, Amazon prime account, iPlayer, ITV Hub, digital radio stations etc. There are lamps, a coffee table and a further free standing sideboard with local interest information
- The large kitchen includes a circular table (with extension) and 4 chairs. Brand new the kitchen includes a fully fitted with 4 ring electric hob and oven, fridge and freezer, microwave, kettle, toaster and cafetiere. Further cupboards house an iron and ironing board, hoover, mop and bucket, broom and dustpan and brush.
- There is a ground floor cloakroom and utility room with w.c., butler sink, washing machine, dishwasher, w.c., heated airing rail and heated towel rail. There are also coat hooks and space for storing boots and shoes.
- There is a door to the stairs which have a rail to one side
- The double bedroom includes a double bed, built in wardrobe with hanging and shelving space, book shelves with books, wall mounted reading lamps, Victorian feature fireplace and hairdryer.
- There is a second bedroom with single bed, Victorian feature fireplace, wall mounted reading light, built in wardrobe with hanging and shelving space, hairdryer and Roberts radio.
- The bathroom has a large walk-in corner shower with rain shower and hand held shower head, wash basin, w.c., heated towel rail, mirrored bathroom cabinet and hot water bottle. There is a full length mirror on the landing.
- Directly outside the back door is a patio area surrounded by planting with table and chairs and parasol.
- There is a store room, ideal for bike storage
- Bed linen and towels provided but please bring your own beach towels. If using the travel cot, please provide your own bedding for it.
- In consideration of other visitors, guests are requested not to smoke at The Lobster Pot
- Electric heating is provided throughout and a supply of logs can be found in the log store in the garden
- Local pubs within walking distance: The Kings Head - tel. 01394 450271, The Jolly Sailor - tel. 01394 450243.
- A wi fi service is provided. There are also two hairdryers at the property.
Nicely decorated and furnished cottage with wood burning stove.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay; it was lovely to have a note to welcome us and have some basic essentials already supplied. A little haven in a beautiful location.