- £520 per week
- £74 per night
- 4 Guests
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- No Pets
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 double bed
- 2 single beds
- 1 bathroom
- Towels provided
- Tumble dryer
- Family friendly
- Enclosed garden
In the heart of the lovely coastal village of Orford, near Aldeburgh, Mariners Cottage is just a few yards from Orford quay and only a short walk from Market Hill and the imposing 12th century Orford Castle. Mariners Cottage is a 17th century mid terrace brick-constructed fisherman cottage nicely updated to create a comfortable holiday cottage for up to 4 people. To the rear there is a small enclosed patio, very sheltered from the wind, in sun most of the day during the summer months. This really is a comfortable bolt-hole for exploring all that Suffolk has to offer.
Ideal for a couple with or without children looking for a comfortable break in beautiful surroundings with all amenities within walking distance. Shop: 0.1 miles, Pub: 0.1 miles.
Why we love this property: Just a stone's throw from the water, Mariners Cottage couldn't be more ideally situated.
Sitting Room: Two seater sofa and three armchairs, a coal effect electric fan heater, tables and lamps and flat screen TV with DVD.
Kitchen/Diner: Newly fitted kitchen / dining room which includes electric oven and hob, good size fridge, dishwasher, microwave, toaster, kettle and cafetiere. There is also a dining room table with 6 chairs.
Bedroom 1: Double bed, bedside tables and reading lamps, chest of drawers and dressing mirrors on the walls. Window overlooking the front aspect.
Bedroom 2: Two single beds, bedside lights, chest of drawers and mirror.
Shower Room: Shower, wash basin, w.c., an efficient extractor fan, fan heater and heated towel rail.
Outside: There is a fenced patio at the rear with access from the front as well as the house, with room for bike storage.
Heating: Radiator heating.
Notes: Wifi, bed linen and towels provided.
Orford is an attractive small town, dominated by the remains of a 12th Century castle keep - you may like to climb to the top to enjoy the panoramic views over the town and marshes. It is also famous for Orford Ness National Nature Reserve and Havergate Island, both a delight for ornithologists and nature lovers. Sailing and boat trips are available on the River Ore, with country walks in Rendlesham Forest. It is only nine miles from the beach at Aldeburgh, with the historic towns of Framlingham and Woodbridge and the world-famous Snape Maltings Concert Hall also within easy reach.
- The front door leads directly into a comfortable sitting room with a two seater sofa and three armchairs, a coal effect electric fan heater, tables and lamps and flat screen TV with DVD. A box with games and magazines along with the wi-fi offer alternative recreation
- A doorway lead to the newly fitted kitchen / dining room which includes electric oven and hob, good size fridge, dishwasher, microwave, toaster, kettle and cafetiere. There is also a small dining room table with four chairs
- A door from the kitchen/dining room leads directly to the patio, which also offers table and chairs
- Back into the sitting room and there is a straight staircase with handrail to the first floor
- On the landing there are large fitted cupboards with some of hanging space. A step up leads to the master bedroom and please note caution that there is a very low beam
- The master bedroom has a double bed, bedside tables and reading lamps, chest of drawers and dressing mirrors on the walls. Windows overlooking the front aspect and modern wall mounted electric heater (with timer or instant heat)
- The second bedroom overlooks the patio, is an L shaped room with two single beds, bedside lights, chest of drawers and mirror. Modern wall mounted electric heater (with timer or instant heat)
- A lovely new shower room with a powerful shower, wash basin, w.c., an efficient extractor fan, fan heater and heated towel rail all add to the comfort.
- There is a fenced patio at the rear with access from the front, with room for bike storage.
- Heating is by wall mounted electric heaters and underfloor heating to the kitchen.
- Bedlinen (cotton), towels and all electricity are included in the price. There is a hair dryer at the property.
- In the interest of other holidaymakers please do not smoke inside the cottage
- N.B.: This is a period cottage and there are some low beams, so take care
- There is limited parking outside the cottage. There is also a parking permit to allow you free parking in the public car park just across the road
- An unlimited broadband/wi-fi service is provided and USB points in the living room.
- The Kings Head - tel. 01394 450271
- The Jolly Sailor - tel. 01394 450243. Please note some rural pubs have closed down in recent months with little or no notice - so please do check the status if this is a criterion for your choice of property