In the heart of the lovely coastal village of Orford, near Aldeburgh, Mariners Cottage is just a few yards from Orford quay and only a short walk from Market Hill and the imposing 12th century Orford Castle. Mariners Cottage is a 17th century mid terrace brick-constructed fisherman cottage nicely updated to create a comfortable holiday cottage for up to 4 people. To the rear there is a small enclosed patio, very sheltered from the wind, in sun most of the day during the summer months. This really is a comfortable bolt-hole for exploring all that Suffolk has to offer.
Ideal for a couple with or without children looking for a comfortable break in beautiful surroundings with all amenities within walking distance. Shop: 0.1 miles, Pub: 0.1 miles.
Why we love this property: Just a stone's throw from the water, Mariners Cottage couldn't be more ideally situated.
Sitting Room: Two seater sofa and three armchairs, a coal effect electric fan heater, tables and lamps and flat screen TV with DVD.
Kitchen/Diner: Newly fitted kitchen / dining room which includes electric oven and hob, good size fridge, dishwasher, microwave, toaster, kettle and cafetiere. There is also a small dining room table with four chairs.
Bedroom 1: Double bed, bedside tables and reading lamps, chest of drawers and dressing mirrors on the walls. Windows overlooking the front aspect.
Bedroom 2: Two single beds, bedside lights, chest of drawers and mirror.
Shower Room: Shower, wash basin, w.c., an efficient extractor fan, fan heater and heated towel rail.
Outside: There is a fenced patio at the rear with access from the front, with room for bike storage.
Heating: Electric central heating.
Notes: Wifi, bed linen and towels provided.
Orford is an attractive small town, dominated by the remains of a 12th Century castle keep - you may like to climb to the top to enjoy the panoramic views over the town and marshes. It is also famous for Orford Ness National Nature Reserve and Havergate Island, both a delight for ornithologists and nature lovers. Sailing and boat trips are available on the River Ore, with country walks in Rendlesham Forest. It is only nine miles from the beach at Aldeburgh, with the historic towns of Framlingham and Woodbridge and the world-famous Snape Maltings Concert Hall also within easy reach.
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- No pets
- No private parking
- WiFi available
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Tumble dryer
- No smoking
- Enclosed garden
- Nearest shop 0.1 mile
- Nearest pub 0.1 mile
- 0.1 mile from the coast
- The front door leads directly into a comfortable sitting room with a two seater sofa and three armchairs, a coal effect electric fan heater, tables and lamps and flat screen TV with DVD. A box with games and magazines along with the wi-fi offer alternative recreation
- A doorway lead to the newly fitted kitchen / dining room which includes electric oven and hob, good size fridge, dishwasher, microwave, toaster, kettle and cafetiere. There is also a small dining room table with four chairs
- A door from the kitchen/dining room leads directly to the patio, which also offers table and chairs
- Back into the sitting room and there is a straight staircase with handrail to the first floor
- On the landing there are large fitted cupboards with some of hanging space. A step up leads to the master bedroom and please note caution that there is a very low beam
- The master bedroom has a double bed, bedside tables and reading lamps, chest of drawers and dressing mirrors on the walls. Windows overlooking the front aspect and modern wall mounted electric heater (with timer or instant heat)
- The second bedroom overlooks the patio, is an L shaped room with two single beds, bedside lights, chest of drawers and mirror. Modern wall mounted electric heater (with timer or instant heat)
- A lovely new shower room with a powerful shower, wash basin, w.c., an efficient extractor fan, fan heater and heated towel rail all add to the comfort.
- There is a fenced patio at the rear with access from the front, with room for bike storage.
- Heating is by wall mounted electric heaters and underfloor heating to the kitchen.
- Bedlinen (cotton), towels and all electricity are included in the price. There is a hair dryer at the property.
- In the interest of other holidaymakers please do not smoke inside the cottage
- N.B.: This is a period cottage and there are some low beams, so take care
- There is limited parking outside the cottage. There is also a parking permit to allow you free parking in the public car park just across the road
- An unlimited broadband/wi-fi service is provided and USB points in the living room.
- The Kings Head - tel. 01394 450271
- The Jolly Sailor - tel. 01394 450243. Please note some rural pubs have closed down in recent months with little or no notice - so please do check the status if this is a criterion for your choice of property
Lovely property, lovely area, perfect.Mr Martin Cole - 17th July 2017
A very enjoyable holiday in a lovely comfortable cottage in beautiful Orford, this cottage is thoroughly recommended for a restful cosy break.Mrs Verena O'Kane - 6th July 2017
A charming cottage, we will stay again.Chris L, Wiltshire - 15th August 2016
A lovely cottage, well equipped and maintained. We had a superb time in Orford. The Quay, the pub and The General Stores all part of the perfect weekend.Rust Family - 28th May 2014
A great pleasure in staying atÂ Mariners Cottage is to leave the snugness and warmth late in the evening, walk the few yards to the Quay and listen to the waves and the curlew cry from Orford Ness.Millsen Family - 19th February 2014
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Discover Newmarket Discover Newmarket Tours
Once the sporting playground of royalty, the historic home of horseracing celebrates a heritage dating back over 350 years. The area has loads to offer with Dis...
Nomad Sea Kayaking Nomad Sea Kayaking Adventure
Get active with an adventure sea kayaking experience. See a different view of Suffolk’s waterside landscape and wildlife, on one of these truly memorable tr...
Big Sky Yoga Private Yoga Session
Relax into your Suffolk holiday with a private yoga session in the comfort of your holiday cottage or garden from leading yoga instructor Angie Lee-Foster.
Ufford Park Health & Spa Two for One Fire and Ice Spa Day at Ufford Park Spa
Treat yourself and a partner to the ultimate indulgent day of relaxation at The Thermal Suite, Ufford Park Spa, plus enjoy 25% discount on treatments.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Spicers of Hythe Ltd 20% discount on Hampers of Distinction
A hamper of distinction from Spicers of Hythe adds a little luxury to any occasion. We offer 20% off a beautifully presented hamper of gourmet delights.
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price