Reduced Occupancy Offer - This listing is for 6 people, using 3 bedrooms only. For full use of the house, please see ref: SFMOA where Moat Cottage can be booked for 8 people.
Situated just seconds from Orford's famous castle, this traditional Suffolk cottage has been fully refurbished to reflect is coastal surroundings. Perfect for a family holiday by the coast, there is plenty to be explored by foot, bike or boat!
SNAPE 5.5 miles (9 km), ALDEBURGH 12 miles (17 km), WOODBRIDGE 12 miles (19 km), SOUTHWOLD 26 miles (42 km), FRAMLINGHAM 13 miles (22 km)
Sitting in the centre of the popular coastal town of Orford, Moat Cottage is ideally situated within walking distance of the castle, village shops, cafe, two excellent restaurants and two fine Adnams pubs. Moat Cottage is perfect for those wishing to get away from it all, without having to pack the kitchen sink! The contemporary interior complimented with carefully selected antique gems reminds guests of its stunning coastal location. Don't forget to pack your walking boots and bicycles (these can be stored in the courtyard) to explore Suffolk to its full potential. Wildlife enthusiasts will love visits to both Havergate Island and Orford Ness - bring a camera to capture not only the breathtaking views by the varied wildlife as well.
Nearby: Orford was once an important port with a thriving quay, several churches and of course its own castle. Today it is one of the prettiest coastal villages in East Anglia. While it has diminished in size, it has developed in style. Not only is there a fine range of eateries, its shops are excellent and you can get everything there from smoked fish, beautiful bread and croissants to log baskets. Orford is a village in which to relax and slow down. There are fine walks and quiet cycle rides from the cottage and with Orford Ness (National Trust), Havergate Island (RSPB) and a choice of estuary trips you will always have something of interest to fill your days. For the more energetic, there is of course sailing and yachting on the estuary. Painted by J M W Turner, Orford is well loved by contemporary artists and photographers.
Getting Out: If you want to see more of Suffolk then Iken, Snape, Aldeburgh and Woodbridge are all within a short drive or a cycle ride of Orford. The countryside is gently rolling and attractive, allowing fine views of the Suffolk skies and their magnificent sunsets and you are always close to the water - the Alde and Deben estuaries, and, of course, the sea.
For lots of information on the area please look at our own online guide Visit Orford.
- Sleeps 6
- 3 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- No pets
- No private parking
- WiFi available
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Travel cot
- No smoking
- Enclosed garden
- Nearest shop 0.1 mile
- Nearest pub 0.1 mile
- 0.1 mile from the coast
- Ground floor bathroom
- Two steps lead through the back door directly into the tiled kitchen, which has been superbly designed and includes a free standing antique dresser, as well as a good selection of fitted cupboards. Equipped with microwave, electric oven and hob, dishwasher.
- To the left of the kitchen is the bathroom with sit up bath and overhead shower, wash basin, loo and heated towel rail
- There is a spacious dining room with original brick floor, electric log effect stove, large american style fridge with freezer compartment, cupboard and large dining table with cushioned bench seats and 3 chairs (seats 8 comfortably)
- The sitting room is cosy and carpetted and is another good sized room with occasional tables, two sofas, chair, bookcase and corner cupboard with flat screen TV, DVD, wifi and iPod dock
- The cottage has a straight but steep staircase with one handrail leading to the first floor
- The master bedroom is light and airy with two large windows. It has bedside tables and lamps, a chest of drawers, hanging hooks, washbasin and a door to the en-suite loo, where there is a cupboard storing the hot water cylinder
- The bunk room has two porthole windows to the staircase and built in full sized bunks with storage underneath. There is also a small hanging cupboard, a wooden cot and a chair
- The twin bedroom has a bedside table and lamps, chair, linen basket, hanging cupboard and easy chair
- The owners provide travel cot, high chair and baby bath for the convenience of those with babies
- The white wooden gate (there are two steps) leads to the patio where there are several elegant pot plants and a large garden table and chairs and a barbecue
- Bed linen and towels and central heating are provided. If using the travel cot please provide your own bed linen for it.
- Bikes can be stored on the patio. Parking is on the road opposite the cottage
- In consideration of other visitors please do not smoke in the cottage
- A high speed broadband / Wi-fi service is provided.
- The Kings Head - tel. 01394 450271
- The Jolly Sailor - tel. 01394 450243. Please note some rural pubs have closed down in recent months with little or no notice - so please do check the status if this is a criteria for your choice of property
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Nomad Sea Kayaking Nomad Sea Kayaking Adventure
Get active with an adventure sea kayaking experience. See a different view of Suffolk’s waterside landscape and wildlife, on one of these truly memorable tr...
Emma Crowhurst - Private Chef Private chef to cook your dinner
For a truly relaxing holiday, why not treat yourself to a private chef to cook for you. Bespoke dining experiences courtesy of local chef Emma Crowhurst
Big Sky Yoga Private Yoga Session
Relax into your Suffolk holiday with a private yoga session in the comfort of your holiday cottage or garden from leading yoga instructor Angie Lee-Foster.
Ufford Park Health & Spa Two for One Fire and Ice Spa Day at Ufford Park Spa
Treat yourself and a partner to the ultimate indulgent day of relaxation at The Thermal Suite, Ufford Park Spa, plus enjoy 25% discount on treatments.
Cretingham Golf Club Unlimited Golf Packages - Cretingham Golf Club
These fabulous value packages provides unlimited golf for either 3, 5 or 7 days during your holiday. Prices from £65.
- £65.00 - £130.00
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Spicers of Hythe Ltd 20% discount on Hampers of Distinction
A hamper of distinction from Spicers of Hythe adds a little luxury to any occasion. We offer 20% off a beautifully presented hamper of gourmet delights.
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price