Special Offers: Due to a Cancellation 25% off for the dates 15th - 22nd June 2018 at this property
SNAPE 5.5 miles (9km) ALDEBURGH 12 miles (17km) WOODBRIDGE 12 miles (19km) SOUTHWOLD 26 miles (42km) FRAMLINGHAM 13 miles (22km)
Opposite Orford's historic castle, 9 Castle Close has its own access to the castle path and to the castle grounds. A modern holiday home, the cottage has been superbly finished with three bedrooms and three bathrooms - perfect for a group of adults or larger family. There is a beautifully finished kitchen and large living room. Just a minute's walk from the Market Hill, Pump Street Bakery, The Crown and Castle (Trinity Restaurant), the Kings Head, the Butley Orford Oysterage and Orford Village Stores you can forget about your car during your stay. The estuary and the sea are just a 5-minute walk from the cottage.
The Property: Fully refurbished in the last year, 9 Castle Close is in a sunny location amidst landscaped gardens with french doors opening onto the south west facing terrace; perfect for any time of year, the house has full central heating with underfloor heating in the bathrooms.
With lovely bedrooms and new bathrooms, 9 Castle Close has been designed with comfort and relaxation in mind. There is a large, well equipped utility/laundry room. Downstairs the living room is open plan with a large dining table and comfortable sofas. Doors lead out to the rear garden. Perfect for all the family the TV has both Freesat and Playstation 2; there is an iPod dock and games. The kitchen is very well equipped and there is a second sitting room which can be used for quiet reading or to accommodate a couple of extra guests (please call if sofa bed required). There is a ground floor shower room with wash basin and w.c., heated towel rail. There is even a large dog bed - nothing has been forgotten.
The Grounds: Planting to the front, the well sheltered back garden includes a large patio and soft planting. Garden furniture and bbq on the terrace.The garden is full fenced. A gate leads from the garden to the castle fields and path to the village recreation ground where there is a large playing field, tennis courts and a children's play area with swings etc Hot tub hire is available at 9 Castle Close. Please contact for details.
Sleeps 6 (plus 2): In one king, one double and 2 singles. There is a sofa bed in the second sitting room which can be used as a bed (request at time of booking).
This property is ideal for: With an en suite bathroom and two further shower rooms 9 Castle Close would be great for two or three couples who want to make the most of the fantastic facilities of Orford (see Eating Out) or a couple with children (young or teenage). Babies are welcome - there is both a cot and a high chair. One or even two well behaved dogs are welcome (please see Rules for taking your dog) and there is a dog bed in the hall. The rear garden is fenced (please ensure the back gate is kept closed). Lovely walks from the house.
With a garage for bike storage and a designated parking space for your car (there is further unreserved parking close by).
Minimum hire: Three nights; except in high season when it is a week. Friday changeover in High Season.
Self-catering eating and drinking: Grocery deliveries are available and there is a great selection of catering options for your stay at 9 Castle Close. Pinney's of Orford have grown oysters at Butley Creek since the 1950s and their smoke house supplies mouth-watering freshly smoked fish every day, whilst Brinkleys fresh fish shed by Orford quay is the place to buy freshly caught fish - great on the bbq!
There is Orford General Stores stocking all the essentials and more, the staff are friendly and really helpful - just what you need on holiday. The smell of fresh-baked bread drifting on the breeze from just across the road will surely lead you to the excellent Pump Street Bakery, purveyors of fantastic artisan bread, made by hand, using traditional methods and natural ingredients.
Entertainment: The Property includes TV with Freesat, iPod dock, and games as well as an eclectic library of books.
Eating out: The Butley Orford Oysterage. The Butley Orford Oysterage, in Orford's pretty Market Hill, was opened by the Pinney family forty years ago and remains a family business. In a relaxed bistro atmosphere, they serve fish and seafood caught daily from their boats and smoked fish from their smokehouse in Butley Creek. The Crown & Castle, Orford, co-owned by broadcaster and presenter, Ruth Watson, the Crown and Castle has an excellent lively restaurant which has 2 AA rosettes and a Michelin bib gourmand in recognition of its excellent, locally sourced food.
The Kings Head This historic 13th Century pub combines all the atmosphere of a traditional inn with great real ales, classic pub lunch favourites and a more traditional evening menu.
Come and enjoy 9 Castle Close. For more information on the local area, please see our online guide, Visit Orford.
- Sleeps 6
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Well-behaved pets allowed
- WiFi available
- Friday changeover
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Travel cot
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- No smoking
- Enclosed garden
- Nearest pub 2 miles
- Ground floor bathroom
- A covered porch with space for boots leads through to the large hall with sideboard, stool dog bed and stairs to 1st floor.
- To the right of the hall is a shower room with shower, wash basin, w.c. and heated towel rail
- To the left is the second sitting room with a sofa (pulls out to make small double, coffee table, hooks for coats, wi fi
- There is a spacious living room with with two armchairs, 2 3 seater sofas, dining table and six chairs, books. There is electric log effect stove, iPod doc, TV with Freesat and Playstation 2, floor lamp, visitor leaflets and games.
- Fully fitted kitchen with 4 ring electric hob, dishwasher, oven, microwave, fridge, 4 slice toaster, kettle and slow cooker
- An easy staircase with one handrail leads to the first floor
- The master bedroom is light and airy with large window looking out towards the castle fields. It has a king sized bed, bedside units and lamps, a chest of drawers and large fitted wardrobe. A door leads to the en suite bathroom with shower, wash basin, w.c. and heated towel rail.
- The second double bedroom has a double bed, bedside drawer units and lamps, full length mirror and wardrobe. There are views of Orford Castle.
- The twin bedroom has two single beds, a bedside table and lamp, full length mirror and built in wardrobe with hanging space
- The owners provide travel cot, high chair for the convenience of those with babies
- The family bathroom has a bath with overhead shower, wash basin, w.c. and heated towel rail.
- The utility room includes a sink, small freezer, iron and steamer, ironing board, washing machine and tumble dryer, cot and cleaning equipment. There is a single bed in the eaves area with bedside table and lamp
- There is a designated parking space for 1 car and further visitor parking on a first come first served basis. Additional parking on the road outside.
- The rear garden is fenced and gated. There is a large patio area with table and chairs, bbq. The remainder of the garden has flower beds with a variety of cottage planting and shrubs. A gate leads from the rear garden to Orford Castle and the recreation ground
- Bed linen and towels and central heating are provided. If using the travel cot please provide your own bed linen for it.
- Bikes can be stored in the garage. There is a designated parking space for 1 car and further visitor parking on a first come first served basis. Additional parking on the road outside.
- In consideration of other visitors please do not smoke in the cottage
- A wi-fi service is provided.
- The Kings Head - tel. 01394 450271
- The Jolly Sailor - tel. 01394 450243. Please note some rural pubs have closed down in recent months with little or no notice - so please do check the status if this is a criteria for your choice of property
- This property has Sammy's Seal of Approval for being a family friendly property.
The peace and quiet at Well Cottage was a big plus.Mrs B M Craig - 29th April 2018
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Cretingham Golf Club Unlimited Golf Packages - Cretingham Golf Club
These fabulous value packages provides unlimited golf for either 3, 5 or 7 days during your holiday. Prices from £65.
- £65.00 - £130.00
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Spicers of Hythe Ltd 20% discount on Hampers of Distinction
A hamper of distinction from Spicers of Hythe adds a little luxury to any occasion. We offer 20% off a beautifully presented hamper of gourmet delights.
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Open Top Touring Classic Sports Car Hire & Tour
Take in the sights of Suffolk in true style with a day’s self-drive tour in a open top classic sports car. Prices from £135 to £155.
Dineindulge Dineindulge - private dining service
Enjoy private dining in the comfort of your holiday property. Dineindulge offer a personal chef service with restaurant quality cuisine from only £25 per perso...