Reduced Occupancy Offer - This listing is for 6+2 people, using 5 bedrooms only. For full use of the house, please see ref: SFOO10 where 109 Front Street can be booked for 10 people.
From nothing more than a brief glance at 109 Front Street you might assume that this is simply a beautifully presented traditional village cottage, but take a step or two along the gravel drive and you will see the true extent and attractiveness of this new conversion. The sitting room retains all the comfort and cosiness of a bygone age with attractive beams and hidden cupboards, whilst the kitchen and dining room have been furnished in a truly contemporary style. A large rear garden, games room and off street parking for 2 cars makes 109 Front Street the perfect base for a wonderful self-catering holiday for all the family.
SNAPE 5.5 miles (9 km) ALDEBURGH 12 miles (17 km) WOODBRIDGE 12 miles (19 km) SOUTHWOLD 26 miles (42 km) FRAMLINGHAM 13 miles (22 km)
About the property: In the centre of the coastal village of Orford, the cottage has been beautifully extended to accommodate parties of up to 8. Young or old this is a wonderful self-catering property for all the family. The traditional beamed sitting room occupies the full width of the house and includes a log burning stove, comfortable sofa and armchairs and a variety of board games. The kitchen dining room is vast. Newly fitted there is a dining table to seat at least 10 people, large range master cooker and larder, fridge freezer as well as all the gadgetry required by the keen cook. Upstairs bedrooms are accessed by two staircases (one quite narrow) and are situated within the original part of the house and there are two newly refurbished bathrooms, one en suite to the master bedroom. Downstairs is a further bedroom with access to the cloakroom in the hall.
Outside: The garden is fully fenced with a 5 bar gate separating the garden from the drive and the road. Children will love the trampoline and the super games room where there is a full sized pool table, a large wall mounted TV and bean bags. There is also a sink, fridge, and tea/coffee making facilities. The patio area has a table and chairs.
This property is ideal for: Within 200 yards of the recreation ground children will love the well equipped playground and playing field. Just a short stroll from Orford's attractive quay, with its constant attraction of small sailing crafts and yachts, and boat trips to Havergate Island and Orford Ness, there is lots to do and see whatever your age or interest.
Perhaps one of the most attractive coastal villages on the East coast, Orford retains both a fascinating 12th century castle and church. Well provided with village shop, bakery, butcher, a fresh fish stall, craft shops, excellent restaurants and traditional pubs everything is on your doorstep.
On the banks of the Ore, Orford is protected from the sea by a fascinating shingle bank, Orford Ness, which runs from Aldeburgh to the sea. Accessible by ferry, Orford Ness is now managed by the National Trust; here you can find out about this strange and ever changing landscape, the many ground nesting and sea birds nesting here or trace the mysterious history of the area's war time occupation both for secret development of radar and munitions and in the defence of Britain. From Orford Quay one can take a boat trip to Havergate Island, the first RSPB reserve and home of the avocet.
Orford is within easy access of both Snape and the Snape Maltings Concert Hall and the seaside town of Aldeburgh, where the Aldeburgh Festival began life some fifty years ago.
The market town of Woodbridge is within half an hours drive along pleasant rural lanes and has plenty of interesting historic buildings, galleries, a quayside theatre and restaurant, a picturesque river walk and a great selection of pubs and tearooms.
Eating In: The Orford General Stores stocks almost everything and the staff are friendly and really helpful. The award winning Pump Street Bakery, with an amazing and tempting selection of pastries and artisan bread, made by hand, using traditional methods and natural ingredients is just round the corner. Alternatively, the nearest Waitrose and Tesco are 10 miles away in Saxmundham and will deliver to this address.
Eating out: There are two fine pubs - The King's Headand The Jolly Sailor- and two great restaurants - The Trinity at The Crown & Castle and The Butley Orford Oysterage- within a short walk of 109. A short drive away, cycle ride, or 2 mile walk across fields, is the village of Chillesford and The Froize Inn, which is rustic, charming and has an excellent menu.
For lots of information on the area please look at our own online guide Visit Orford.
- Sleeps 6
- 2 Bathrooms
- 1 Well-behaved pet allowed
- WiFi available
- Open fire/woodburner
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Travel cot
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- No smoking
- Nearest shop 0.1 mile
- Nearest pub 0.1 mile
- 0.1 mile from the coast
- Ground floor bedroom
- The covered porch opens into a good sized tiled hall with a church pew seat and large walk-in cupboards for coats, boots and pushchairs. A children's cricket set for use in the garden or on the nearby playing field
- A cloakroom with w.c. and washbasin
- A bedroom with full sized single bed and further pull out bed, bedside cabinet and lamp, chair and table, electric piano.
- Double width sitting room with sofa, armchairs, coffee tables, log burning stove, BT TV, DVD and Nintendo Wii and cupboards with board games and children's toys, and books on the local area including Sammy the Suffolk Seal. A door leads to a narrow staircase to the master bedroom.
- The large tiled kitchen is fully fitted and includes a butler's sink, large Rangemaster cooker with double oven and five rings, a Rangemaster larder style fridge freezer, toaster, cafeterie, built in microwave, dishwasher, electric whisk and an excellent selection of cooking utensils and equipment. There is plenty of storage space in the cupboard. There are skylights and bi fold doors to the patio so there is a real sense of light and air in this large family room. A large refectory dining table with upholstered benches, and chairs for 10 or more guests finishes the room and makes dining with friends a delight. Folding doors lead out to the patio
- There is a separate utility room with storage cupboards, sink, iron and ironing board and a washer / dryer.
- Bedroom 1 with double bed, bedside cupboards and lamps, chest of drawers and mirror, wash basin, a fitted cupboard with hanging space and a feature fireplace. A wooden staircase leads up to an attic bedroom with mattress and bedside light, limited head height making it suitable for a child or teenager.
- The Master bedroom has a double bed with bedside tables and lamps, built in cupboard with hanging space and shelving, chest of drawers and door to En suite bathroom with bath with overhead shower, two wash basins, w.c. and heated towel rail. A door leads from the master bedroom to a narrow staircase to the sitting room. This bedroom can also be accessed via the main staircase.
- Bedroom 3 is a spacious 2 x single bedroom with bedside table, storage cupboard, hanging hooks and mirror.
- The family bathroom has a large walk in shower, wash basin and w.c. and heated towel rail
- The drive has parking space for two cars and is separated from the garden by a 5-bar gate.
- Bifold doors lead from the dining area to the patio where there is a garden table and chairs.
- Beyond the patio is a large lawned area surrounded by shrub beds. There is a full sized trampoline.
- To one side of the house is a large games room with pool table, large wall mounted TV and bean bags, a great space for the children. The room has the advantage of a small kitchen area with sink, fridge, kettle etc, ideal for preparing bits and pieces for a bbq. There are also two chairs and a side table. Please note, the upstairs rooms in this annex are only to be used by those who have booked the property to sleep 10.
- There is a charcoal barbecue - please provide your own charcoal
- Central heating with additional electric radiators throughout the house.
- There is a log burning stove for which a small supply of logs are provided. Further logs can be purchased from the garage across the road (open Monday to Saturday), or from Orford Stores.
- This property has Sammy's Seal of Approval for being a family friendly property. On your arrival you will find a welcome postcard from Sammy the Suffolk Seal, a Sammy toy for the children to take on adventures and a picture book, Sammy the Suffolk Seal written by local author Lucy Stone with illustrations by Jenny Duke for the children, parents or grandparents to read during your stay - the perfect introduction to the wonders of this region and the places youngsters and families can visit. If you would like your own copy or Sammy toy to take home with you, they can be purchased at the Suffolk Cottage Holidays shop on 152 High Street in Aldeburgh, IP15 5AQ. Or call Suffolk Cottage Holidays on 01394 389 189 to order a copy by post.
- An unlimited broadband / wi fi service is provided. Internet reception can be patchy and the connection provided should NOT be relied on for work use and is unsuitable for games or downloading of films. Please bring connection cables as you may have to attach your laptop to the router.
- If using the travel cot please provide your own bed linen for it.
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Nomad Sea Kayaking Nomad Sea Kayaking Adventure
Get active with an adventure sea kayaking experience. See a different view of Suffolk’s waterside landscape and wildlife, on one of these truly memorable tr...
Emma Crowhurst - Private Chef Private chef to cook your dinner
For a truly relaxing holiday, why not treat yourself to a private chef to cook for you. Bespoke dining experiences courtesy of local chef Emma Crowhurst
Big Sky Yoga Private Yoga Session
Relax into your Suffolk holiday with a private yoga session in the comfort of your holiday cottage or garden from leading yoga instructor Angie Lee-Foster.
Ufford Park Health & Spa Two for One Fire and Ice Spa Day at Ufford Park Spa
Treat yourself and a partner to the ultimate indulgent day of relaxation at The Thermal Suite, Ufford Park Spa, plus enjoy 25% discount on treatments.
Cretingham Golf Club Unlimited Golf Packages - Cretingham Golf Club
These fabulous value packages provides unlimited golf for either 3, 5 or 7 days during your holiday. Prices from £65.
- £65.00 - £130.00
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Spicers of Hythe Ltd 20% discount on Hampers of Distinction
A hamper of distinction from Spicers of Hythe adds a little luxury to any occasion. We offer 20% off a beautifully presented hamper of gourmet delights.
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price