DescriptionFollowing an outstanding refurbishment of this spacious, comfortable but extremely cosy Orford property, The Stable makes a perfect self catering holiday cottage for all the family. Just yards from the riverbank and Orford's village centre, this fabulous self-catering barn conversion retains the attraction and warmth of its origins.
SNAPE 5.5 miles (9 km), ALDEBURGH 12 miles (17 km), WOODBRIDGE 12 miles (19 km), SOUTHWOLD 26 miles (42 km), FRAMLINGHAM 13 miles (22 km)
Just take a right out of your front door and within seconds you will find yourself on one of the many circular walks which snake their way along the estuary and the coastal salt marshes towards Shingle Street in the south and Aldeburgh in the north.
This Suffolk Cottage Holidays Property: Sympathetically converted from ancient barns, The Stable has living accommodation over two floors with a large open plan living room and very spacious cloakroom on the ground floor, two bedrooms and a family bathroom on the first floor. Ideal for a couple with children, there are twin beds in the second bedroom, it works just as well for two couples with the twin beds pushed together. Downstairs there is plenty of space for outdoor wear and boots.
Outside: There is a large communal grassed area surrounding the barns - perfect for picnics (not dog proof). With so many wonderful walks to be had, many holidaymakers like to bring the dog and with dog bowls and basket provided all the family will enjoy their stay. There is a designated covered parking space for your car and room within this area for under cover bike storage etc.
About the Area: Home of the avocet, the tern and oyster catcher, there is always something wonderful to see in Orford, heart of the Suffolk Coast and Heaths Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Orford is a delightful coastal village, with a fascinating 12th century castle keep, once a major pillar in the defence of the English coast.
Across the estuary (just a 5 minute boat ride away) is Orford Ness (an area of historic and environmental fascination run by the National Trust). A painter's paradise, there are spectacular views along the coast to Aldeburgh to the north and Havergate Island (the first RSPB bird sanctuary) to the south.
Although called a town, Orford has that village feel and size, yet boasts fine cafes, restaurants and lovely pubs. Walkers, bird watchers, cyclists and sailors agree that Orford makes the perfect base. It is a delightful location ideal for everything from a family beach holiday to an historic tour of Suffolk's finest castles and churches.
Nearest pubs are The Jolly Sailor and The Kings Head, both in Orford.
For lots of information about the area go to our own online guide Visit Orford.
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- 1 Well-behaved pet allowed
- WiFi available
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- No smoking
- Nearest shop 0.1 mile
- Nearest pub 0.1 mile
- 0.1 mile from the coast
- The front door opens into the spacious entrance hall with large fitted storage cupboard, coat hooks and shoe storage area and door to
- Spacious cloakroom with washbasin and w.c., heated towel rail
- Large living room with two sofas, coffee table, TV and DVD. The fully fitted kitchen is very well equipped, with oven and hob, dishwasher, washing machine/tumble dryer, microwave and fridge with freezer compartment
- The dining area includes a table and 4 chairs
Stairs lead from the hall to
- Bedroom 1 with superking sized double bed, bedside tables and lamps, hanging cupboard and chest of drawers, easy chair, hair dryer
- Bedroom 2 with twin beds, bedside tables and lamps, wardrobe and chest of drawers
- Bathroom with bath and overhead shower, wash basin and w.c., heated towel rail
- An attractive communal grassed area surrounds the barns with a table and chairs for use by holidaymakers. Please note, this is not accessible directly from The Stable but just a short walk round the end of the adjacent barn. It is not fenced and dogs should not be left unattended here. There is a footpath close to the property, leading to the sea wall, perfect for dog walking.
- There is private parking for one car, additional parking in the street
- Electric central heating throughout, bed linen and towels are provided. Please bring your own beach towels. A wi fi service is provided
- In consideration of other visitors, please do not smoke in the property
- The Kings Head - tel. 01394 450271
- The Jolly Sailor - tel. 01394 450243. Please note some rural pubs have closed down in recent months with little or no notice - so please do check the status if this is a criterion for your choice of property
- There is under cover designated parking for one car where there is also space for bike storage.
The location was perfect - handy for local shops and the quay. A really well equipped property, with a high standard of furnishings and equipment. Mrs Christine Besanko - 8th September 2018
Really stylish and wonderful bedlinen.Mrs Anna Wolfenden - 23rd September 2017
We had a very memorable Christmas week at The Stable in Orford.Â It was very well equipped, warm and cosy and a perfect location for exploring and walking around the Suffolk coastline.ÂA previous customer - 28th December 2014
We have just got back from a week in The Stable. We had a lovely week in a lovely cottage and even got an amazing view of both a Hen Harrier and three owls over the marshes!Â Thank you for supplying such a lovely holiday retreat. We will be back.A previous customer - 26th February 2014
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Discover Newmarket Discover Newmarket Tours
Once the sporting playground of royalty, the historic home of horseracing celebrates a heritage dating back over 350 years. The area has loads to offer with Dis...
Nomad Sea Kayaking Nomad Sea Kayaking Adventure
Get active with an adventure sea kayaking experience. See a different view of Suffolk’s waterside landscape and wildlife, on one of these truly memorable tr...
Big Sky Yoga Private Yoga Session
Relax into your Suffolk holiday with a private yoga session in the comfort of your holiday cottage or garden from leading yoga instructor Angie Lee-Foster.
Ufford Park Health & Spa Two for One Fire and Ice Spa Day at Ufford Park Spa
Treat yourself and a partner to the ultimate indulgent day of relaxation at The Thermal Suite, Ufford Park Spa, plus enjoy 25% discount on treatments.
Cretingham Golf Club Unlimited Golf Packages - Cretingham Golf Club
We are delighted to be able to bring you this exclusive offer from one of the county’s most picturesque golf courses. The 18-hole parkland course is...
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Spicers of Hythe Ltd 20% discount on Hampers of Distinction
A hamper of distinction from Spicers of Hythe adds a little luxury to any occasion. We offer 20% off a beautifully presented hamper of gourmet delights.
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price