Special Offers: Last minute discount! 10% off bookings starting within 14 days (may not apply in conjunction with other offers)
Following an outstanding refurbishment of this spacious, comfortable but extremely cosy Orford property, The Stable makes a perfect self-catering holiday cottage for all the family. Just yards from the riverbank and Orford's village centre, this fabulous self-catering barn conversion retains the attraction and warmth of its origins. Just take a right out of your front door and within seconds you will find yourself on one of the many circular walks which snake their way along the estuary and the coastal salt marshes towards Shingle Street in the south and Aldeburgh in the north.
Sympathetically converted from ancient barns, The Stable has living accommodation over two floors with a large open plan living room and very spacious cloakroom on the ground floor, two bedrooms and a family bathroom on the first floor. Ideal for a couple with children, there are twin beds in the second bedroom, it works just as well for two couples with the twin beds pushed together. Downstairs there is plenty of space for outdoor wear and boots. Shop: 200 yards, Pub: 200 yards.
Why we love this property: Thoughtfully furnished by the owners, The Stable provides all you could need for a relaxing holiday in Suffolk.
Open plan room with Sitting area: 2 sofas, coffee table, TV and DVD player, Kitchen/Dining area: Fully fitted with oven, hob, dishwasher, washer/dryer, microwave, fridge with icebox and table and chairs for 4.
Cloakroom: W.c., basin and heated towel rail.
Bedroom 1: Superking bed, built in wardrobe, chest of drawers, easy chair and Juliet balcony.
Bedroom 2: Twin beds, wardrobe and chest of drawers.
Family Bathroom: Bath with overhead shower, w.c., basin and heated towel rail.
Outside: An attractive communal grassed area surrounds the barns with a table and chairs for use by holidaymakers. Please note, this is not accessible directly from The Stable but just a short walk round the end of the adjacent barn. It is not fenced and dogs should not be left unattended here. There is a footpath close to the property, leading to the sea wall, perfect for dog walking.
Parking: Off-street parking for 1 car.
Heating: Electric central heating.
Notes: Wifi, bed linen and towels provided.
Orford is an attractive small town, dominated by the remains of a 12th Century castle keep - you may like to climb to the top to enjoy the panoramic views over the town and marshes. It is also famous for Orford Ness National Nature Reserve and Havergate Island, both a delight for ornithologists and nature lovers. Sailing and boat trips are available on the River Ore, with country walks in Rendlesham Forest. It is only nine miles from the beach at Aldeburgh, with the historic towns of Framlingham and Woodbridge and the world-famous Snape Maltings Concert Hall also within easy reach.
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- 1 Well-behaved pet allowed
- WiFi available
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- No smoking
- Nearest shop 0.1 mile
- Nearest pub 0.1 mile
- 0.1 mile from the coast
- The front door opens into the spacious entrance hall with large fitted storage cupboard, coat hooks and shoe storage area and door to
- Spacious cloakroom with washbasin and w.c., heated towel rail
- Large living room with two sofas, coffee table, TV and DVD. The fully fitted kitchen is very well equipped, with oven and hob, dishwasher, washing machine/tumble dryer, microwave and fridge with freezer compartment
- The dining area includes a table and 4 chairs
Stairs lead from the hall to
- Bedroom 1 with superking sized double bed, bedside tables and lamps, hanging cupboard and chest of drawers, easy chair, hair dryer
- Bedroom 2 with twin beds, bedside tables and lamps, wardrobe and chest of drawers
- Bathroom with bath and overhead shower, wash basin and w.c., heated towel rail
- An attractive communal grassed area surrounds the barns with a table and chairs for use by holidaymakers. Please note, this is not accessible directly from The Stable but just a short walk round the end of the adjacent barn. It is not fenced and dogs should not be left unattended here. There is a footpath close to the property, leading to the sea wall, perfect for dog walking.
- There is private parking for one car, additional parking in the street
- Electric central heating throughout, bed linen and towels are provided. Please bring your own beach towels. A wi fi service is provided
- In consideration of other visitors, please do not smoke in the property
- The Kings Head - tel. 01394 450271
- The Jolly Sailor - tel. 01394 450243. Please note some rural pubs have closed down in recent months with little or no notice - so please do check the status if this is a criterion for your choice of property
- There is under cover designated parking for one car where there is also space for bike storage.
The location was perfect - handy for local shops and the quay. A really well equipped property, with a high standard of furnishings and equipment. Mrs Christine Besanko - 8th September 2018
Really stylish and wonderful bedlinen.Mrs Anna Wolfenden - 23rd September 2017
We had a very memorable Christmas week at The Stable in Orford.Â It was very well equipped, warm and cosy and a perfect location for exploring and walking around the Suffolk coastline.ÂA previous customer - 28th December 2014
We have just got back from a week in The Stable. We had a lovely week in a lovely cottage and even got an amazing view of both a Hen Harrier and three owls over the marshes!Â Thank you for supplying such a lovely holiday retreat. We will be back.A previous customer - 26th February 2014
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Discover Newmarket Discover Newmarket Tours
Once the sporting playground of royalty, the historic home of horseracing celebrates a heritage dating back over 350 years. The area has loads to offer with Dis...
Nomad Sea Kayaking Nomad Sea Kayaking Adventure
Get active with an adventure sea kayaking experience. See a different view of Suffolk’s waterside landscape and wildlife, on one of these truly memorable tr...
Big Sky Yoga Private Yoga Session
Relax into your Suffolk holiday with a private yoga session in the comfort of your holiday cottage or garden from leading yoga instructor Angie Lee-Foster.
Ufford Park Health & Spa Two for One Fire and Ice Spa Day at Ufford Park Spa
Treat yourself and a partner to the ultimate indulgent day of relaxation at The Thermal Suite, Ufford Park Spa, plus enjoy 25% discount on treatments.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Spicers of Hythe Ltd 20% discount on Hampers of Distinction
A hamper of distinction from Spicers of Hythe adds a little luxury to any occasion. We offer 20% off a beautifully presented hamper of gourmet delights.
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price