- £611 per week
- £87 per night
- 4 Guests
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- 1 Pet
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 king/super-king bed
- 2 single beds
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- 1 bathroom
- 1 WC
- Towels provided
- Family friendly
- Private parking
- Ground floor WC
Following an outstanding refurbishment of this spacious, comfortable but extremely cosy Orford property, The Stable makes a perfect self-catering holiday cottage for all the family. Just yards from the riverbank and Orford's village centre, this fabulous self-catering barn conversion retains the attraction and warmth of its origins. Just take a right out of your front door and within seconds you will find yourself on one of the many circular walks which snake their way along the estuary and the coastal salt marshes towards Shingle Street in the south and Aldeburgh in the north.
Sympathetically converted from ancient barns, The Stable has living accommodation over two floors with a large open plan living room and very spacious cloakroom on the ground floor, two bedrooms and a family bathroom on the first floor. Ideal for a couple with children, there are twin beds in the second bedroom, it works just as well for two couples with the twin beds pushed together. Downstairs there is plenty of space for outdoor wear and boots. Shop: 200 yards, Pub: 200 yards.
Why we love this property: Thoughtfully furnished by the owners, The Stable provides all you could need for a relaxing holiday in Suffolk.
Open plan room with Sitting area: 2 sofas, coffee table, TV and DVD player, Kitchen/Dining area: Fully fitted with oven, hob, dishwasher, washer/dryer, microwave, fridge with icebox and table and chairs for 4.
Cloakroom: W.c., basin and heated towel rail.
Bedroom 1: Superking bed, built in wardrobe, chest of drawers, easy chair and Juliet balcony.
Bedroom 2: Twin beds, wardrobe and chest of drawers.
Family Bathroom: Bath with overhead shower, w.c., basin and heated towel rail.
Outside: An attractive communal grassed area surrounds the barns with a table and chairs for use by holidaymakers. Please note, this is not accessible directly from The Stable but just a short walk round the end of the adjacent barn. It is not fenced and dogs should not be left unattended here. There is a footpath close to the property, leading to the sea wall, perfect for dog walking.
Parking: Off-street parking for 1 car.
Heating: Electric central heating.
Notes: Wifi, bed linen and towels provided.
Orford is an attractive small town, dominated by the remains of a 12th Century castle keep - you may like to climb to the top to enjoy the panoramic views over the town and marshes. It is also famous for Orford Ness National Nature Reserve and Havergate Island, both a delight for ornithologists and nature lovers. Sailing and boat trips are available on the River Ore, with country walks in Rendlesham Forest. It is only nine miles from the beach at Aldeburgh, with the historic towns of Framlingham and Woodbridge and the world-famous Snape Maltings Concert Hall also within easy reach.
- The front door opens into the spacious entrance hall with large fitted storage cupboard, coat hooks and shoe storage area and door to
- Spacious cloakroom with washbasin and w.c., heated towel rail
- Large living room with two sofas, coffee table, TV and DVD. The fully fitted kitchen is very well equipped, with oven and hob, dishwasher, washing machine/tumble dryer, microwave and fridge with freezer compartment
- The dining area includes a table and 4 chairs
Stairs lead from the hall to
- Bedroom 1 with superking sized double bed, bedside tables and lamps, hanging cupboard and chest of drawers, easy chair, hair dryer
- Bedroom 2 with twin beds, bedside tables and lamps, wardrobe and chest of drawers
- Bathroom with bath and overhead shower, wash basin and w.c., heated towel rail
- An attractive communal grassed area surrounds the barns with a table and chairs for use by holidaymakers. Please note, this is not accessible directly from The Stable but just a short walk round the end of the adjacent barn. It is not fenced and dogs should not be left unattended here. There is a footpath close to the property, leading to the sea wall, perfect for dog walking.
- There is private parking for one car, additional parking in the street
- Electric central heating throughout, bed linen and towels are provided. Please bring your own beach towels. A wi fi service is provided
- In consideration of other visitors, please do not smoke in the property
- The Kings Head - tel. 01394 450271
- The Jolly Sailor - tel. 01394 450243. Please note some rural pubs have closed down in recent months with little or no notice - so please do check the status if this is a criterion for your choice of property
- There is under cover designated parking for one car where there is also space for bike storage.
Perfect for walks, relaxing area, peaceful village, wonderful sea food nearby.
The location was perfect - handy for local shops and the quay. A really well equipped property, with a high standard of furnishings and equipment.