- £686 per week
- £98 per night
- 4 Guests
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- No Pets
- Open fire or woodburner
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 king/super-king bed
- 2 single Zip&Link beds
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- 2 bathrooms
- Towels provided
- En-suite bathroom
- Family friendly
- Travel cot
- Private parking
Hidden behind an old high brick wall, this charming property in the very centre of Orford is perfectly positioned. Wing Cottage is a holiday home that has been blessed with fine views of the village of Orford. From this self-catering cottage, you can see the estuary and the sea, and from its garden, there are uninterrupted and close up views of Orford Castle. Outside you’ll find a terrace with an outdoor table, chairs and a parasol, a large lawn, and a long private drive with space for 2 cars which provides a wonderful amount of private outside space. Entirely fenced, the garden is great for children who want to play outside.
With sumptuous bedrooms and spacious bathrooms, including an ensuite with a large walk-in shower and a large family bathroom, Wing Cottage has been designed with absolute comfort and relaxation in mind. Downstairs the living area is open plan with a superbly finished kitchen and breakfast bar, large dining area and sitting room with a log burning stove and a door to the garden, along with a nice separate study if you have some important emails to catch up on. All fittings are new and every effort has been taken to make life easy. Farrow and Ball paintwork, Jim Lawrence lamps, some great quirky individual pieces to amuse, and furniture designed for comfort is a priority throughout. Although Wing Cottage offers a fantastic kitchen, Orford is home to some great pubs and restaurants including The Jolly Sailor, should you wish to eat out.
Shop: 2 Min Walk Pub: 2 Min Walk
Why We Love This Property: It’s hard to choose what we love most about Wing Cottage, but the open plan living space is a real winner. With a stunning wood burner, breakfast bar and beautiful soft furnishings, this area is the pinnacle of cosy.
Front door leads to hall with door to inner hall with coat hooks and boot rack
- The sitting room, dining room and kitchen are open plan
- The sitting room has two sofas, easy chair, coffee tables, lamps and log burning stove. Smart TV, with 3D, has a full free view package and is Sky ready (holidaymakers may bring their own Sky box in order to watch their full choice of Sky channels).
- The dining room has a dining table and four chairs (two further chairs are available) and sideboard. Integrated iPod dock, radio and cd player. Breakfast bar with stools.
- Fully fitted kitchen with hob and electric oven, cooker hood, dishwasher, fridge and freezer, toaster, microwave, kettle, food processor, water softener
- Laundry room with washing machine and tumble dryer, iron and ironing board
- Study with table and chair, wi fi and bookcase with novels and local interest books, local guides, a selection of DVDs etc
A wide staircase with bannister leads to the 1st floor
- Bedroom 1: A king sized bed, bedside tables, large walk-in hanging cupboard, chest of drawers, wall mirror, armchair and occasional table, hairdryer. There is a TV point and an upstairs TV with full free view package. The en-suite shower room includes a large walk in shower with rain forest shower and hand held shower, wash basin and w.c., heated towel rail.
- Bedroom 2: Zip and link single beds - holidaymakers can choose to have the beds made up as a super king or two singles (please state your preference at the time of booking), bedside tables and lamps, chest of drawers, large wardrobe, armchair and occasional table, hairdryer. a TV with full free view package and DVD
- There is a separate w.c. with wash basin
- Family bathroom with bath, large walk in shower with rain forest shower and hand held shower, wash basin and w.c., heated towel rail and underfloor heating
- There is a large private garden with terrace with all table and 6 chairs, parasol and gas bbq. The remainder of the garden includes a large lawned area, planted borders with shrubs, herbs and cottage planting. A path leads down from the garden to the drive where there is turning space and parking for 2 cars.
- Electric radiators throughout; log burning stove in the sitting room (a supply of logs is provided)
- Non-allergic duvets and pillows, 600 TC bed linen and luxury towels provided. Please bring your own beach towels
- Fibre optic unlimited Wifi provided.
- Private parking in the drive
- In consideration of other holidaymakers please do not smoke in the house
- Travel cot, high chair, changing mat, baby bath, bottle steriliser, baby alarm, bed sides for toddler, fitted stair gate provided at top of stairs Please bring own bedding for the travel cot
- The Kings Head - tel. 01394 450271
- The Jolly Sailor - tel. 01394 450243. Please note several rural pubs have closed down in recent months with little or no notice - so please do check the status if this is a criterion for your choice of property.
lovely position and quiet. Easy access to surrounding district
A great company. Very easy to book and flexible when we had to change dates. The property is in excellent condition and the lovely little town of Orford is friendly and very well served with several high-quality places to eat and excellent pub grub. A perfect location from which to explore the many places of interest in the area, especially National Trust .and English Heritage (particularly Orford Ness and Castle).
A very well equipped, comfortable cottage in a great location
Excellent accommodation, very well situated to visit the county of Suffolk. Excellent service, execellent accomodation, beautiful part of England, would recommend this area for a very relaxing stay.