Special Offers: Last minute discount! 10% off bookings starting within 14 days (may not apply in conjunction with other offers)
Hidden behind an old high brick wall, this charming property in the very centre of Orford is perfectly positioned. Wing Cottage is a holiday home that has been blessed with fine views of the village of Orford. From this self-catering cottage, you can see the estuary and the sea, and from its garden, there are uninterrupted and close up views of Orford Castle. Outside you’ll find a terrace with an outdoor table, chairs and a parasol, a large lawn, and a long private drive with space for 2 cars which provides a wonderful amount of private outside space. Entirely fenced, the garden is great for children who want to play outside.
With sumptuous bedrooms and spacious bathrooms, including an ensuite with a large walk-in shower and a large family bathroom, Wing Cottage has been designed with absolute comfort and relaxation in mind. Downstairs the living area is open plan with a superbly finished kitchen and breakfast bar, large dining area and sitting room with a log burning stove and a door to the garden, along with a nice separate study if you have some important emails to catch up on. All fittings are new and every effort has been taken to make life easy. Farrow and Ball paintwork, Jim Lawrence lamps, some great quirky individual pieces to amuse, and furniture designed for comfort is a priority throughout. Although Wing Cottage offers a fantastic kitchen, Orford is home to some great pubs and restaurants including The Jolly Sailor, should you wish to eat out.
Shop: 2 Min Walk Pub: 2 Min Walk
Why We Love This Property: It’s hard to choose what we love most about Wing Cottage, but the open plan living space is a real winner. With a stunning wood burner, breakfast bar and beautiful soft furnishings, this area is the pinnacle of cosy.
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- No pets
- WiFi available
- Open fire/woodburner
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Travel cot
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- No smoking
- Nearest shop 0.1 mile
- Nearest pub 0.1 mile
- 0.1 mile from the coast
Front door leads to hall with door to inner hall with coat hooks and boot rack
- The sitting room, dining room and kitchen are open plan
- The sitting room has two sofas, easy chair, coffee tables, lamps and log burning stove. Smart TV, with 3D, has a full free view package and is Sky ready (holidaymakers may bring their own Sky box in order to watch their full choice of Sky channels).
- The dining room has a dining table and four chairs (two further chairs are available) and sideboard. Integrated iPod dock, radio and cd player. Breakfast bar with stools.
- Fully fitted kitchen with hob and electric oven, cooker hood, dishwasher, fridge and freezer, toaster, microwave, kettle and Nespresso coffee machine, food processor, water softener
- Laundry room with washing machine and tumble dryer, iron and ironing board
- Study with table and chair, wi fi and bookcase with novels and local interest books, local guides, a selection of DVDs etc
A wide staircase with bannister leads to the 1st floor
- Bedroom 1: A king sized bed, bedside tables, large walk-in hanging cupboard, chest of drawers, wall mirror, armchair and occasional table, hairdryer. There is a TV point and an upstairs TV with full free view package. The en-suite shower room includes a large walk in shower with rain forest shower and hand held shower, wash basin and w.c., heated towel rail.
- Bedroom 2: Zip and link single beds - holidaymakers can choose to have the beds made up as a super king or two singles (please state your preference at the time of booking), bedside tables and lamps, chest of drawers, large wardrobe, armchair and occasional table, hairdryer. a TV with full free view package and DVD
- There is a separate w.c. with wash basin
- Family bathroom with bath, large walk in shower with rain forest shower and hand held shower, wash basin and w.c., heated towel rail and underfloor heating
- There is a large private garden with terrace with all table and 6 chairs, parasol and gas bbq. The remainder of the garden includes a large lawned area, planted borders with shrubs, herbs and cottage planting. A path leads down from the garden to the drive where there is turning space and parking for 2 cars.
- Electric radiators throughout; log burning stove in the sitting room (a supply of logs is provided)
- Non-allergic duvets and pillows, 600 TC bed linen and luxury towels provided. Please bring your own beach towels
- Fibre optic unlimited Wifi provided.
- Private parking in the drive
- In consideration of other holidaymakers please do not smoke in the house
- Travel cot, high chair, changing mat, baby bath, bottle steriliser, baby alarm, bed sides for toddler, fitted stair gate provided at top of stairs Please bring own bedding for the travel cot
- The Kings Head - tel. 01394 450271
- The Jolly Sailor - tel. 01394 450243. Please note several rural pubs have closed down in recent months with little or no notice - so please do check the status if this is a criterion for your choice of property.
A great company. Very easy to book and flexible when we had to change dates. The property is in excellent condition and the lovely little town of Orford is friendly and very well served with several high-quality places to eat and excellent pub grub. A perfect location from which to explore the many places of interest in the area, especially National Trust .and English Heritage (particularly Orford Ness and Castle).Mrs C Burchell - 3rd October 2018
A very well equipped, comfortable cottage in a great locationMr Graeme Finnie - 1st October 2018
Excellent accommodation, very well situated to visit the county of Suffolk. Excellent service, execellent accomodation, beautiful part of England, would recommend this area for a very relaxing stay.Mr David Paterson - 8th July 2018
House was lovely. Thank you for helping to ensure grand daughter's very own Sammy Seal toy and book in place at the house for when we arrived. We would like to re visit this particular house again but there are so many other options with your company that we may be tempted by a different property from you next summer.Thelma Bell - 19th July 2017
The location and the accommodation were first class and I would rate it very highly indeed; 5 starsScott P, Buckinghamshire - 8th August 2016
Had the most wonderful stay in a beautiful house. The quality of Wing Cottage will be extremely hard to beat.Joanne R, Norfolk - 12th March 2016
A truly memorable holiday. We have stayed in many cottages in Suffolk and Norfolk, but without doubt Wing Cottage is now top of our list of self-catering homes from home.Maria C, Guildford - 29th December 2015
We have enjoyed our return visit to Wing Cottage. Â All very comfortable and well equipped. Â Good weather and we were able to enjoy the garden.Rodger & Heather W, Wiltshire - 28th May 2015
Wing Cottage surpassed our expectations. Â Extremely well equipped and designed with a real designer's eye, it has been a great base for exploring the local area.Paul and Joyce T, Kent - 24th April 2015
We absolutely loved Wing Cottage - it is definitely one of the very best properties we have stayed in (Suffolk and Norfolk) and we will stay again soon.Marie C, Surrey - 11th August 2014
Tomorrow we leave Wing Cottage and would like to say thank you for another wonderful 10 days.Irene H, London - 28th July 2014
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Discover Newmarket Discover Newmarket Tours
Once the sporting playground of royalty, the historic home of horseracing celebrates a heritage dating back over 350 years. The area has loads to offer with Dis...
Nomad Sea Kayaking Nomad Sea Kayaking Adventure
Get active with an adventure sea kayaking experience. See a different view of Suffolk’s waterside landscape and wildlife, on one of these truly memorable tr...
Big Sky Yoga Private Yoga Session
Relax into your Suffolk holiday with a private yoga session in the comfort of your holiday cottage or garden from leading yoga instructor Angie Lee-Foster.
Ufford Park Health & Spa Two for One Fire and Ice Spa Day at Ufford Park Spa
Treat yourself and a partner to the ultimate indulgent day of relaxation at The Thermal Suite, Ufford Park Spa, plus enjoy 25% discount on treatments.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Spicers of Hythe Ltd 20% discount on Hampers of Distinction
A hamper of distinction from Spicers of Hythe adds a little luxury to any occasion. We offer 20% off a beautifully presented hamper of gourmet delights.
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price