- £500 per week
- £71 per night
- 2 Guests
- 1 Bedroom
- 1 Bathroom
- No Pets
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 king/super-king bed
- Towels provided
- En-suite bathroom
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- Travel cot
- Private parking
Important - Please note
- Check in: 4pm
- Check out: 10am
This traditional Suffolk barn has stunning interiors and is an outstanding get away holiday cottage for two in Sutton.
Looking to escape to the countryside… Sewell Barn is perfect! Discover and explore a rare and wonderful landscape, great for walking, cycling and horse riding… you can even take carriage driving lessons!,
Sewell Barn is on the Broxtead Estate in Suffolk, one of three barns surrounded by a communal lawn, grassland and woodland. Interiors are stylish and contemporary with exposed vaulted beamed ceilings, comfortable sitting room and a free-standing bath. Guests have use of the Suffolk barns with table tennis area and bike storage. This beautiful barn is set in 3,000 acres of meadows, forests and ancient heathand, an area rarely visited by the public so you can ramble to your heart's content. Much of the estate (around 2,000 acres) is managed for the rare heathland flora and fauna, and the Suffolk Wildlife Trust has reintroduced sheep to the heathland to maintain the perfect breeding ground for rare birds such as nightjar and woodlark. Look out for the silver studded blue butterfly, and if you’re lucky you may even hear the nightingales sing.
A rare and fascinating landscape for birdwatchers and naturalists. Just a couple of miles from the Deben estuary and Sutton Hoo, close to the coast.
Pub 15 minute walk, shops in Woodbridge 7 miles, Orford 12 miles, Aldeburgh 23 miles. Close to the coast.
Why we love this property… an amazing couple’s bolthole in an awesome location! Perfect for nature lovers and walkers.
- Living area: sofa, armchairs, flat screen TV, DVD and freeview & Radio. French doors from the sitting room lead out to terrace with table and chairs.
- Dining area: dining table and four chairs.
- Kitchen: fridge with freezer compartment, washing machine/tumble dryer, dishwasher, electric hob and built in oven.
- Bedroom: king sized double bed, bedside cabinets, large wardrobe and dressing table, a chest of drawers and two Lloyd Loom chairs. Door to small balcony.
- Bathroom: roll top bath with hand held shower, wash hand basin, WC.
- Outside: patio with table and chairs. Communal gardens and access to extensive 2000 acre estate with table tennis. Bicycles can be stored in the open cart lodge close to the barn.
- Parking: large gravel parking area close to the barn.
- Minimum hire: 3 nights. High season minimum stay 1 week.
- Pets: sorry, no pets.
- Heating: central heating throughout, underfloor heating on the ground floor and radiators on the first floor.
- Notes: WiFi, linen and towels provided, please bring your own beach towels. Travel cot available, please bring cot bedding. No smoking. Check in: 4pm. Check out: 10am.
- A stable door opens into the living area. The ground floor is open plan and extremely spacious for 2 people
- The sitting room area has a sofa, arm chairs, occasional tables, lamps and unit with flat screen TV, DVD and freeview & Radio. French doors from the sitting room lead out to a patio with table & two chairs
- The dining area has a dining table and four chairs and side table
- The kitchen is fully fitted with built in fridge with freezer compartment, washing machine/tumble dryer, dishwasher, electric hob and built in oven.
- The ground floor is heated by underfloor central heating
- The entire first floor is made over to the bedroom and bathroom.
- The double bedroom has a king sized double bed, bedside cabinets with lamps, a large wardrobe and dressing table, a chest of drawers and two Lloyd Loom chairs.
- A door from the bedroom leads out to a small balcony.
- The en-suite bathroom has a roll top bath with hand held shower, wash basin with Shaver point, w.c. and heated towel rail
- French doors from the sitting room lead out to a terrace with table and chairs. Beyond this is a large area of lawn extending round the three barns which make up Vale Farm Barns
- Beyond the garden is a wooded area and 3,000 acres of heathland, meadows and arable farm - with numerous walks and bridle paths.
- There is a large gravelled parking area close to the barn
- Bicycles can be stored in the open cart lodge close to the barn
- The cottage has central heating throughout, underfloor heating on the ground floor and radiators on the first floor
- Bed linen and towels are provided. Please bring your own beach towels. If using the travel cot, please provide your own bedding for it.
- In consideration of other visitors, please do not smoke in the barn
- Wifi is provided.
- Nearest Pub -The Sorrell Horse, Shottisham Please note some rural pubs have closed down in recent months with little or no notice - so please do check the status if this is a criteria for your choice of property