Special Offers: Last minute discount! 10% off bookings starting within 14 days (may not apply in conjunction with other offers)
With plenty of character features throughout, Box Cottage is thought to date back to around the 18th century. This cosy pet-friendly cottage is nestled within the popular village of Snape close by to the River Alde.
Having recently been renovated, Box Cottage has a lovely modern kitchen and diner which is flooded with natural light and is the perfect space for guests to gather together and enjoy meals. The snug sitting room has comfortable seating surrounding a cream-coloured woodburner encased in a brick fireplace.
Upstairs are two comfortable bedrooms and a modern family bathroom with the added benefit of a bath with an over-bath power shower.
The pretty front garden of the cottage looks towards the Snape Maltings Concert Hall as well as the River Alde and there is also a delightful rear garden which has pretty plants and shrubs and a seating area with garden furniture. From the rear garden gate you can access the parking area which is spacious enough for two cars.
Box Cottage is a fantastic holiday choice for nature lovers, concert goers, walkers and cyclists, with the property perched on an area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Box Cottage is also within easy access of Snape Maltings which a small complex of shops, galleries, cafes and restaurants and also home to various concerts throughout the year. Shop: 300 yards. Pub: 100 yards.
Sitting Room: TV, DVD, brick fireplace with woodburner, painted ceiling beams.
Kitchen/Dining Area: Electric oven and ceramic hob, fridge with freezer compartment, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine, dining table and chairs.
Cloakroom: Washbasin and wc.
Bedroom 1: King size bed.
Bedroom 2: Twin beds.
Bathroom: Bath with over-bath shower, washbasin and wc.
Garden: Lovely enclosed front garden as well as an enclosed rear garden with plants, shrubs and seating area with garden furniture.
Parking: Off-road parking for two cars on a private drive to the rear.
Heating: Electric heating.
Pets: One well-behaved dog welcome.
Notes: Wi-Fi and towels provided.
Snape is best known as the venue for the Aldeburgh Festival and for other events throughout the year held in the Maltings Concert Hall. However, the pretty village, at the head of the tidal estuary, is a popular holiday venue in its own right and central for exploring the unique area of the Suffolk Heritage Coast – the tidal estuary and network of footpaths are one of the most interesting areas of Suffolk for exploring on foot. There is easy access to the fascinating coastal town of Aldeburgh, plus castles and much more to explore at Framlingham and Orford. The burial treasures at Sutton Hoo, near Woodbridge, should not be missed also.
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- 1 Well-behaved pet allowed
- WiFi available
- Open fire/woodburner
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Travel cot
- Washing machine
- No smoking
- Enclosed garden
- Nearest shop 0.1 mile
- Nearest pub 0.1 mile
- 5.5 miles from the coast
- Front door to lobby with door to the sitting room. The beamed sitting room has one sofa, two wicker arm chairs, coffee tables and lamps, a log burning stove, flat screen TV with DVD together with Freeview via the Freesat box, shelving with books, CD player and wifi. Oak floor and seagrass mat, creating a fresh, beachy feel. There is an understair cupboard with coat hooks and plenty of space for shoes etc, a door to a rear lobby which leads to the back door and door to
- Open plan kitchen dining room - a large, bright area with dining table and four chairs. The kitchen has been completely refurbished and has fitted cupboards throughout with an electric oven and ceramic hob, microwave, kettle, washing machine, dishwasher, toaster and cafetiere, fridge with freezer compartment
- The stairs lead directly from the sitting room to the first floor; the stairs are straight and there is a hand rail to one side, open stud work to the other.
- Rear door lobby with a door to the sitting room and to the cloak room with handbasin and w.c.
- Bedroom 1 - Superking double bed with bedside cabinets and lamps, arm chair, wardrobe with hanging space, drawers and shelving, and long mirror
- Bedroom 2 - A twin bedded room with two full sized single beds (with storage drawers underneath), bedside lamps, shelving and a fitted cupboard with hanging space and shelving
- Bathroom - Bath with grab rail and overhead electric shower, washbasin and w.c., heated towel rail and additional towel rail
- There is a gated cottage garden to the front of Box Cottage
- The back door leads to a courtyard garden with garden shed - storage for bikes, walking boots etc and garden bench. A path leads past flower beds to a gravelled patio with table and chairs. There is a further gate to the parking area. The best place to get a mobile signal is at the end of the back garden.
- A private drive at the back of the cottage includes a parking space for visitors to Box Cottage
- Heating by electric storage heaters and multi fuel stove
- Bed linen and towels provided. If using the travel cot, please provide your own bedding for it. There is also an iron and ironing board and hoover.
- Parking for 2 cars in private drive.
- One well behaved dog welcome
- In consideration of other visitors, holidaymakers are asked not to smoke in the cottage
- An unlimited wifi service is provided
- The Plough & Sail - 01728 688413. Please note some rural pubs have closed down in recent months with little or no notice - so please do check the status if this is a criterion for your choice of property
Lovely comfortable cottage. Felt completely at home right away.Mr TERENCE HEATHCOTE - 2nd October 2018
Overall, an excellent property in the perfect location. We were touched by the beautiful selection of local products in the welcome hamper.Ms Haruka Kawaguchi - 12th July 2018
Comfortable cottage in a good location.Chris C, Birmingham - 13th August 2016
Wonderful place and would definitely go back!Ruth S, London - 16th July 2015
Just to say how much we enjoyed our week at Box Cottage in Snape. The cottage was really lovely and so cosy and comfortable. We didn't want to leave and hope to return before too long.Vivian C. - 11th May 2015
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Discover Newmarket Discover Newmarket Tours
Once the sporting playground of royalty, the historic home of horseracing celebrates a heritage dating back over 350 years. The area has loads to offer with Dis...
Nomad Sea Kayaking Nomad Sea Kayaking Adventure
Get active with an adventure sea kayaking experience. See a different view of Suffolk’s waterside landscape and wildlife, on one of these truly memorable tr...
Big Sky Yoga Private Yoga Session
Relax into your Suffolk holiday with a private yoga session in the comfort of your holiday cottage or garden from leading yoga instructor Angie Lee-Foster.
Ufford Park Health & Spa Two for One Fire and Ice Spa Day at Ufford Park Spa
Treat yourself and a partner to the ultimate indulgent day of relaxation at The Thermal Suite, Ufford Park Spa, plus enjoy 25% discount on treatments.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Spicers of Hythe Ltd 20% discount on Hampers of Distinction
A hamper of distinction from Spicers of Hythe adds a little luxury to any occasion. We offer 20% off a beautifully presented hamper of gourmet delights.
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price