Fully refurbished in 2016, Kiwi Cottages, Snape is made up of two separate cottages just a few steps away from one another, surrounded by the delightful Snape countyside and just a short walk or drive from the heart of the village. So perfect for two couples or friends wishing to explore the delights of the Suffolk Coast or simply enjoy the Aldeburgh Festival. Be sure to bring the dogs too and explore the area.
ALDEBURGH 6 miles, ORFORD 7.5 miles, SOUTHWOLD 18 miles, DUNWICH 17 miles WOODBRIDGE 11 miles
About the Property: Kiwi Cottages are set and surrounded by idyllic countryside, so perfect for those wishing for a quiet and relaxing getaway. The stylish and modern interiors at Kakapo Lodge and Tui Cottage are instantly inviting, with personal touches provided to make them a real home from home. Both cottages enjoy the benefit of wood burning stoves, perfect for those winter nights wrapped up with a blanket enjoying a glass of wine, or a good book. In summer, fling open the French doors at both properties and listen to the birdsong.
There is an atmosphere of calm in both properties, which each enjoy a private, fully fenced garden - ideal for al fresco dining together or separately. Both properties also have the benefit of ground floor facilities throughout, perfect for those who may be put off with stairs.
Both Kakapo Lodge and Tui Cottage take their names from New Zealand birds which are part of the owners heritage. Both cottages can also be rented separately.
Parking: Off street parking for 2 - 3 cars.
Sleeps: 4 in 2 kings or 2 twins. Please specify at time of booking. The owners have a very friendly, but elderly labrador called Barney on site.
Setting: Situated just under a two minute drive from Snape you are just a short distance from the village shop, the three fine pubs and of course, the famous Snape Maltings Concert Hall. In fact, keen walkers will enjoy the footpath from outside Kiwi Cottages that leads right down to the village - perfect for those who wish to have a break from driving.
This property is ideal for: Couples or a friends looking to explore the wonders of Snape and the surrounding area. Just 1 mile away is Snape Maltings; a haven for food, shopping, art and culture. The Snape Maltings Concert Hall has an all year round program of music and dance in every genre. Explore and enjoy this Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty by foot, taking in the stunning landscape and wildlife of the River Alde valley. You can also take a relaxing boat trip along the River Alde which ventures down the river to the tiny village of Iken.
With the brilliant seaside town of Aldeburgh and the vibrant market town of Woodbridge nearby, there?s plenty to discover.
Eating and Drinking out: With three local pubs, all of which offer food from fish and chips to gourmet cuisine at The Plough & Sail, you can dine out without having to travel far. Just a 10 minute drive away, Aldeburgh too has some great restaurants, The Regatta and The Lighthouse are both very popular and there is also a good choice of shops selling excellent local produce. The historic fishing town of Orford is situated on the rivers Alde and Ore and well worth a visit for lunch, supper or just to explore. Pinney's of Orford have grown oysters at Butley Creek since the 1950s and their smoke house supplies mouth-watering freshly smoked fish every day. The Crown & Castle, Orford, co-owned by Ruth Watson of TV's The Hotel Inspector fame, offers a wonderful menu, fine wine and enjoys great reviews.
Self Catering: There is a village shop which includes a small off-license and sells daily papers and further down the road at Snape Maltings - look out for The Food Hall - a great deli, specialising in breads and wines and the monthly Farmers' Markets. There are also several good farm shops nearby, including Friday Street Farm Shop on the A1094 just before you get to the A12 and The Farm Cafe and Food Market, Marlesford.
For more information on places to eat and things to do in the area, please take a look at Visit Snape.
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 2 Well-behaved pets allowed
- WiFi available
- Friday changeover
- Open fire/woodburner
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Washing machine
- No smoking
- Enclosed garden
- Nearest shop 1.4 miles
- Nearest pub 1.4 miles
- 5 miles from the coast
- Ground floor bathroom
- Ground floor bedroom
- Entrance to the cottage is via the sliding French doors which open out into the large and light open plan living area.
- Seating area with log burning stove (logs provided), sofa and footstool, side chest, flatscreen TV showing Freesat, side cabinet and floor lamp. Views of the fields beyond.
- Kitchen area with fully fitted cupboards, 4 ring electric hob and oven, fridge, dishwasher, washing machine, microwave, cafetiere, kettle, toaster and adequate storage space. Views of the fields beyond.
- Dining Area with floor lamp, wooden table, two chairs and bench seat seating a total of four.
- A door leads to the Bedroom
- Bedroom with Twin Beds which can be zipped to make a King if requested at the time of booking. Chest of drawers, mirror, side cabinets, lamps, french hooks. A door leads to the En suite.
- En suite bathroom with wc, hand basin, heated town rail, shower cubicle (small step up), wall mounted bathroom cupboard.
- Fully fenced garden with decked area with table and chairs for four. Grassed area perfect for dogs to run around on.
- Kakapo Lodge also has a covered outside porch with a bench, perfect for summer evenings spent watching the sunset over the surrounding fields.
- Entrance to the cottage is via the sliding French doors which open into the bright open plan living area.
- The comfortable Seating Area features a sofa seating two, footstool, log burning stove (logs provided), TV with Freesat, DVD player, side cabinet and floor lamp. All looking out towards the fields beyond.
- The Kitchen is well equipped with crockery, utensils, dishwasher, kettle, toaster, cafetiere, 4 ring electric hob and oven.
- The Dining Area, tucked up right next to the window, features wooden table and two chairs.
- To the left there's a doorway to the Utility Room equipped with washing machine, fridge, iron and ironing board.
- A door leads to the Bedroom. The bedroom has twin beds which can be zipped to make a king if requested at time of booking, 1 bedside table, bedside lamp x2, coat hooks, chest of drawers, dressing table, stool and mirror.
- The en suite bathroom has w.c., hand basin, heated towel rail, shower, mirror, wall mounted cupboard and skylight.
- Fully fenced garden with table and chairs for four and a wooden bench. Perfect for enjoying the summer sunshine. Dogs will also enjoy a run around the grassed area.
- Off road parking for two-three cars. Automatic lights switch on and light a path leading to the cottage.
- Kiwi Cottages are on the same site as a working family home, however, access and parking is totally separate, private and detached.
- Logs are provided for the log burning stoves.
- Bed linen and towels are included but please bring your own beach towels and dog towels.
- In consideration of other guests, please do not smoke in the property.
- A limited broadband / wi fi service is provided. Internet reception can be patchy and the connection provided should NOT be relied on for work use and is unsuitable for games or downloading of films. Please bring connection cables as you may have to attach your laptop to the router. Excessive use of the internet will be charged at cost.
Our first visit to Suffolk and we couldn't have chosed a more peaceful and tranquil spot.Â Lovely accommodation, beautifully decorated & every need catered for.Â We will recommend it to family and friends.Mr and MrsÂ Wreford, West Dorset - 1st July 2016
What a superb property, clean, comfortable and peaceful.Â We were made most welcome by the owners. Martha loved her games with Barney the dog.Â A lovely place to explore Suffolk.Â We hope we will come again.The Smiths and Martha the dog, Lincs - 24th June 2016
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Cretingham Golf Club Unlimited Golf Packages - Cretingham Golf Club
These fabulous value packages provides unlimited golf for either 3, 5 or 7 days during your holiday. Prices from £65.
- £65.00 - £130.00
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Spicers of Hythe Ltd 20% discount on Hampers of Distinction
A hamper of distinction from Spicers of Hythe adds a little luxury to any occasion. We offer 20% off a beautifully presented hamper of gourmet delights.
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Open Top Touring Classic Sports Car Hire & Tour
Take in the sights of Suffolk in true style with a day’s self-drive tour in a open top classic sports car. Prices from £135 to £155.
Dineindulge Dineindulge - private dining service
Enjoy private dining in the comfort of your holiday property. Dineindulge offer a personal chef service with restaurant quality cuisine from only £25 per perso...