- £795 per week
- £114 per night
- 8 Guests
- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- 1 Pet
- Open fire or woodburner
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 2 double beds
- 4 single beds
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- 3 bathrooms
- 1 WC
- Towels provided
- En-suite bathroom
- Family friendly
- Travel cot
- Private parking
- Ground floor WC
DescriptionA modern detached holiday property with roomy accommodation within walking distance of a lovely dining pub, the Ufford Crown.
Hollybank Cottage, Ufford, Near Woodbridge, Suffolk
Woodbridge 3.5 miles, Snape 10 miles Orford 12 miles, nearest beach 10 miles,
House style: Beams, dormer windows and a lovely inglenook fireplace - but without any of the inconveniences of an ancient farmhouse. Hollybank has been a family home, and whilst the clutter which goes with family living is nowhere to be seen, the comfort and convenience of the modern home is all here to enjoy.
The rooms are spacious and very well appointed with comfortable sofas and armchairs, flat screen TV / DVD and freeview, and a large inglenook fireplace and woodburning stove, to supplement the already ample heating, you will be sure of a really comfortable stay whatever the weather. The dining room is large and whilst the table has seating for 8 people, there is space for several more. Beyond the dining area is a small sofa and TV area - great if you don't all want to watch the same programme.
The lovely kitchen is modern and well equipped and with a really large utility room next door, you can move all the mess of meal preparation next door, even if you have wet weather gear and children's toys stored in there. As well as a ground floor cloakroom Hollybank has three bathrooms upstairs so there should never be too much wait for the shower.
Setting: Well away from the road - Hollybank is up a private drive - the house has lawns to the front with a patio area with table and chairs and lawn and shrubs to the rear, as well as more seating. There is a BBQ.
Children: This is a house designed for the family and many children have passed through its doors over the years. There is a cot, high chair and microwave, excellent facilities for washing and drying and plenty of baby changing space. While some family games are provided you will need to bring children's toys.
Eating and Drinking out: The nearest pub, the Ufford Crown offers excellent food and is a few minutes' walk away.Down the hill in Lower Ufford is the village hostelry, The White Lionwhere you will enjoy a good locals' ambience. Do also go into Woodbridge where there is an excellent choice of pubsand restaurants.
Self Catering: Ideal for Christmas lunch or a birthday celebration, the house is well equipped for family meals or an adult dinner party. There is a Co-op in Wickham Market just up the road. There are excellentfood shopsin Woodbridge, just five minutes away by car. If you want to venture a little further both Orfordand Aldeburgh can also compete for your culinary arts (particularly fish).
Activities: An excellent choice of golf courses close by suitable for the beginner and the expert - the nearest,Ufford Park, about half a mile away has a driving range as well. Whilst we are on the subject of health and fitness, Ufford Park also has a spa and pool. This is a great area for cycling and there are many quiet lanes with wonderful views over the meadows, heaths (Sutton and Hollesley) and woodlands (Rendlesham Forest).
Woodbridge, an ancient market town, has numerous historic buildings including two mills open to the public, a windmill where flour is still occasionally milled and the old tide mill overlooking the Deben river - make time to walk along the riverside path - quite stunning.
Just a couple of miles from Woodbridge is Sutton Hoo, the most famous Saxon burial ground, which overlooks both the river and the Sandlings Heaths, well worth a visit for anyone with the slightest interest in birds. Cross the heaths to the pretty sandy beach at Bawdsey.
No visit to Suffolk is complete without a visit to the lovely seaside town of Aldeburgh - and whilst it might be following the herd (and certainly will include standing in line) you might like the fish and chips there - they are something else.
- Enter the cottage via the back door which leads directly into the utility room. A really good sized room with loads of cupboard space, washing machine, tumble dryer, airer, butler sink and loads of room for wet coats, boots, freezer and fridge
- A door from the utility room leads into the large kitchen / dining room. The kitchen itself has wooden flooring and is newly fitted with electric hob and extractor, double oven, fitted microwave, toaster, built in fridge and dishwasher and pull out larder cupboard. A breakfast bar with cupboards below separates the kitchen from the large dining room with table to seat 8, 2 seater sofa, large flat screen TV, DVD player and CD player
- The sitting room is of a really good size with two large sofas and several easy chairs, coffee and occasional tables, flat screen TV with Freeview, stereo and a large fire place with wood burning stove.
- There is a ground floor cloakroom with wash basin and wc
- An wide staircase leads to the first floor
- Master bedroom with double bed, bedside tables and overhead wall lights, wardrobe and chest of drawers. The en-suite bathroom has a large walk in shower, wash basin, w.c and heated towel rail.
- Bedroom 2, a twin bedded room with two full sized single beds, bedside table and light, wardrobe, chest of drawers and 2 seater sofa
- Family bathroom 1 has a bath, wash basin, w.c. and heated towel rail
- Bedroom 3, a double bedded room with bed side tables and lamps, wardrobe with drawer and large mirror
- Bedroom 4, a twin bedded room with two full sized single beds, bedside table and lamp, wardrobe, chest of drawers and mirror.
- Family bathroom 2 has a bath with overhead shower, wash basin, w.c. and radiator with towel rail above
- To the front of the property is a spacious drive (shared with Orchard Cottage), lawn and patio with table and chairs
- To the rear of the property is a further garden with garden chairs
- Full gas central heating throughout
- Bed linen and towels are provided, please bring your own beach towels. Most of the bed linen is synthetic. There is a hair dryer.
- Wi fi access available for your lap top. Now offering unlimited access
- Garden - lawned to front and rear with tables and chairs, BBQ and garden seating
- Parking - there is parking for 2-3 cars in the drive
- In consideration of other visitors please do not smoke in the house
- If you have 2-3 friends who want to stay nearby see Orchard Cottage sleeps 3.
- The Ufford Crown - tel. 01394 461030. Please note some rural pubs have closed down in recent months with little or no notice - so please do check the status if this is a criterion for your choice of property
We had a very enjoyable stay, a few problems initially getting hot water and one WC to flush, but there were 3 others so not a problem really. The house was very well equipped and had everything we could ask for. Would thoroughly recommend this property to any group or family. Clean, comfortable and very welcoming. Thank you.