- £590 per week
- £84 per night
- 4 Guests
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- 2 Pets
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 king/super-king bed
- 2 single beds
- 1 bathroom
- Towels provided
- Open fire or woodburner
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- Family friendly
- Travel cot
- Private parking
- Ground floor bath/shower room
A picture postcard cottage retaining many of its original features, Mill Cottage is full of vintage charm right down to the blue china tea cups and tea cosy and just 5 minutes' drive away from Woodbridge. Beautifully spacious and very private garden with pretty views over the meadows and countryside beyond. If you are coming with friends, why not book Meadow Lodge for a group of up to 10 guests.
WOODBRIDGE 3.5 miles, SNAPE 10 miles, ORFORD 12 miles, NEAREST BEACH 10 miles
About the property: Just a hop, skip and jump away from the scenic villages of Ufford and Lower Ufford. This charming chocolate box cottage comes complete with cosy sitting room with open fire, spacious master bedroom with original beams and a rolling cottage garden fit for a picture book.
The area: There are few more attractive villages than Lower Ufford, which is situated sleepily on the banks of the river Deben, the village pub or church making a fantastic starting point for a good old ramble of the area. Woodbridge town centre is just over 3 miles away and is popular with holiday makers for its pretty streets, ancient history and close proximity to the river Deben; the footpath along the meandering river is beautiful.
Grounds: Mill Cottage offers over an acre of un-manicured garden full of nooks and crannies to be explored. The main part of the garden is set upon a sloping hill overlooking the surrounding meadows. For those with less sure footing there is a flatter area of garden which can be accessed via French doors from the sitting room. Please note that the garden is not dog proof.
Parking: Provided on the grassy verge right outside the cottage.
Sleeps: Mill Cottage sleeps up to four people in one king size and one twin bedroom.
Minimum Hire: 3 nights except in high season when it is a week. Also smoking is not permitted.
Pets: Up to two well behaved dogs are welcome at Mill Cottage.
Eating and drinking: The Ufford Crownis a ten minute walk from Mill Cottage and provides an excellent menu for lunch and dinner. A popular choice with locals and holiday makers, you have the option of dining in the bar or formal restaurant, both of which have a friendly and relaxed atmosphere.
With its idyllic meadowside setting it would be hard to find a more appealing pub than The White Lion in Lower Ufford. Serving homemade, locally sourced food and real ales straight from the cask, you are sure to have a jolly time at The White Lion.
The quaint country town of Wickham Market is a stones throw away and offers a baker, butchers, beauty salon, fabric shop, Chinese restaurant, a fantastic antiques shop and a large co-op. It is an idyllic little town and during the summer we recommend sitting outside in the square at Cafe 46 or visiting the Camargue Cafe, at Valley Farm where you can lazily watch the world go by whilst sipping freshly ground coffee or enjoying a snack from their menu which uses the best locally sourced ingredients.
Self catering: The Woodbridge Farmers Market is held every second and fourth Saturday of the month; a great place to stock up on locally-sourced produce. A regular fruit and veg market is also held in Woodbridge every Thursday, and there are plenty of good farm shops a short drive away, such as The Farm Cafe and Food Market , which is situated at Marlesford en route to coastal towns such as Aldeburgh.
Entertainment: Smart TV, DVD player, iPod dock, wifi access and a selection of childrens' books.
Packing tips: Walking shoes, coal for the BBQ, map of the area, beach towels (if you are feeling brave), and plenty of wine to enjoy by the open fire.
- Sitting room with large sofa and armchair, occasional tables, flat screen TV/DVD player, open fire and French doors to garden
- Dining area with round table to seat 4, open fire, dresser and mirror over hearth
- Kitchen with small breakfast table, fridge, electric oven and hob, dishwasher, microwave and dresser. Please note the washing machine is in the outhouse to the rear of the cottage
- Ground floor bathroom with bath with shower attachment overhead, washbasin, w.c and storage cabinet
- Steep staircase to:
- Kingsize bedroom with bedside tables and lamps, dressing table, small sofa, large wooden wardrobe with hanging space, desk and mirror
- Twin bedroom with selection of children's books and occasional table with lamp
- Very large un-manicured cottage garden set over a sloping hill, patio, raised decking area and table and chairs for outside dining
- There is washing machine/dryer, sink and freezer in the shed behind the cottage.
- Central heating throughout controlled with a Hive Unit. Logs and coal, for the open fire, can be purchased from Wickham Market or Melton.
- Bed linen and towels are provided, please bring your own beach towels. If using the travel cot, please provide your own bedding for it.
- In consideration of other visitors please do not smoke in the property
- A limited broadband / wi fi service is provided. Internet reception can be patchy and the connection provided should NOT be relied on for work use and is unsuitable for games or downloading of films. Please bring connection cables as you may have to attach your laptop to the router. Excessive use of the internet will be charged at cost
- The Ufford Crown - tel. 01394 461030. Please note some rural pubs have closed down in recent months with little or no notice - so please do check the status if this is a criterion for your choice of property
- The White Lion, Lower Ufford. Tel 01394 460770.
The property was perfect, a home away from home. We had a wonderful time.
We had a lovely week in this pretty cottage, and it was immaculately clean & presented very well. We liked the garden very much, and the house was well furnished and comfortable.
Lovely house in amazing setting
It was a lovely property and we had a great stay there.