A picture postcard cottage retaining many of its original features, Mill Cottage is full of vintage charm right down to the blue china tea cups and tea cosy and just 5 minutes' drive away from Woodbridge. Beautifully spacious and very private garden with pretty views over the meadows and countryside beyond.
WOODBRIDGE 3.5 miles, SNAPE 10 miles, ORFORD 12 miles, NEAREST BEACH 10 miles
About the property: Just a hop, skip and jump away from the scenic villages of Ufford and Lower Ufford. This charming chocolate box cottage comes complete with cosy sitting room with open fire, spacious master bedroom with original beams and a rolling cottage garden fit for a picture book.
The area: There are few more attractive villages than Lower Ufford, which is situated sleepily on the banks of the river Deben, the village pub or church making a fantastic starting point for a good old ramble of the area. Woodbridge town centre is just over 3 miles away and is popular with holiday makers for its pretty streets, ancient history and close proximity to the river Deben; the footpath along the meandering river is beautiful.
Grounds: Mill Cottage offers over an acre of un-manicured garden full of nooks and crannies to be explored. The main part of the garden is set upon a sloping hill overlooking the surrounding meadows. For those with less sure footing there is a flatter area of garden which can be accessed via French doors from the sitting room. Please note that the garden is not dog proof.
Parking: Provided on the grassy verge right outside the cottage.
Sleeps: Mill Cottage sleeps up to four people in one king size and one twin bedroom.
Minimum Hire: 3 nights except in high season when it is a week. Also smoking is not permitted.
Pets: Up to two well behaved dogs are welcome at Mill Cottage.
Eating and drinking: The Ufford Crownis a ten minute walk from Mill Cottage and provides an excellent menu for lunch and dinner. A popular choice with locals and holiday makers, you have the option of dining in the bar or formal restaurant, both of which have a friendly and relaxed atmosphere.
With its idyllic meadowside setting it would be hard to find a more appealing pub than The White Lion in Lower Ufford. Serving homemade, locally sourced food and real ales straight from the cask, you are sure to have a jolly time at The White Lion.
The quaint country town of Wickham Market is a stones throw away and offers a baker, butchers, beauty salon, fabric shop, Chinese restaurant, a fantastic antiques shop and a large co-op. It is an idyllic little town and during the summer we recommend sitting outside in the square at Cafe 46 or visiting the Camargue Cafe, at Valley Farm where you can lazily watch the world go by whilst sipping freshly ground coffee or enjoying a snack from their menu which uses the best locally sourced ingredients.
Self catering: The Woodbridge Farmers Market is held every second and fourth Saturday of the month; a great place to stock up on locally-sourced produce. A regular fruit and veg market is also held in Woodbridge every Thursday, and there are plenty of good farm shops a short drive away, such as The Farm Cafe and Food Market , which is situated at Marlesford en route to coastal towns such as Aldeburgh.
Entertainment: Smart TV, DVD player, iPod dock, wifi access and a selection of childrens' books.
Packing tips: Walking shoes, coal for the BBQ, map of the area, beach towels (if you are feeling brave), and plenty of wine to enjoy by the open fire.
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- 2 Well-behaved pets allowed
- WiFi available
- Open fire/woodburner
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Travel cot
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- No smoking
- Nearest shop 4.1 miles
- Nearest pub 0.1 mile
- 4.1 miles from the coast
- Ground floor bathroom
- Sitting room with large sofa and armchair, occasional tables, flat screen TV/DVD player, open fire and French doors to garden
- Dining area with round table to seat 4, open fire, dresser and mirror over hearth
- Kitchen with small breakfast table, fridge, electric oven and hob, dishwasher, microwave and dresser. Please note the washing machine is in the outhouse to the rear of the cottage
- Ground floor bathroom with bath with shower attachment overhead, washbasin, w.c and storage cabinet
- Steep staircase to:
- Kingsize bedroom with bedside tables and lamps, dressing table, small sofa, large wooden wardrobe with hanging space, desk and mirror
- Twin bedroom with selection of children's books and occasional table with lamp
- Very large un-manicured cottage garden set over a sloping hill, patio, raised decking area and table and chairs for outside dining
- There is washing machine/dryer, sink and freezer in the shed behind the cottage.
- Central heating throughout controlled with a Hive Unit. Logs and coal, for the open fire, can be purchased from Wickham Market or Melton.
- Bed linen and towels are provided, please bring your own beach towels. If using the travel cot, please provide your own bedding for it.
- In consideration of other visitors please do not smoke in the property
- A limited broadband / wi fi service is provided. Internet reception can be patchy and the connection provided should NOT be relied on for work use and is unsuitable for games or downloading of films. Please bring connection cables as you may have to attach your laptop to the router. Excessive use of the internet will be charged at cost
- The Ufford Crown - tel. 01394 461030. Please note some rural pubs have closed down in recent months with little or no notice - so please do check the status if this is a criterion for your choice of property
- The White Lion, Lower Ufford. Tel 01394 460770.
It was a lovely property and we had a great stay there.Mrs Caroline Ford - 26th August 2018
Lovely cottage, cosy fire for the chilly evenings & superb garden for the warm afternoon sunshine, many thanks, Hope to come again. May 2017 - 2nd August 2017
Very homely and comfortable cottage with everything we needed. Secluded, peaceful and relaxing. Will definitely be back again soon so we can enjoy the cottage and the garden.A previous customer - 30th August 2014
We've had a lovely stay, Great cottage and fantastic garden which our 19 month old loved exploring!A previous customer - 15th August 2014
Spent most of the week on the decked area relaxing in the shade of the walnut tree, Lovely cottage, enjoyed the space, peace and quiet. Had a great time and looking forward to returning.A previous customer - 25th July 2014
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Discover Newmarket Discover Newmarket Tours
Once the sporting playground of royalty, the historic home of horseracing celebrates a heritage dating back over 350 years. The area has loads to offer with Dis...
Nomad Sea Kayaking Nomad Sea Kayaking Adventure
Get active with an adventure sea kayaking experience. See a different view of Suffolk’s waterside landscape and wildlife, on one of these truly memorable tr...
Big Sky Yoga Private Yoga Session
Relax into your Suffolk holiday with a private yoga session in the comfort of your holiday cottage or garden from leading yoga instructor Angie Lee-Foster.
Ufford Park Health & Spa Two for One Fire and Ice Spa Day at Ufford Park Spa
Treat yourself and a partner to the ultimate indulgent day of relaxation at The Thermal Suite, Ufford Park Spa, plus enjoy 25% discount on treatments.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Spicers of Hythe Ltd 20% discount on Hampers of Distinction
A hamper of distinction from Spicers of Hythe adds a little luxury to any occasion. We offer 20% off a beautifully presented hamper of gourmet delights.
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price