A colonial style detached property just a short drive away from the historic riverside market town of Woodbridge. Beautifully spacious with a secluded garden and meadows and countryside beyond.
WOODBRIDGE 3.5 miles, SNAPE 10 miles, ORFORD 12 miles, NEAREST BEACH 10 miles
About the property
Just a hop, skip and jump away from the idyllic villages of Ufford and Lower Ufford. A spacious detached colonial style house sits back from the quiet lane and has the benefit of a ground floor bedroom and en-suite shower room.
Two very spacious first floor bedrooms overlook the secluded garden complete with wildlife pond. Parents with small children please be aware of this.
There are few more attractive villages than Lower Ufford, which is situated sleepily on the banks of the river Deben, the village pub or church making a fantastic starting point for a good old ramble of the area.
Woodbridge town centre is just over 3 miles away and is popular with holiday makers for its pretty streets, ancient history and close proximity to the river Deben; the footpath along the meandering river is beautiful.
Meadow Lodge sits comfortably in its own grounds with a sweeping gravel drive circling the house. To the rear is a long expanse of grass and herbaceous borders. At the end of the garden is a very natural widlife area complete with pond. Meadow Lodge offers contemporary accommodation for 6 people in a very quiet and picturesque location but within a pleasant walking distance of two good pubs.
3 nights except in high season when it is a week.
Smoking is not permitted.
Eating and drinking
The Ufford Crownis a ten minute walk from Meadow Lodge and provides an excellent menu for lunch and dinner. A popular choice with locals and holiday makers, you have the option of dining in the bar or formal restaurant, both of which have a friendly and relaxed atmosphere.
With its idyllic meadowside setting it would be hard to find a more appealing pub thanThe White Lionin Lower Ufford. Serving homemade, locally sourced food and real ales straight from the cask, you are sure to have a jolly time at The White Lion.
The quaint country town of Wickham Market is a stones throw away and offers a baker, butchers, beauty salon, fabric shop, Chinese restaurant, a fantastic antiques shop and a large Co-op. It is an idyllic little town and during the summer we recommend sitting outside in the Cafe 46 where you can lazily watch the world go by whilst sipping freshly ground coffee or enjoying a snack from their menu which uses the best locally sourced ingredients.
TheWoodbridge Farmers Marketis held every second and fourth Saturday of the month; a great place to stock up on locally-sourced produce. A regular fruit and veg market is also held in Woodbridge every Thursday, and there are plenty of good farm shops a short drive away, such as The Farm Cafe and Food Market , which is situated in Marlesford en route to the coastal town of Aldeburgh.
For lots of information on the area please look at our own online guide Visit Woodbridge
Flat screen TV/DVD player with the full SKY package including Sports, wifi access and a selection of books and DVDs.
Walking shoes, map of the area, beach towels (if you are feeling brave), and plenty of wine to enjoy by the wood burner.
- Sleeps 6
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 2 Well-behaved pets allowed
- WiFi available
- Open fire/woodburner
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- No smoking
- Nearest shop 4.1 miles
- Nearest pub 0.6 mile
- 4.1 miles from the coast
- Ground floor bathroom
- Ground floor bedroom
- Enter Meadow Lodge through the rear French doors which lead directly into the light, airy and flag-stoned kitchen and dining room. The kitchen is very well equipped with electric eye-level ovens, large and small, a separate gas hob and large areas of granite work tops. A feature is the central island with inset sink - a lovely prep area. An integrated fridge freezer and upright pull out storage complete a super contemporary kitchen.
- The dining area has a refectory table with four chairs and a bench seat plus easy chairs for that after dinner chat around the gas coal-effect stove. South facing French doors allow the sun to flood in to this delightful room.
- Off the kitchen is a separate utility room where you will find the microwave and freezer, there is a sink, washing machine, dryer and door to the garden. The ironing board and iron are stored in this room.
- A door leads through to the entrance hall with chest of drawers and writing desk. Stairs lead to the first floor bedrooms. The sitting room has two lovely sofas and two armchairs. The TV offers a full SKY including the sports channel. A wood burner provides extra comfort for those weekend breaks in the cooler months.
- Another door leads through to a spacious ground floor double bedroom with en-suite shower room.
- Stairs lead up to a landing with doors to the two bedrooms and separate family bathroom.
- The double bedroom has a super king sized bed and large window with access to the south facing balcony. There is a large walk-in hanging cupboard for clothes etc.
- The double aspect twin bedroom is very spacious and benefits from having its own w.c. and wash basin.
- There is a delightful family bathroom with w.c, basin, bidet and step up bath.
- A sweeping gravel drive allows for easy parking for two or three cars
- The separate garage and flat above does not constitute part of the rental.
- Please note that parents with small children should be aware that there is a wildlife pond at the end of the garden with rushes and an expanse of shallow water.
- The house has central heating with complementary gas coal effect stove in the kitchen and wood burning stove in the sitting room.
- Wifi is provided but should not be used for downloading or be relied upon for work purposes.
- There is a coal BBQ.
- The Ufford Crown - tel. 01394 461030. Please note some rural pubs have closed down in recent months with little or no notice - so please do check the status if this is a criteria for your choice of property
We had a lovely time at Meadow Lodge. The garden was great for the family including our dog. We very much enjoyed the surrounding area, I particularly liked Woodbridge. The people in the town were extremely friendly to all of the family including our dog.Mr Ian Aulton - 15th August 2017
I would like to say how much we enjoyed our stay at 89 Pump StreetÂ - it is a pretty and cosy cottage with a real suntrap courtyard garden at the back plus it is so well equipped with everything you could need. Â We would love to return one day. Orford was a new location for us and being within walking distance to such wonderful places to eat and drink at, plus Orford Castle and the quayside etc, was just the icing on the cake.A previous customer - 12th April 2016
Tasteful, comfortable, and in a good location.Angela H, Essex - 12th August 2015
We greatly enjoyed our stay at Meadow Lodge and only wish it could have been for longer, An ideal 'cottage' for our combination of two young girls, their parents and (us) grandparents, helped by magnificent food at the Ufford Crown and (albeit a bit cold on the first day) excellent weather. Our thanks to you and the owner.Mr G, East Yorks - 30th May 2013
What a lovely cottage - a real home from home in a fantastic position in the middle of the village too! We have really enjoyed our stay at No.89... Orford and its surroundings has so much to offer, good food, great scenery and friendly people. We are sorry to be leaving.S & B - 28th May 2013
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Nomad Sea Kayaking Nomad Sea Kayaking Adventure
Get active with an adventure sea kayaking experience. See a different view of Suffolk’s waterside landscape and wildlife, on one of these truly memorable tr...
Emma Crowhurst - Private Chef Private chef to cook your dinner
For a truly relaxing holiday, why not treat yourself to a private chef to cook for you. Bespoke dining experiences courtesy of local chef Emma Crowhurst
Big Sky Yoga Private Yoga Session
Relax into your Suffolk holiday with a private yoga session in the comfort of your holiday cottage or garden from leading yoga instructor Angie Lee-Foster.
Ufford Park Health & Spa Two for One Fire and Ice Spa Day at Ufford Park Spa
Treat yourself and a partner to the ultimate indulgent day of relaxation at The Thermal Suite, Ufford Park Spa, plus enjoy 25% discount on treatments.
Cretingham Golf Club Unlimited Golf Packages - Cretingham Golf Club
These fabulous value packages provides unlimited golf for either 3, 5 or 7 days during your holiday. Prices from £65.
- £65.00 - £130.00
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Spicers of Hythe Ltd 20% discount on Hampers of Distinction
A hamper of distinction from Spicers of Hythe adds a little luxury to any occasion. We offer 20% off a beautifully presented hamper of gourmet delights.
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price