- £490 per week
- £70 per night
- 3 Guests
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- 1 Pet
- Private Parking
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 double bed
- 1 single bed
- Washing machine
- 1 bathroom
- Towels provided
- Family friendly
- Travel cot
- Private parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Ground floor bath/shower room
A charming cottage with a private garden, finished to a very high standard. Great position - just 2 minutes walk from an excellent gastro pub and within a very short drive of the historic riverside market town of Woodbridge.
WOODBRIDGE 3.5 miles (5.5 km), SNAPE 10 miles (16 km), ORFORD 12 miles (19 km), nearest beach 10 miles (16 km)
House style: Built in 2010, Orchard Cottage is a bright, light single storey property with clean lines, quality furnishings and loads of space. Comfortable and convenient and with lots of charm. The rooms are spacious and very well appointed with comfortable sofa and armchairs, flat screen TV/DVD and freeview; you will be sure of a really comfortable stay whatever the weather. There is a comfortable open plan kitchen/dining room which is modern and well equipped.
Setting: Well away from the road (Orchard Cottage is up from a private drive) the property has a fenced garden with lawn and shrubs, and patio area with table, chairs and BBQ. The village of Ufford boasts an excellent dining pub, and a spa hotel where you can enjoy anything from a round of golf to a massage.
Eating and Drinking: A well equipped kitchen and a good sized dining table make for easy and comfortable self catering. There is a fantastic selection of local produce shops including a fresh fish shop and excellent greengrocers in Woodbridge just a five minute drive away. Stop off for a cup of coffee and have a look at the Thursday market, with an excellent selection of fruit and veg and a fantastic cheese stall. There is also a farmer's market on the 1st Saturday of every month.
The nearest pub and good eatery, The Ufford Crown, is a few minutes walk away and there is an excellent selection of traditional Suffolk pubs and state of the art restaurants in Woodbridge. If you want to venture a little further, both Orford and Aldeburgh can compete for fine cuisine (particularly fish).
Activities: An excellent choice of golf courses close by, suitable for both the beginner and the expert - the nearest, Ufford Park, about half a mile away has a driving range and health and fitness spa and pool.
This is a great area for cycling and there are many quiet lanes with wonderful views over the meadows, heaths (Sutton and Hollesley) and woodlands (Rendlesham Forest). Woodbridge, an ancient market town, has numerous historic buildings including two mills open to the public, a windmill, where flour is still occasionally milled, and the old tide mill overlooking the Deben river. Make time to walk along the riverside path - quite stunning.
Just a couple of miles from Woodbridge isSutton Hoo, the most famous Saxon burial ground in the country, which overlooks both the river and the Sandlings Heaths, well worth a visit for anyone with the slightest interest in birds. Cross the heaths to the pretty sandy beach at Bawdsey.
No visit to Suffolk is complete without a visit to the lovely seaside town of Aldeburgh - and whilst it might be following the herd (and certainly will include standing in line) you might like the fish and chips there - they are something else!
- Entrance into hallway with doors to all the accommodation
- Living room with fully fitted kitchen, electric oven and separate gas hob
- Dining area with table and chairs
- Sitting area with leather sofa and armchair, flat screen TV showing Freeview & BT Hub
- Bedroom 1 with single bed and bedside cabinets and lamp
- Bedroom 2 has a standard double size bed with a wardrobe, bedside cabinets, lamps and doors to the garden
- Family bathroom
- There is a washing machine in a utility cupboard in the hallway
- There is a secluded, fenced garden with decking, tables and chairs and a small bbq (please supply your own fuel)
- Source of heating; Under floor heating throughout.
- There is an unlimited WiFi connection available.
- The Ufford Crown - tel. 01394 461030. Please note some rural pubs have closed down in recent months with little or no notice - so please do check the status if this is a criteria for your choice of property
- Bed linen and towels (but not beach towels) are provided. If using the travel cot, please provide your own bedding for it. All bedding is synthetic. There is a hair dryer.
Property was well situated for our days out, places to eat and food shopping. It was very clean and cosy.
Very well equiped cottage in excellent central location. Very quiet, clean and very comfortable.
If you like a peaceful comfortable well equipped self catering holiday with many places of interest easily available then you would probably enjoy this property. We enjoyed our stay more than any others we have used over the years.