A more stunning house in Woodbridge would be hard to find. This light, bright, homely accommodation is a real life tardis - just waiting to welcome couples or families to the Suffolk riverbanks of Woodbridge. Dating back to the 1600's, the stunning period property has all the mod-cons a 21st century holidaymaker could ever wish for, making self catering a dream.
About the Property: Tucked away on the Woodbridge Thoroughfare, Beresford House is truly a hidden gem. Walking up the stairs do guests only start to see some of the amazing architecture of this period property. Walking to the left of the landing you arrive in the fully fitted kitchen with island, inglenook fireplace (with essential wine rack) and window seat. You can really imagine cooking up a storm here - imagine magazine style living; you can experience it in real life! Two steps up lead to the sitting room where you truly will be blown away. The soothing white and blue hues mean that the eye is drawn out; looking out over towards Elmhurst Park, the edges of Sutton Hoo and, in wintertime, you may also catch glimpses of the river Deben. The sun room, complete with dining table, is the perfect place to watch the sun set beyond the horizon... bliss. If you can take your eyes off the view then the sitting room itself is fully kitted out with large Smart TV, WiFi, log burning stove and board games - so there really is something to entertain all ages.
If you're impressed with the living areas, then the bedrooms will certainly not disappoint. The master bedroom, with superking bed, has views over the Thoroughfare, and the benefit of its' own walk in dressing room/wardrobe; plenty of room luggage. Further along is the second double room with king sized bed and modern en-suite. A further staircase (with traditional steep cottage stairs) leads to the third bedroom with king sized bed and small sitting area with TV. This attic room has velux windows, again with the same lovely views as the living room.
An extra bonus is the private, walled garden with barbecue - accessed by steps from the sun room.
Ideal for: 3 couples or a multi-generational family looking to enjoy the delights of the market town of Woodbridge with no added stress. Beresford House has all the equipment you could possibly need to make holidays a joy. What's more; two dogs are also welcome, so no-one gets left behind!
There is plenty to explore in Woodbridge; from the Tide Mill Living Museum to the countless shops and eateries; there is something going on in all seasons. Particular highlights of the year include the Woodbridge Shuck Festival, the Woodbridge Regatta and the Woodbridge Christmas Market to name but a few. There is a real community atmosphere; with most of the shops stocking locally sourced produce and gifts.
For daytime activities we recommend strolls along the river Deben. The riverside footpath takes you through woodland and fields; and showcases a rich variety of local wildlife that call the river home. For a historical visit we recommend a trip to Sutton Hoo; home to two Anglo-Saxon cemeteries this is a really interesting site for both young and old. With numerous re-enactments taking place throughout the year, this is fantastic opportunity to see history come to life.
Self Catering: Woodbridge has the benefit of a wide variety of local food shops, including award winning bakeries, a deli, a COOK frozen food store, a fish hut and greengrocers. A weekly market is held of Market Hill and at the nearby Turban Centre, both good places to pick up a locally sourced bargain. There are two Co-Op stores in the town, with a large Tesco store being found in nearby Martlesham, just a 10 minute drive away.
Eating and Drinking out: Step out of the door and feast your eyes on the numerous culinary delights just waiting to welcome you. Woodbridge is full of well known chains as well as independent pubs and restaurants; you won't need to use the car at all!
For more information on what to do in the area, be sure to check out our sister site, Visit Woodbridge.
- Sleeps 7
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- 2 Well-behaved pets allowed
- No private parking
- WiFi available
- Open fire/woodburner
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- No smoking
- Nearest shop 0.05 mile
- Nearest pub 0.01 mile
- 15 miles from the coast
Beresford House is accessed via a commercial entrance on the Thoroughfare. There are 11 steps to the First Floor.
- The stairs lead to a landing with doors to the bedrooms, bathroom and kitchen.
- Fully fitted kitchen with modern units, central island with breakfast bar and stools, electric oven and hob, fridge/freezer, microwave, dishwasher, radio and window seat with cushions. Two steps lead to the
- Generous sized sitting room with views towards Elmhurst Park. Complete with 2 3 seat sofas, 2 armchairs, coffee tables, woodburning stove, Smart TV and a selection of board games. A door from the Sitting Room leads to the
- Sun Room with table and chairs overlooking Elmhurst Park. There is also a washer/dryer. A door leads to a metal staircase which gives access to the private walled garden.
- Master Bedroom which is of very generous size with views over the Thoroughfare with Superking bed, walk in wardrobe with drawer and hanging space, bedside table and lamps, feature fireplace and occasional chair.
- Formal Dining room with table and chairs for 6. Stunning carved woodwork in the beam above. Views over the Thoroughfare.
- A step down from the landing leads to the Family Bathroom with bath, shower cubicle, wash basin and w.c.
- Bedroom 2 with King sized bed, bedside drawer units and lamps, wardrobe, dressing table with mirror and stool. Views over the Thoroughfare. A door leads to the En-suite bathroom with bath and overhead shower, wash basin and w.c.
- A separate door on the landing reveals a steep, narrow, cottage staircase leading to the attic room/Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 3 with King sized bed, bedside drawer units and lamps and walk in wardrobe. Two steps lead up to a sitting area with daybed, floor cushions, floor lamp and TV. Views from the Velux windows towards Elmhurst Park. A door leads to the En-suite bathroom with shower cubicle, wash basin and w.c.
- A small private, walled garden is accessed via a set of steps from the sun room. There is a BBQ available to holidaymakers.
- Gas fired central heating is provided.
- In respect of future guests and the owners, please do not smoke in Beresford House.
- All bed linen and towels are provided, but please bring your own beach and dog towels. If you intend to use the travel cot, please provide your own linen.
- The property is situated above a cafe, which is owned by the owners of Beresford House.
- Parking is available at the nearby long stay. A weekly parking permit can be obtained from the Woodbridge Tourist Information Centre within the library.
This is a wonderful property, located in the centre of the picturesque village of Woodbridge. The home has been renovated with exceptional care and feet style - blending modern fittings with original architectural features. It is also very well equipped. As a family of five we greatly enjoyed our stay and would highly recommend it. The proximity to the local cafes and shops was a real bonus. Alexander Gondris - 10th July 2018
Beresford House is a delightful property, ideally located in the Thoroughfare. Everything in the house was a very high standard and it was a pleasure to stay there. I will be recommending this to friends and family.Miss Sally Ward - 17th April 2018
Delighted with our accommodation, enjoyed our visit.Mrs P Robinson - 27th March 2017
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Nomad Sea Kayaking Nomad Sea Kayaking Adventure
Get active with an adventure sea kayaking experience. See a different view of Suffolk’s waterside landscape and wildlife, on one of these truly memorable tr...
Emma Crowhurst - Private Chef Private chef to cook your dinner
For a truly relaxing holiday, why not treat yourself to a private chef to cook for you. Bespoke dining experiences courtesy of local chef Emma Crowhurst
Big Sky Yoga Private Yoga Session
Relax into your Suffolk holiday with a private yoga session in the comfort of your holiday cottage or garden from leading yoga instructor Angie Lee-Foster.
Ufford Park Health & Spa Two for One Fire and Ice Spa Day at Ufford Park Spa
Treat yourself and a partner to the ultimate indulgent day of relaxation at The Thermal Suite, Ufford Park Spa, plus enjoy 25% discount on treatments.
Cretingham Golf Club Unlimited Golf Packages - Cretingham Golf Club
These fabulous value packages provides unlimited golf for either 3, 5 or 7 days during your holiday. Prices from £65.
- £65.00 - £130.00
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Spicers of Hythe Ltd 20% discount on Hampers of Distinction
A hamper of distinction from Spicers of Hythe adds a little luxury to any occasion. We offer 20% off a beautifully presented hamper of gourmet delights.
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price