Special Offers: Last minute discount! 10% off bookings starting within 14 days (may not apply in conjunction with other offers)
The Harbour Master’s House oozes contemporary coastal living with the some of the best riverside views in Woodbridge.
This stylish Suffolk holiday home is spacious and extremely well fitted. The Harbour Master’s House has undergone complete renovation and offers very comfortable coastal living for family or friends. Woodbridge is a charming riverside market town with local pubs, book shops, antique shops and local food shops all just a short stroll away.
The property dates back to the 19th century and has been completely refurbished in the last couple of years, tastefully decorated to reflect its coastal location - perfect for a self catering holiday on the Suffolk coast. The two ground floor living rooms come complete with open fireplaces for the cooler evenings and the well fitted kitchen has everything you need to conjure up a culinary delight. There’s even a snooker table for a little competitive relaxation! The coastal style continues into the two first floor bedrooms, both beautifully appointed, one double and a twin (additional guests can be accommodated on the sofa bed in the sitting room).
Waterfront shops, restaurants and pubs 0.1 mile. Coast 9.4 miles.
Why we love this property… relax on the riverside balcony with a coffee or a glass of wine and just chill. A stunning location with amenities on the doorstep.
Lobby area: coat stand and room for boots and shoes.
Sitting room: (divided into two discrete areas) 2 three seater sofas, large coffee table, log burning stove, large flat screen television (Free view package) HD and DVD. Large picture windows with wonderful views across the quay and the estuary.
Second sitting area: easy chairs and sofa. Games area: half size snooker table.
Utility room: washing machine, sink, storage cupboards.
Cloakroom: w.c wash hand basin, towel rail.
Landing: storage cupboard.
Double bedroom: king size bed, fitted cupboards with hanging space, chair, bedside tables and super views over the quay and estuary.
Twin bedroom: bedside table, two storage units, views over the quay.
Open plan living area: Fully fitted kitchen: built in electric range cooker with two ovens and 5 ring hob. Microwave, fridge, freezer and dishwasher. Central island incorporating dishwasher and double sink. Drinks fridge. Door leads to the large south facing balcony. Dining area: table with six chairs and fitted cupboard with a selection of local books and novels. Sitting area: log burning stove, sofa and easy chairs, small drinks tables. large flat screen television (Free view package) HD and DVD.
Bathroom: bath, overhead shower, w.c. and wash hand basin, towel rail.
Parking: private parking spaces for 2 cars directly behind the house.
Outside large south facing balcony: table and chairs, bbq. Views over the quay and the estuary, steps lead down from the balcony to the quay area.
Sleeps: 4-6 in one double bedroom and a twin; there is a sofa bed on the ground floor (needs to be booked in advance.)
Minimum Hire: Three nights. High season minimum stay 1 week.
Pets: Sorry no pets allowed.
Heating: central heating throughout plus 2 log burning stoves.
Notes: bedlinen and towels included. Broadband/wifi service is provided. No smoking.
Woodbridge is a historic town of great character situated on the River Deben. Its charm lies in the many narrow picturesque streets of fine houses and cottages, the river, the famous Tide Mill, the ancient buildings around the Market Hill and the fine Church. Woodbridge has an interesting shopping centre, with many specialist shops, good restaurants and pubs, together with art galleries, antique shops, the town museum and an excellent cinema/theatre, large recreation areas and an indoor heated swimming pool. With the benefit of a train station, guests can arrive from London Liverpool Street in under 2 hours.
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- No pets
- WiFi available
- Open fire/woodburner
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Washing machine
- No smoking
- Nearest shop 0.1 mile
- Nearest pub 0.1 mile
- 9.4 miles from the coast
- The front door opens into a lobby area with coat stand and plenty of room for outdoor books and shoes.
- To the left is the Sitting room, divided into two discrete areas, the larger area includes 2 x 3 seater sofas, large coffee table, log burning stove, large flat screen television (Free view package) HD and DVD. The large windows to the south side have wonderful views across the quay and the estuary
- There is a second sitting area with easy chairs and sofa
- To the right of the front door is a large games area with half size snooker table
- A door leads to the the utility room - washing machine, sink, storage cupboards - to one end of the utility room is a cloakroom with w.c wash hand basin, towel rail
- A door leads to a small hall with utility cupboard and stairs to the first floor
- The easy staircase leads to the landing with large storage cupboard
- Really delightful double bedroom with king size bed, loads of hanging space in fitted cupboards, chair, bedside tables and super views over the quay and estuary
- Twin bedded room with bedside table, two storage units, views over the quay
- The living area is open plan and includes
- Fully-fitted kitchen with built in electric range cooker with two ovens and 5 ring hob and microwave, fridge and freezer and dishwasher. There is a central island where the dishwasher and double sink are housed and a further unit which includes storage and drinks fridge. A door leads to the large south facing balcony
- There is a large dining table with six chairs and fitted cupboard with a great selection of local books and novels
- The sitter area includes a log burning stove, sofa and easy chairs, small drinks tables and fitted unit with additional storage, large flat screen television (Free view package) HD and DVD.
- Lovely contemporary bathroom with bath, overhead shower, w.c. and wash hand basin, towel rail
- Central heating throughout plus 2 log burning stoves
- Heating, bedlinen and towels included
- Parking in large courtyard for 2 cars
- Large south facing balcony with table and chairs, bbq overlooking the quay and the estuary, steps lead down from the balcony to the quay area
- In consideration of other visitors, guests are asked not to smoke indoors
- An unlimited broadband/wifi service is provided.
Brilliant location and very well equipped - 11th April 2019
A fantastic place that we will certainly visit again. - 11th March 2019
A beautiful property that we plan to visit again. We were very impressed with the property and the welcome pack and the toiletries that were provided. .Mrs Catherine Gibbs - 30th September 2018
Ideal location. Lovely welcome goodies.Mrs Angela Noades - 17th September 2018
The property was perfect for our needs and the outlook was second to none. The property was in a very good location and only a couple of minutes walk into the town but also only a few minutes to countryside.Mrs Marlene Davey - 29th May 2018
Lovely property in an excellent location with great views, very spacious and warm - our family came to visit on a number of occasions and we had some good competitive games of pool. We appreciated the welcome goodies that were left for us and there were plenty of logs for the wood burners, this was great as we had very cold weather. We would love to come to this property in the Summer and make use of the fabulous balcony, the snow stopped us on this occasion.Mrs M Peak - 12th February 2018
Spent New Year in the property. Excellent location with everything on your doorstep. All local pubs very friendly and serving great food. Mrs Karen Williams
Fantastic house and we had a wonderful stay. Mr Christopher Turner
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Discover Newmarket Discover Newmarket Tours
Once the sporting playground of royalty, the historic home of horseracing celebrates a heritage dating back over 350 years. The area has loads to offer with Dis...
Nomad Sea Kayaking Nomad Sea Kayaking Adventure
Get active with an adventure sea kayaking experience. See a different view of Suffolk’s waterside landscape and wildlife, on one of these truly memorable tr...
Big Sky Yoga Private Yoga Session
Relax into your Suffolk holiday with a private yoga session in the comfort of your holiday cottage or garden from leading yoga instructor Angie Lee-Foster.
Ufford Park Health & Spa Two for One Fire and Ice Spa Day at Ufford Park Spa
Treat yourself and a partner to the ultimate indulgent day of relaxation at The Thermal Suite, Ufford Park Spa, plus enjoy 25% discount on treatments.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Spicers of Hythe Ltd 20% discount on Hampers of Distinction
A hamper of distinction from Spicers of Hythe adds a little luxury to any occasion. We offer 20% off a beautifully presented hamper of gourmet delights.
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price