- £490 per week
- £70 per night
- 4 Guests
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- No Pets
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 double bed
- 2 single beds
- 1 bathroom
- Towels provided
- Open fire or woodburner
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- Family friendly
- Travel cot
- Enclosed garden
- Ground floor bath/shower room
Important - Please note
- Check in: 4.00pm
- Check out: 10.00am
Just seconds from the bustling Thoroughfare of the market town of Woodbridge sits Juniper Cottage. Named after the owners' love for a good Gin and Tonic, you really can expect rest and relaxation as soon as you step inside.
About the property: Completely refurbished, Juniper Cottage has been furnished in a monochrome, Scandanavian style scheme - if modern interiors are your thing then look no further. Instantly welcoming, there really is everything here that you could possibly need, from logs for the log burning stove to board games and children's DVDs (just in case the weather isn't quite as agreeable!). Guests can even enjoy a SKY TV package and log into their Netflix account through the SmartTV.
The utility area provides the perfect place for storing bikes, buggies, suitcases, coats and more. Here too you'll find a washer/dryer and freezer - ideal essentials if you are planning some water sports or an extended stay.
Upstairs, both bedrooms have the benefit of good sized built-in wardrobes with plenty of hanging space. Additional storage can also be found in the understairs cupboard which also houses the iron, ironing board, clothes horse and hoover.
Sleeps: 4 in one double and one twin bedroom. There is a travel cot provided should you need it, but please bring your own sheets.
Parking: Although there is no dedicated parking space for Juniper Cottage, you can certainly pull up outside to drop off your belongings. You may be able to park alongside the cottage in the 'cut-through' - however this is on a first come, first serve basis and so cannot be guaranteed.
There are good public car parks within a couple of minutes' walk of Juniper Cottage and weekly parking tickets can be purchased at the nearby library/tourist information centre (currently £10 for a full week). For more information please call Woodbridge Tourist Information Centre on 01394 382240.
This property is ideal for: Families, friends or couples wishing to explore Woodbridge and the surrounding Suffolk coast and countryside. The nearby River Deben (5-10 minutes on foot) provides a lovely circular walk, with plenty of picnic pit-stop opportunities including The Tea Hut.
Also just a short walk away is the famous Woodbridge Tide Mill - one of the first (and last) in the country, it has been operating for over 800 years. Likewise, both young and old will love learning about the history of the Anglo Saxon burial site at Sutton Hoo, just a 10-15 minute drive by car.
If you prefer to travel around the county at a leisurely pace, why not pack your bikes? Nearby Rendlesham Forest has plenty of trails, each varying in length. You could even cycle to Orford if you fancy an adventurous day trip! (We recommend stopping off at The Oyster Inn, Butley for a re-fuel on the way).
Self-catering eating and drinking: There is plenty to satisfy your culinary skills just around the corner from Juniper Cottage. For freshly baked breads and cakes, head to The Cake Shop Bakery - you'll be sure to get a friendly greeting as you enter the door. For locally ground coffee, head to The Firestation Cafe. For locally caught fish, head to Paul's Fish Hut at the Turban Centre (just behind Juniper Cottage) and, whilst you're there, you can also pick up your fruit and veg from the greengrocers. The Turban Centre also has the advantage of a good sized Co-Op store.
Just 15 minutes down the road you will find a Tesco store, as well as a small M&S food branch both in Martlesham. Most big name supermarkets will deliver to Juniper Cottage.
Eating and drinking out: You need not look far if you fancy eating out in Woodbridge. From fine dining to high street favourites, independent to chain - there are plenty of pubs, restaurants and cafes here to keep you satisfied.
- The front door steps down into the living area with 2 sofas, coffee tables, Smart TV with SKY and Netflix, a good selection of books, DVD's (including children's DVDs), board games and maps of the local area. Dining area with round table and chairs for six. A daybed in the corner provides a good alternative if a ground floor bedroom is required.
- Galley Kitchen with wooden worktops, fridge, 4 slice toaster, kettle, microwave, children's plates and cutlery, cafietiere, dishwasher, 4 ring gas hob and electric oven. Plenty of storage space.
- Utility/Boot room with washer/dryer, freezer and plenty of boot storage. Door to the courtyard.
- Ground floor family bathroom with basin, w.c., bath with overhead shower, bathroom cabinets and shaving mirror.
- Straight staircase leads to the first floor. The understairs cupboard houses an iron, ironing board, hoover and clothes horse.
- Double bedroom, bedside unit and lamp, built in wardrobe with hanging space.
- A step up from the landing into the twin bedroom with 2 full sized single beds, bedside unit and lamps, chest of drawers and small walk-in wardrobe with hanging space.
- A sunny, paved, terraced garden, with outside furniture and raised decking.
- Central heating is included
- Bed linen and towels provided, but please bring your own beach towels if you are planning a trip to the coast. If using the travel cot, please provide your own bedding for it.
- Please do not smoke in Juniper Cottage
- Wifi is provided but do note that the connection may be slower and patchier than you might be used to.
A lovely cottage, well equipped and very comfortable. It has been ideal as a home from home whilst we have been sorting our boat at TMYH for the coming season. There's been plentiful hot water and the cottage it very warm; woodburner has been wonderful in what has been a very chilly week outside. We only have positives to report and hope to return next year. It has been convenient and relaxing after a hard days work outside.
Lovely cottage in a very good position. Woodbridge lovely place to stay.
Lovely cottage in a very good position. Woodbridge lovely place to stay.
Very Comfortable cottage, well appointed, very pleased, Thank you
Very Comfortable cottage; well appointed. Very pleased - thank you.
We had a delightful Christmas holiday in your lovely cottage. Ideal location , cosy fire, beautiful holiday decorations. We enjoyed several nice walks, afternoon pub visits and thoroughfare shopping. The kitchen is perfectly equipped, the beds so comfortable. Thank you for such a thoughtfully appointed cottage.
Beautiful cottage, beautiful town! So well equipped, had a lovely time, thank you.
What a beautiful cottage! If you like history we wold recommend Orford Castle, Languard Fort Felixstowe, as well as Framlingham Castle and The Tide Mill. We have had such a lovely relaxing time, the cottage has everything we could possibly want. Thank you
It was a pleasure to stay in such a well equipped cottage. The coffee maker and the pretty outside area make breakfast extra special. We had excellent meals at The Table in Woodbridge, and would highly recommend Darsham Nurseries Cafe serving seasonal and homemade dishes, beautiful gardens too. Thanks for a wonderful stay!