- £436 per week
- £62 per night
- 2 Guests
- 1 Bedroom
- 1 Bathroom
- No Pets
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 double bed
- Towels provided
- Enclosed garden
- Ground floor bath/shower room
Important - Please note
- Check in: 7:00pm
- Check out: 9:00am
To give our cleaners enough time to complete the additional cleaning and sanitising that is currently needed to keep our guests safe, check-in and check-out times at the majority of our properties have been temporarily revised. The revised times for this property are reflected above.
Stylish Knot Cottage in the heart of Woodbridge, the perfect couple’s bolthole for a self catering holiday, close to shops, restaurants and the Suffolk coast.
This beautifully presented period property offers contemporary holiday living for two. Coastal style interiors are cosy and comfortable with accommodation over two floors; the master bedroom on the first floor and there’s a charming open plan living space on the ground floor. Step outside and relax on the pretty terrace courtyard, furnished with table and chairs, it’s a perfect spot for alfresco dining. This pretty self catering holiday cottage in Woodbridge is a great option for a couple looking to spend time close to the Suffolk coast with all amenities close at hand.
Woodbridge is a charming riverside market town with local pubs, book shops, antique shops and local food shops. This area is perfect for a cycling or walking holiday with some excellent trails and woodland walks. It’s just a short drive to Shingle Street and Orford, a coastal village with a fascinating 12th century castle keep. Visit nearby Aldeburgh, a quintessential seaside town on the Suffolk coast with stylish shops, cafes, delis and prom. Be sure to pick up some fish and chips and picnic on the beach!
Shops and pubs on the doorstep, Sutton Hoo 2 miles, Suffolk coast is a 15 minute drive away. Aldeburgh 18 miles, Orford 12 miles, Snape 10 miles, Southwold 28 miles, Framlingham 12 miles
Why we love this property… a bijoux bolthole for romantics. Relax and enjoy the cosy interiors, explore the beautiful market town of Woodbridge or head to the seaside for a picnic.
- Living area: sofa, armchair, TV, coffee table, lamps, bookshelves (books, board games,walking maps of Suffolk and general information/history books of the area).
- Shower room: double width walk-in shower, wash hand basin, cupboard, WC.
- Kitchen: pull out table with collapsible chairs, electric oven, hob, fridge. Doors to private courtyard and side alley.
Steep, narrow staircase leads to first floor
(may also be unsuitable for those with mobility problems.)
- Landing/Reading room: traditional school writing desk, bookcase.
- Bedroom 1: double bed, bedside units and lamps, chest, built in wardrobe.
- Outside: small, private courtyard garden with patio area and 3 steps leading up to a shingle seating area with table and 2 chairs.
- Parking: no dedicated parking space for Knot Cottage, you can pull up on the other side of the road outside to drop off your belongings.
- Sleeps: 2 in 1 bedrooms.
- Pets: sorry, no pets.
- Heating: central heating.
- Notes: WiFi (connection may be slow and patchy), linen and towels provided, please bring your own beach towels. No smoking. Check in: 4pm. Check out: 10am.
- The front door opens into the living area with 2 seat sofa, armchair, TV, electric fire, coffee table, lamps, bookshelves and books, boardgames, magazines, walking maps of Suffolk and general information books on the history of the area. There is a built in cupboard which houses the BBQ (in winter).
- Shower room with double width walk-in shower, basin, cupboard, wc and heated towel rail.
- Shaker kitchen with wood effect worktop, sink, pull out table with collapsible chairs, electric oven and 4 ring hob, fridge, radio with iPod dock, kettle, cafetiere, toaster. Doors lead out to the private courtyard and side alley.
Steep, narrow staircase leads to:
- Traditional cottage stairs lead to the first floor. These are quite steep and narrow and curve in the middle. There is a hand rail, but it is open at the bottom. These may also be unsuitable for those with mobility problems.
- Landing/Reading room with traditional school writing desk with inkwell and chair and bookcase with a vast selection of books and DVDs. There is a hairdryer.
- Double bedroom with low profile double bed, bedside drawer units and lamps, chest of drawers and a built in wardrobe with hanging space.
- A small, private courtyard garden with patio area and 3 steps leading up to a shingle seating area with table and 2 chairs.
- Includes BBQ (in summer).
- Central heating is included.
- Bed linen and towels provided, but please bring your own beach towels if you are planning a trip to the coast.
- No smoking.
- Wifi is provided but do note that the connection may be slower and patchier than you might be used to.
Mariners Cottage was very clean and lovely warm on our arrival.
The property was very nice, centrally located, clean and nicely compact, it was lovely to have the out door space to sit .