There is a light and modern interior to this semi-detached period town house situated in the centre of the historic market town of Woodbridge. With large and open rooms, the house is perfect for families wishing to explore the Suffolk Coast in style. Just seconds from local eateries and shops and just over one hour from London by train - leave the car at home!
About this Woodbridge Property: This beautifully presented semi-detached period town house has been completely refurbished to provide contemporary holiday accommodation for up to 5. The front door opens onto a generous sized hall with storage; doors lead to the sitting room on one side and kitchen/diner on the other. Both main entertainment rooms are large and spacious, the sitting room benefits from an elegant contemporary log burning stove, so perfect for winter nights. The fully fitted kitchen too has the holidaymaker in mind, with a sleek finish as well as plenty of storage space and equipment. There is a ground floor shower room, perfect after a day's sailing or a trip to the seaside. Doors from the dining area lead out on to the fully fenced courtyard garden, a delight in the summer for barbecue al fresco dining. The layout of 19 New Street flows naturally and beautifully and whilst still providing areas for quiet reflection and family fun. The spacious feel continues upstairs with 3 generous bedrooms and a family bathroom. The Double Bedroom also has the addition of a sheltered balcony, with views over the Woodbridge rooftops, ideal for early risers who enjoy a morning coffee.
Due to the nature of the property, 19 New Street is only suitable for children aged 5 +. Babes in arms however are welcome.
Exploring: 19 New Street could not be in a better location. Situated in the very centre of the historic market town of Woodbridge, the popular Thoroughfare is just seconds from the front door. There is plenty to do in the area. Keen walkers will love taking a stroll along the picturesque River Deben with plenty of paths to choose from. Perfect for anyone keen on the water, there are opportunities for sailing, canoeing and boat trips within a few minutes walk. Historians too will want to pay a visit to the Anglo-Saxon burial site at Sutton Hoo, just a 10 minute drive away, along with the Tide Mill Museum in Woodbridge itself - one of the first in the country!
For the children, there is plenty to do. The Thoroughfare is bursting with shops including well known high street brands and some independent ones too. Woodbridge also has two generous sized parks - Elmhurst and Kingston, both of which are perfect for picnics or a game of football. The cinema at The Riverside is also popular with families, showing a variety of genres daily.
Parking: There is no designated parking at 19 New Street. There is a car park around the corner (less than a minute on foot) with free parking between 6:00 pm and 8:00 am as well as plenty of others in Woodbridge, and free parking on the streets nearby, in particular, Castle Street. Parking permits can be purchased for the car park at £10 per week from the Tourist Information Centre but these cannot be used at the nearest car park.
Leave the car at home and take the train. With a train station within a 10 minute walk of 19 New Street, you can get to Woodbridge from London Liverpool Street in just over an hour.
Self Catering Eating and Drinking: Woodbridge is a foodie haven - just next door is The Bakehouse Bakery, round the corner is Cook (top quality frozen food). There's also an old fashioned sweet shop, a butcher, fishmonger, outstanding greengrocer, another excellent award winning bakery, farmer's market (2nd and 4th Saturday of every month, held in the community hall behind the Deben swimming pool), regular weekly market (Thursday mornings, in the Hamblin Road car park) and two small supermarkets (Budgens and Co-op) with good selections of local produce. And if you need some good wine or beer to go with your good food you've got Woodbridge Wines on the Thoroughfare and the Adnams shop (who also do some excellent treats and nibbles) near the train station.
Eating and Drinking Out: Where to begin? You really are spoilt for choice. Woodbridge boasts far more good eateries than a town of its size really should. Good eating pubs include The Anchor, The Kings Head and The Angel (NB if you like a G&T The Angel is a must-visit, stocking over 220 gins with a variety of tonics, along with a fabulous selection of other spirits, real ales and lagers). Nearby The Old Mariner serves tapas, while Ye Olde Bell and Steelyard apparently does a great Sunday roast. Restaurants range from family-friendly dining at Prezzo (Italian) and the East Coast Diner (posh hotdogs, pizzas and cocktails), to the more 'grown-up' venues ofThe Table, The Galley,The Riverside (one-stop date-night restaurant and cinema) and The Crown. If you like a curry there is a choice of three good Indian restaurants within a short walk of 19 New Street at Charisma, the Shapla and the Royal Bengal, and for Chinese food you have the Golden Panda.
You've also got a lovely selection of cafes and coffee shops for light lunches and snacks - Wild Strawberry Cafe, Honey & Harvey, The Firestation, The Tea Hut, The Pavilion, Mrs Pipers Tea Shop, Georgian Coffee House... and all of these eateries and more are within easy walking distance of 19 New Street!
For lots more information on the local area, check out Visit Woodbridge.
- Sleeps 5
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- No pets
- No private parking
- WiFi available
- Friday changeover
- Open fire/woodburner
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- No smoking
- Enclosed garden
- Nearest shop 0.1 mile
- Nearest pub 0.1 mile
- 0.1 mile from the coast
- Ground floor bathroom
- Hall with plenty of hooks for coats and storage for shoes. Stairs leading to the first floor. A door on the right with a slight step up leads to the kitchen. A door on the left with a slight step up leads to the sitting room.
- Sitting Room with log burning stove, L-shaped sofa seating 3-4, easy chair, footstool, bookcase with a selection of books, DVDs and board games, wall mounted flat screen TV showing SKY. Towards the back of the room there is a stained glass window feature with a storage rack to the left containing glassware along with a small table with chairs for two. A door leads into the Shower Room.
- Shower Room with corner power shower, w.c., hand basin, heated towel rail and hooks on both the wall and the back of the door for towels and belongings.
- Kitchen (which can be accessed via the Hall or the Sitting Room) with fully fitted units, granite worktops with breakfast bar and stools for two, sink, dishwasher, oven, electric 4 ring hob, kettle, large double sized fridge/freezer, toaster and plenty of cooking utensils. Dining Area with decorative dresser, wooden table with bench style seat and upholstered button back seating - accommodating a total of 6. A door opens onto the courtyard garden.
- A carpeted easy staircase leads to the first floor. It leads to the half landing where the stairs split in two directions. To the left, further stairs lead to the family bathroom, single and master bedrooms. To the right, further stairs lead to the double bedroom . Please see the floor plan for further clarification.
- Family Bathroom with built in unit containing the modern w.c., hand basin and storage with a large mirror behind. Bath with over head shower, heated towel rail. A fitted cupboard reveals the washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Single Bedroom with standard size single bed, bedside table and lamp, wooden hooks on the wall and on the reverse of the door, tall storage unit and drawer unit for storing clothes, old fashioned writing desk with chair and iPad holder.
- Master Bedroom with King sized bed, bedside tables and lamp, dressing table, mirror and chair, storage rack with coat hangers and shoe rack. Frosted windows let light in from New Street but give plenty of privacy, complete with wooden shutters. A door leads onto the right hand landing which contains a small chest of drawers and a door to the Master Bedroom.
- Double Bedroom with Double Bed, bedside tables and lamps, dressing table, stool and mirror, small chest of drawers and a built in wardrobe. Frosted windows give light from New Street but allow privacy, complete with wooden shutters. A door leads out onto the spacious balcony with views onto the courtyard garden and Library beyond with a small table and chairs for two, perfect for morning coffee.
- Fully fenced courtyard garden with beds and sunny, south facing patio with table and chairs. Fully landscaped for the summer, the garden will include a covered cooking area with fridge and bbq and storage.
- Bed linen and towels provided, but please bring your own beach towels if you are planning a trip to the coast
- In consideration of the owners and other guests, smoking is not permitted at 19 New Street
- Wifi is provided but do note that the connection may be slower and patchier than you might be used to.
- Parking: There is no designated parking at 19 New Street. There is a car park around the corner (free parking from 6:00 pm to 8:00 am) as well as plenty of others in Woodbridge, and free parking on the streets nearby, in particular, Castle Street. Weekly permits can be purchased from the Woodbridge Library for around £10 per week.
- Due to the nature of the property, 19 New Street is only suitable for children aged 5+
Lovely house right in the centre of Woodbridge, very nicely furnished, kitchen supplied with good quality items and everything you need. Loved our stay here.Mrs Sharon Hockaday - 18th April 2018
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The house was great and perfect for being in the center of town. We will definitely rent again.Mr Chris Wolkenstein - 6th April 2018
19 New Street is a lovely house, a real home from home. We couldn't have been more comfortable there. The downstairs space is superb for large families or gatherings, with the ability to walk around the entire ground floor. Very comfortable, perfectly located. We loved the location of the house within Woodbridge. Amazingly quiet for such a central location. Highly recommended. Mr Tom Batchelor - 8th August 2017
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Cretingham Golf Club Unlimited Golf Packages - Cretingham Golf Club
These fabulous value packages provides unlimited golf for either 3, 5 or 7 days during your holiday. Prices from £65.
- £65.00 - £130.00
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Spicers of Hythe Ltd 20% discount on Hampers of Distinction
A hamper of distinction from Spicers of Hythe adds a little luxury to any occasion. We offer 20% off a beautifully presented hamper of gourmet delights.
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Open Top Touring Classic Sports Car Hire & Tour
Take in the sights of Suffolk in true style with a day’s self-drive tour in a open top classic sports car. Prices from £135 to £155.
Dineindulge Dineindulge - private dining service
Enjoy private dining in the comfort of your holiday property. Dineindulge offer a personal chef service with restaurant quality cuisine from only £25 per perso...