DescriptionA light and spacious house located in the very heart of Woodbridge that will delight a group of friends or families meeting for a special occasion. With its contemporary interior, generous sitting room, well equipped kitchen and private, off street parking, Mason's Yard has all the ingredients for a relaxing getaway.
About the property: Mason's Yard is the perfect setting for a family gathering or group of friends wanting to spend quality time together. The house has been decorated with a fresh and clean feel but there is a sense of fun with pops of bright colours and interesting art-work and ornaments throughout. You won?t be without mod cons with TV, DVD player and WiFi all being there to make your stay as homely as possible.
Downstairs there?s plenty of room for your party to spread out. Enjoy the cosy study room bursting with books, the comfortable lounge, ideal for chatting the evenings away and the spacious dining area after cooking up a feast in the open, well equipped kitchen. Upstairs there is generous family bathroom and 4 spacious bedrooms; 1 superking with ensuite and walk in wardrobe (there?s no need to worry about over packing here!) and 2 doubles, 1 with en suite, and 1 single bedroom.
Beautifully presented, private parking and in a wonderful location - right in the very centre of the vibrant market town of Woodbridge, you can?t really go wrong with Mason's Yard
Sleeps: Seven in one king, two doubles, and one single bedroom.
Parking:Off street, private parking.
This property is ideal for: This large house is ideal for families of groups of friends wanting to discover everything that the delightful town of Woodbridge, and the surrounding Suffolk Coast has to offer. Woodbridge if full of history and charm with lots of wonderful eateries, interesting shopping centre, art galleries, town museum and an excellent cinema/theatre. The river Deben meanders through Woodbridge offering walkers and bird watchers an idyllic footpath by the water's edge. With Orford, Snape and Aldeburgh all nearby and some brilliant places such as Sutton Hoo visitors' centre, Framlingham Castle and Easton Farm Park, all within driving distance there?s plenty to keep everyone entertained.
Self-catering eating and drinking: A short stroll will bring you to the local amenities, including general stores, delis, bakers and butchers, greengrocers and fishmongers. The local produce in Woodbridge is outstanding. The Woodbridge Farmers' Market is held every second and fourth Saturday of the month; a great place to stock up on locally-sourced produce and there is a regular fruit and veg market every Thursday. Click here for Local Food producers.
Eating and drinking out: There are a number of excellent, and very old, traditional Suffolk pubs within walking distance of Mason's Yard. Just some include: Ye Olde Bell and Steel Yard, New Street. A warm welcome awaits at this charming 16th Century Inn, the oldest pub in town. Enjoy the local real ales, cider and menu of home cooked food using fresh local produce. The Anchor, Quay Street 01394 382649. Serving an excellent menu and traditional local ales in a relaxing and friendly atmosphere, The Anchor is a favourite with locals and visitors alike. For a comfortable, relaxed family meal there is Prezzo Woodbridge,an Italian restaurant and just along the street from Mason's Yard.
There are also some top class restaurants: The Riverside is a great contemporary restaurant serving tapas type lunches and excellent evening meals. In good weather you can sit outside - excellent ice cream available from their ice cream parlour. At the top of the square close to the Shire Hall is The Galley - fine dining in a really pleasant atmosphere.
For much more information on the area take a look at our local sites. Visit Woodbridge, Visit Orford, Visit Aldeburgh and Visit Framlingham
- Sleeps 7
- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- 1 Well-behaved pet allowed
- WiFi available
- Open fire/woodburner
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- No smoking
- Enclosed garden
- Nearest shop 0.1 mile
- Nearest pub 0.1 mile
- 0.1 mile from the coast
- The front door opens into the hall. Immediately in front of you is the door to the open plan dining area/kitchen. The dining area includes two long wooden tables pushed close together to make a good sized dining table, chairs to seat seven, with an additional chair to the side. To the back of the dining area is a table with Bose speakers (with cable to connect mobile phone or iPod). The French doors in the dining room open up to the private patio. The kitchen is well equipped with Smeg gas oven, cafetiere x 4, large toaster, small integrated fridge, small integrated freezer, small integrated dishwasher. There?s also plenty of crockery, cutlery and utensils, a variety of candles and a couple of heated towel rails. Through an open doorway is a further section of the kitchen which is equipped with washing machine, tumble dryer, full size dishwasher, full size fridge, microwave, iron, and ironing board. There is also a back door to the patio.
- To the left, as you enter the house, you?ll find the study room which is equipped with a folded sofa bed, wooden desk and chair, and a wall full of a wide variety of books.
- Travel along the hallway there?s a downstairs bathroom to your right, complete with w.c., wash basin, mirror and plenty of coat hooks along the wall.
- Continue down the hallway there?s the spacious living room which features two single sofas with individual footstools, two sofas, wooden chair, coal fireplace, TV, chest of drawers, lovely collection of ornaments and candles. The French doors open out to the patio garden.
- The stairs to the first floor are curved with a handrail to one side.
- Bedroom 1 - A large king bedded room. A wonderfully bright room with bedside table, lamp, radio, full length mirror, vintage look display cabinet and single chair. The ensuite bathroom has a shower, bath, wash basin, w.c. and heated towel rail. Through the en suite to the right is a walk in wardrobe which has stacks of shelf and hanging space.
- Bedroom 2 - A good sized double bedroom fitted with two chest of drawers, lamp and a variety of artwork.
- Bedroom 3 - Lovely single bedroom with built in corner shelf unit, decorative fireplace and two chairs.
- Bedroom 4 - Spacious double bed room with chest of drawers, clothes rail with hangers, mid length mirror, lamp, CD player with speakers and a corner chair. The en suite bathroom has a shower, wash basin, w.c. and heated towel rail.
- Family Bathroom - Bath with shower head, washbasin and w.c., wall cabinet, mirror and heated towel rail.
- Washing machine and tumble dryer in kitchen
- Central heating, lighting, linen and towels included
- Heating by electric radiators
- Guests are asked to consider other holidaymakers and not smoke in the house
- A limited wifi service is provided. Internet reception can be patchy and the connection provided should NOT be relied on for work use and is unsuitable for games or downloading of films. Excessive use of the internet will be charged at cost.
- Private, enclosed, patio garden
- Parking outside front of the property
Our family really enjoyed the holiday at Mason's Yard. From Grandma (87) to our little grandson (1), it was an ideal property for us all. The house has plenty of space, a smashing light and airy sitting room and a huge well-equipped kitchen, in fact everything you could ask for, including two parking spaces. We actually had four cars but it was easy to park in the Station's car park, very cheap and only a short walk away, so no bother at all. The house is so well situated, right in the middle of Woodbridge. We all liked walking round and not having to get in the car. There are shops, museums, a theatre/cinema, pubs, bars, restaurants, all sorts of places to visit, right on the doorstep. Suffolk Cottage Holidays were so helpful as well, they answered all our questions about the property, which helped us bring the right stuff with us. We would all highly recommend this property to any family wanting to stay in a superb town in a superb property.Mrs Marilynn Haigh - 17th April 2018
Mason's Yard was a fantastic location and home from home for us, for a family celebration over a long weekend (no children in the group). The kitchen in particular, with its large and bright seating area, was great for meals, chatting, reading the papers and more. The house is very well furnished and the bedrooms were excellent. Good to have parking for 2 cars, too. Mrs Nichola Steele - Williams - 15th September 2017
Spacious, comfortable house in the centre of town with all amenities on the doorstep, yet still very quiet. Each day we enjoyed the lovely circular walk along the estuary and through the park, great for the family and our dog. Mrs Linda Wells - 2nd August 2017
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Nomad Sea Kayaking Nomad Sea Kayaking Adventure
Get active with an adventure sea kayaking experience. See a different view of Suffolk’s waterside landscape and wildlife, on one of these truly memorable tr...
Emma Crowhurst - Private Chef Private chef to cook your dinner
For a truly relaxing holiday, why not treat yourself to a private chef to cook for you. Bespoke dining experiences courtesy of local chef Emma Crowhurst
Big Sky Yoga Private Yoga Session
Relax into your Suffolk holiday with a private yoga session in the comfort of your holiday cottage or garden from leading yoga instructor Angie Lee-Foster.
Ufford Park Health & Spa Two for One Fire and Ice Spa Day at Ufford Park Spa
Treat yourself and a partner to the ultimate indulgent day of relaxation at The Thermal Suite, Ufford Park Spa, plus enjoy 25% discount on treatments.
Cretingham Golf Club Unlimited Golf Packages - Cretingham Golf Club
These fabulous value packages provides unlimited golf for either 3, 5 or 7 days during your holiday. Prices from £65.
- £65.00 - £130.00
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Spicers of Hythe Ltd 20% discount on Hampers of Distinction
A hamper of distinction from Spicers of Hythe adds a little luxury to any occasion. We offer 20% off a beautifully presented hamper of gourmet delights.
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price