- £635 per week
- £91 per night
- 5 Guests
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- No Pets
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 double bed
- 3 single beds
- 2 bathrooms
- Towels provided
- Open fire or woodburner
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- Family friendly
- Private parking
A charming period holiday home with beautiful interiors, right in the heart of historic Woodbridge with stylish shops, delis and pubs on the doorstep.
Dating back to 1577, this striking property was set up as The Free Grammar School by Thomas Arnott. Later it was used as the Woodbridge Workhouse. But today, gone are the desks and quills, this much loved Suffolk home has been stripped back to expose old beams, fascinating wood carvings and stripped wooden floors. Now completely refurbished, accommodation is mainly on the first floor with three comfortable bedrooms and a stunning open plan living space leading onto a beautiful balcony with fabulous views over the rooftops and the river.. perfect for relaxing with a coffee over breakfast.
Head into Woodbridge just a short stroll away, a charming riverside market town with local pubs, book shops, antique shops and local food shops. Woodbridge Farmers' Market is held every second and fourth Saturday of the month - perfect for stocking up on locally-sourced produce.
Shops and pubs on the doorstep. Orford 12 miles, Bawdsey 11 miles, Snape 13 miles, Aldeburgh 20 miles.
Why we love this property… Simply charming and with its wood burning stove and sunny south facing balcony, it’s a great option whatever the season.
- Entrance hall: space for coats, buggy storage etc.
- Cloakroom: wash hand basin, WC.
- Sitting room: wood burning stove, sofas and easy chairs. Door to south facing balcony with rooftop views.
- Kitchen: electric oven and hob, fridge with freezer compartment, washer/dryer, dishwasher and microwave.
- Dining area: dining table and 6 chairs, dresser.
- Bedroom 1: double bed. Estuary views.
- Bedroom 2: twin beds.
- Bedroom 3: single bed.
- Bathroom: bath, hand held shower, wash hand basin, WC.
- Shower room: shower, wash hand basin, WC.
- Outside: first floor balcony with table and chairs views of the town and River Deben beyond.
- Parking: garage parking for one car. Additional parking can be found in the car park closeby. Weekly parking permits available from the Tourist Information Centre.
- Sleeps: 5 in 3 bedrooms.
- Pets: sorry, no pets.
- Heating: central heating.
- Notes: WiFi-superfast broadband. Linen and towels provided. Complimentary initial basket of logs is also provided. No smoking. Check in: 4pm. Check out: 10am.
- The entrance hall has area for coats etc with space for buggy storage. It leads to a ground floor cloakroom with wash basin and w.c.
- Living accommodation is on the 1st floor. The large sitting room has a wood burner, beams and stud work, sofas and easy chairs, occasional tables and lamps. There is a door leading to a wonderful south facing balcony with fantastic views over the roof tops towards the Deben Estuary and Sutton Hoo on the far side of the river. The kitchen has been completely refurbished and is fully fitted with electric oven and hob, fridge with freezer compartment, washer/dryer, dishwasher and microwave. The dining area is spacious with a table and 6 chairs and a dresser with china and cutlery. Both the dining room and kitchen have lovely views over the extensive wooded grounds of Woodbridge Private School and the roofscape of Woodbridge
- There are three bedrooms on the 2nd floor, the double having wonderful views over to the estuary. The 2nd bedroom has twin beds whilst the 3rd is an enchanting cosy single. There are two bathrooms, one with shower, wash basin and w.c., and the other with bath, hand held shower, wash basin and w.c.
- There is a 1st floor balcony with table and chairs where you can enjoy the afternoon sun and the magnificent views of the town and River Deben beyond
- There is a garage at 11a Theatre Street to park in. Alternatively, there is a public car park to the right of the property.
- Full central heating throughout, bed linen and towels are provided
- A complimentary initial basket of logs is also provided
- The Angel - tel. 01394 383808
- Ye Olde Bell and Steel Yard - tel. 01394 382933
- The Anchor - tel. 01394 382649
- The Kings Head - tel. 01394 387750. Please note some rural pubs have closed down in recent months with little or no notice - so please do check the status if this is a criteria for your choice of property
- Superfast fibre broadband installed October 2013
ThIS property is ideally located in Woodbridge near shops and restaurants and is very spacious. We had a lovely stay and would definitely recommend.
a comfortable and characterful cottage
We very much enjoyed this charming home near the city center. Beds were nice, and kitchen worked well. We were delighted at the welcome and the teapot and pretty china. Our son had a broken leg and maneuvered the stairs just fine. We used the car park next door since we were still learning our car. From this house, we explored Sutton Hoo and Orford Castle. Great choice for our family of four.