DescriptionA delightful Victorian cottage in the very heart of Woodbridge, superbly positioned in a square which surrounds the church of St John's, with its iconic spire.
ORFORD 12 miles (19km), BAWDSEY 11 miles (16km), SNAPE 13 miles (21km), ALDEBURGH 20 miles (33km)
About the Property: Spacious, comfortable and decorated throughout in subtle shades of white, this early Victorian terraced cottage feels light and airy at any time of year. A gate leads into the tiny cottage garden at the front of the cottage. There is a long, private paved cottage garden to the rear where the white theme continues - apple and weeping pear trees, roses and scented climbers - the garden is both private and sunny. A shed at the back for bike storage and gate to another side street makes life really easy for cyclists. There is a table and chairs and an outside bench where you can read in peace.
This property is ideal for: A relaxing getaway for a family or two couples.
Parking: There is no designated parking for the property, however you can purchase a Parking Permit from Woodbridge Library in order to use a nearby car park for the duration of your stay.
Setting: A short walk from The Thoroughfare and Elmhurst Park, White Cottage is tucked away in the heart of Woodbridge.
Exploring: Adults and older children (10+) will love White Cottage for its proximity to the shops, pubs and restaurants, The Riverside Theatre and superb ancient buildings and museums. Woodbridge is situated on the banks of the River Deben just a mile from Sutton Hoo and the Sandlings lie beyond - rare and wildlife rich heathlands, which stretch all the way to the coast at Bawdsey on Suffolk's heritage coast. This is a great location for walkers, cyclists and anyone with an interest in boats - there are sailing, cruising and canoe clubs in Woodbridge as well as a super boating lake - the experts are there at the weekend! For a gentle stroll walk along Woodbridge's glorious river bank to Kyson Point, or stride out across the heaths to Sutton. Despite its proximity to rail links to London, Woodbridge still retains that pleasant sleepy feel which pervades the Suffolk coast.
Eating and Drinking Out: Woodbridge boasts an array of pubs and restaurants and the surrounding area is fast becoming a foodie haven. The Riverside, next door to The Riverside Theatre, is recommended by The Good Food Guide 2012 has a delicious modern menu. Just outside of the town of Woodbridge lies Seckford Hall, which serves elegant food to the highest standards. Further afield, Milsoms in Kesgrave is a popular spot for dining at all hours of the day with breakfast, lunch and dinner menus available. There are excellent cafes and bakeries in neighbouring villages as well - with the famous Pump Street Bakery a must visit for newcomers to the area.
Self-Catering Eating: There is a Co-op on The Thoroughfare in Woodbridge alongside a greengrocers, deli and bakery. There is a Tesco Extra and an M&S Food at Martlesham which is a 10 minute drive away.
For more information about the area, including restaurants, pubs, cafes, shopping facilities, and things to do, please see our online guide Visit Woodbridge.
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- No pets
- No private parking
- No WiFi
- Friday changeover
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- No smoking
- Nearest shop 0.1 mile
- Nearest pub 0.1 mile
- 0.1 mile from the coast
- There are coat hooks by the front door and space for shoes and boots. The sitting room has two sofas, coffee table, gas, coal effect fire, large flat screen TV with DVD and full HD Sky package, radio/CD player, IPod doc, and wi fi. There is an antique corner cabinet and book shelves in the alcove
- The dining area has a large wooden refectory style table and 6 chairs, writing desk and mirror.
- A door leads from the dining room to the kitchen, which has a stable door to the garden beyond. The oven is electric, the hob gas; there is a microwave, fridge (with small freezer compartment), dishwasher, toaster and kettle
- A door from the kitchen leads to the utility room where there is a washer/dryer, laundry equipment, further sink and w.c.
- Straight stairs lead from the sitting room to the first floor
- The double bedroom has Super King bed. There are attractive antique bedside tables and lamps and radio, a chest of drawers with mirror above, shelving and hooks and hangers for hanging clothes. The room is finished off with a pretty Victorian fireplace. The sash window has both blinds and curtains and looks out over St John's Church and grounds
- The twin bedroom has two full sized single beds, a bedside table and lamp, chest of drawers and hooks, window blind and curtains with views over the rear garden and the rooftops of Woodbridge
- The comfortable bathroom includes the original cast iron bath with overhead shower, heated towel rail, dressing table and linen cupboard
- To the front of the cottage is a tiny gated walled garden. The rear garden is very private; largely terraced it has white flower borders (Sissinghurst theme) with a weeping pear and apple tree, mature roses and shrubs. There is a table and chairs, deck chairs and garden benches and a parasol. It is south facing so in good weather sunny throughout the day. There is a rear gate so cyclists can bring their bikes into the garden and leave them in the garden shed.
- Bed linen and towels are provided, please bring your own beach towels
- The cottage is heated by gas central heating with a coal effect gas fire in the sitting room
- There is on road unrestricted parking outside and in the vicinity of the cottage
- PLEASE NOTE: Children under 10 are not permitted at this property
- An unlimited broadband / wifi service is provided. Internet reception can be patchy and the connection provided should NOT be relied on for work use and may be unsuitable for games or downloading of films.
- The Angel - tel. 01394 383808
- The Anchor - tel. 01394 382649
- The Kings Head - tel. 01394 387750. Please note some rural pubs have closed down in recent months with little or no notice - so please do check the status if this is a criteria for your choice of property
- Parking: There is no designated parking at White Cottage. There is a car park around the corner as well as plenty of others in Woodbridge. Weekly permits can be purchased from the Woodbridge Library for around £10 per week. For more information please contact Suffolk Cottage Holidays.
Woodbridge is a lovely town and White Cottage made it a prefect stay.Mr David Johnson - 25th September 2017
It is a very tastefully furnished Victorian Cottage, all in white, and spotlessly clean and maintained. The beds are very comfortable and the garden very pleasant and generally, the cottage is extremely easy to live in and manage. Love the fact there is a utility room at the end of he kitchen, with all mod cons, very well-maintained. It was our second visit and hopefully, we shall return again.Dr B Hardisty - 2nd August 2017
A lovely Cottage with everything you could need. Ideal location, close to everything. Â We hope to be back soon!A previous customer - 18th August 2016
The cottage was lovely. The furnishings were to a very high quality, the location was fantastic, and the cottage had a very nice feel to it. It had a lot of character and was stylishly presented.Alistair H, Cheshire - 28th August 2015
Our second visit to White Cottage and another fabulous stay. Â This is everything we need to make our stay easy and stress free, we will be back soonA previous customer - 27th August 2015
We were very happy; the charm of the cottage, its decor, furnishings, and equipment, and location in centre of Woodbridge.Brian H, Oxfordshire - 29th March 2015
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Cretingham Golf Club Unlimited Golf Packages - Cretingham Golf Club
These fabulous value packages provides unlimited golf for either 3, 5 or 7 days during your holiday. Prices from £65.
- £65.00 - £130.00
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Spicers of Hythe Ltd 20% discount on Hampers of Distinction
A hamper of distinction from Spicers of Hythe adds a little luxury to any occasion. We offer 20% off a beautifully presented hamper of gourmet delights.
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Open Top Touring Classic Sports Car Hire & Tour
Take in the sights of Suffolk in true style with a day’s self-drive tour in a open top classic sports car. Prices from £135 to £155.
Dineindulge Dineindulge - private dining service
Enjoy private dining in the comfort of your holiday property. Dineindulge offer a personal chef service with restaurant quality cuisine from only £25 per perso...