DescriptionWith wonderful views across pastures and meadows towards the River Deben, Netherfen's setting is truly idyllic. With beams, inglenook, AGA and lots of space, Netherfen offers complete privacy, surrounded by its own garden. Perfect for a quiet country retreat for 4.
WOODBRIDGE 4 miles (6 km), ORFORD 9 miles (14 km), SNAPE 15 miles (24 km), ALDEBURGH 23 miles (36 km), SOUTHWOLD 31 miles (50 km)
About the Property: Netherfen is a detached cottage situated down a quiet, narrow country lane close to the upper reaches of the River Deben near Woodbridge. Extremely spacious ground floor with large traditional farmhouse kitchen with AGA, spacious sitting and dining rooms, utility room and shower room.
Wonderful views across pastures and meadows towards the water meadows of the River Deben. The cottage is comfortably and tastefully furnished. A large inglenook fire in the spacious sitting room, a small but interesting selection of books and an AGA for cooking, make this a superb location for those winter holidays.
This property is ideal for: Netherfen is a quiet, spacious hideaway for four people in a tranquil location.
Parking: There is off road parking for 2 cars at the property, 1 car can be parked in the garage.
Setting: Down a quiet country lane just a few minutes walk from the centre of the village, Netherfen sits surrounded by beautiful, peaceful countryside.
Exploring: There are several lovely walks from the house, and with the property?s proximity to Rendlesham Forest there are also lots of off-road woodland and heathland tracks for walking, riding or cycling. Just a fifteen minute drive from the coast, be sure to visit Shingle Street, Aldeburgh and Thorpeness. The Suffolk Punch Trust is also a short drive away, as is the iconic Sutton Hoo just outside of Woodbridge - a market town brimming with pubs, restaurants, shops which sits on the banks of the River Deben. Why not enjoy a river cruise to see the gorgeous countryside, a variety of birds and maybe even a seal? Visit Bentwaters Cold War Museum in the neighbouring village of Rendlesham which has various exhibitions and details much of the military history of the area.
Eating and Drinking Out: The Elephant and Castle in Eyke is a fifteenth century pub which has a welcoming atmosphere and serves traditional, delicious food - the Sunday Roast is a must. A dog friendly pub, The Elephant and Castle also serves local Adnams beers as well as real and guest ales.
Winner of the ?Best Suffolk Pub? 2016/17, The Unruly Pig in the neighbouring village of Bromeswell has a contemporary British menu, incorporating local produce in dishes inspired by various cultures.
The Wilford Bridge has a beer garden which is lovely to enjoy in the summer as well as a fire place in the bar area that is put to good use in the winter months. This pub is the perfect place for those who enjoy fine food and drink in a traditional ambiance.
In Wickham Market sits Cafe 46, a boutique cafe with an excellent selection of cakes and sandwiches can be made on request. Weather permitting, you can sit outside or enjoy the cosy seating inside.
Self-Catered Eating: Eyke Stores is a quick drive or walk from the property, but if you wish to shop from a larger selection there is a Co-op and the excellent Revetts Butchers in Wickham Market which is roughly ten minutes away by car. There is also a Co-op in The Thoroughfare in Woodbridge as well as a bakery, deli and green grocers. The Tesco Extra at Martlesham is a fifteen minute drive away.
For more information about the area, including restaurants, pubs, cafes, shopping facilities, and things to do, please see our online guide Visit Woodbridge.
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 2 Well-behaved pets allowed
- WiFi available
- Saturday changeover
- Open fire/woodburner
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- No smoking
- Nearest shop 0.3 mile
- Nearest pub 0.3 mile
- 4.6 miles from the coast
- Ground floor bathroom
- Has ample built in hanging and storage space
- Please note the stairs are a little steep
- Double bedroom with airing cupboards, chest of drawers, bedside tables, SKY TV and video and lovely rural views
- Twin bedded room with hanging rail and chest of drawers and rural views over the meadow
- Bathroom with bath, wash hand basin and w.c. (connects to both bedrooms)
- Oil fired central heating
- Telephone for incoming calls
- Central heating, electricity, bed linen and towels included
- Guests are asked to consider other holidaymakers and not smoke in the cottage
- The Elephant & Castle, tel. 01394 421446. Please note some rural pubs have closed down in recent months with little or no notice, so please do check the status if this is a criterion for your choice of property
- Private and secluded gardens with wooden table, 4 chairs and bench
- Private gateway to water meadows
- Garage for 1 car and off road parking for 2 cars
- Entrance lobby
- Utility room/boot room with shower, w.c., washing machine, tumble dryer, sink and large free standing freezer
- Study with sofa, writing table and chairs; broadband connection
- Fully-fitted kitchen with AGA, fridge, coffee-maker, microwave. Flat screen television with SKY TV
- Sunny Conservatory/dining Room. Lovely views over the gardens and meadow beyond. Table and chairs to seat six, chest of drawers, coffee table and chairs with door to the gardens
- Double aspect interconnecting sitting rooms, accessed via both kitchen and conservatory. One overlooks the gardens and water meadow, whilst the other is heavily beamed with large inglenook fireplace with log burning stove, sofas, armchairs, coffee tables, TV & DVD and selection of books
We have had a lovely time here, the dogs have loved it too.A previous customer - 14th April 2016
Lovely dog friendly cottage in a great location which I have already recommended to a friend with dogs.Terry P, Hampshire - 22nd March 2015
We have had a lovely break in your Cottage. Â Lovely and peaceful and a cosy fire at night.ÂA previous customer - 24th February 2015
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Spicers of Hythe Ltd 20% discount on Hampers of Distinction
A hamper of distinction from Spicers of Hythe adds a little luxury to any occasion. We offer 20% off a beautifully presented hamper of gourmet delights.
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Dineindulge Dineindulge - private dining service
Enjoy private dining in the comfort of your holiday property. Dineindulge offer a personal chef service with restaurant quality cuisine from only £25 per perso...
ACT Studios Family & Friends Photography
Make your special holidays last beautifully forever with a fun one hour professional photography session at the location you choose. We meet you there.
Sponge Sponge Cakes
Want to celebrate during your holiday? 15% discount on award winning handmade sponge cakes delivered to your holiday cottage.