- £600 per week
- £86 per night
- 4 Guests
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 1 Pet
- Open fire or woodburner
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 king/super-king bed
- 2 single beds
- Washing machine
- 2 bathrooms
- 1 WC
- Towels provided
- En-suite bathroom
- Family friendly
- Private parking
- Ground floor WC
DescriptionHidden down a quiet country track, Boot Cottage is a true rural retreat yet within a couple of miles of the coast. Superbly refurbished for letting in 2014, the cottage has been completely revamped with the first floor converted to create two lovely en-suite bedrooms, each with their own staircase. Downstairs there are two charming reception rooms, a brand new kitchen, cloakroom and generous hall with a large garden beyond. Close to Iken, both Orford and Snape are within a 10 minute drive.
SNAPE 3.5 miles (5.5 km), ALDEBURGH 9 miles (14.5 km), ORFORD 5.5 miles (9 km), SOUTHWOLD 22 miles (35.5 km)
This Suffolk Cottage Holidays Property: Idyllic! This enchanting cottage lies deep in the heart of the Suffolk Coast & Heaths Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, yet is close to many Suffolk coast amenities. The cottage has been completely refurbished to create a light and spacious holiday property with two delightful bedrooms, one with super king and the other two singles. One bedroom has a large en suite bathroom/dressing room and the other a large shower room/dressing room. There is an intercommunicating door hidden between thick curtains to allow access between the two rooms when wanted - great for parents with young children. Each bedroom has its own staircase to the ground floor.
The sitting room has a lovely log burning stove, and the dining room can be used for quiet reading or board games. The modern kitchen is well equipped and spacious. An oak porch with pew seating has been created outside the front door and a suntrap terrace has been added for summer dining. Look out over the garden to the meadows beyond where there are often Red Poll cattle and a rich diversity of wildlife including woodpecker, egret, and barn owl. For more information on the property, please see here.
Ideal for: Just a mile from the Alde River, a stunning expanse of water with sandy beach and sailing boats, Boot Cottage will suit those seeking spectacular countryside and peaceful surroundings. Walkers, cyclists, birdwatchers, musicians and concert-goers will all adore this wonderful location. Painters and photographers will never be short of a landscape to capture. A quiet spot off the main tourist routes, it is still just minutes from restaurants, pubs and of course Snape Maltings Concert Hall, with its year round programme of musical and arts events.
Boot Cottage also makes the perfect family holiday home. Iken Canoe is just minutes from the property so you might like to hire a kayak or canoe and explore the wildlife and river that runs through Iken, and Iken Bay stables barely a mile away.
Eating and Drinking: The Froize Inn at Chillesford, perhaps your closest dining venue, offers wonderful home-cooked food in hearty portions. Snape is just a few miles away (and a lovely walk from Iken Cliff along the duckboards). With three good local pubs, all of which offer good local food from fish and chips at The Plough & Sail to a full pub dining menu at The Crown and The Golden Key, you can dine out every day.
Further afield, Aldeburgh has some great restaurants. The RegattaandThe Lighthouse are both very popular and there is also a good choice of shops selling excellent local produce. The historic fishing town of Orford is situated on the rivers Alde and Ore and well worth a visit for lunch, supper or just to explore. Pinney's of Orford have grown oysters at Butley Creek since the 1950s and their smokehouse supplies mouth-watering freshly smoked fish every day. The Crown & Castle, Orford, co-owned by Ruth Watson of TV's The Hotel Inspector fame, offers a wonderful menu and enjoys great reviews.
Self Catering: There are several good farm shops nearby - make sure to visit Friday Street Farm Shop on the A1094 just off the A12 and The Farm Cafe and Food Market, Marlesford. There is also a great deli and tea room at Snape Maltings where you can buy Pump Street Bakery bread and cakes. The Orford village shop sells groceries and newspapers.
For more information on places to eat and things to do in the area, please take a look at Visit Snape.
- To the front of the cottage is an open porch with wooden pews to either side. A stable door opens into the hall
- The hall has a brick floor, hall table and built in boiler cupboard and fuse box above
- There is a spacious ground floor cloakroom with hooks for coats, space for boots and shoes beneath, wash basin and w.c., towel rail and local walking map
- The sitting room has a log burning stove (logs provided), sofa and two armchairs, occasional tables,, flat screen TV with Freeview and radio, DVD player, IPod dock built in cupboards, housing wi fi, books and games. A door leads to the staircase leading to the super king bedroom.
- The dining room has a round table and 4 chairs, two additional carvers are available, serving table and inbuilt wall cupboards with display china, wi fi and telephone for emergency and incoming calls only. The vacuum, cleaning materials etc are stored in the cupboard. The iron and ironing mat are stored in the other cupboard. A door leads to the staircase to the twin bedroom.
- Kitchen - the kitchen has a stable door leading to the garden, good sized electric cooker with two ovens, kettle and toaster, microwave, washing machine, freezer, fridge and dishwasher.
- Bedroom 1: With super king bed, bedside lights, easy chair, chest of drawers with mirror. Door to en-suite bathroom with free standing bath, washbasin, w.c., heated towel rail, wardrobe and chest of drawers.
- Bedroom 2: Twin beds, chest of drawers, bedside cabinets and lights, easy chair. Door to en-suite shower room with large walk in shower, washbasin and w.c., built in storage cupboard with hanging and shelf space, room for cases etc. Easy chair.
- A gate leads to the gravel drive where there is parking for several cars.
- The garden is largely grass with flower beds close to the cottage and a patio area with table and chairs. The garden is fenced but not necessarily dog proof. Electric fencing to the fields where livestock graze.
- There is a garden shed where the whirly gig washing line is stored. Garden equipment, bikes etc can also be stored there, There is a log store with logs for the wood burner
- Oil central heating throughout. Bed linen and towels are provided. Please bring own beach towels.
- DOGS - One well behaved dog is welcome but please keep your dog on a lead in the garden as there may be areas which are not entirely dog proof. Hot and cold water outside taps with hoses are provided outside the kitchen for washing down muddy dogs. Please bring your own towels for drying the dog. There is plenty of space for a dog basket in the hall. Please restrict your dog to the brick floored rooms (hall, kitchen and ground floor cloakroom) as carpeting is cream.
- RESTRICTIONS - Boot Cottage is old and door heights are around or under six feet in several rooms. There are two staircases, both of which are curved and quite steep, one of the staircases is narrow. Both have handrails and ground and first floor doors.
No hesitation in recommending both Boot Cottage and surrounding peaceful area. Very contented with service from yourselves.
We wouldn't have found the property if it wasn't for the directions. They were fab. The cottage was absolutely beautiful.
coming from overcrowded Holland we loved the peace, the birds, the space and the gorgeous cottage ………………...
One of the best holiday cottages we have ever stayed in.